Police Call 1 P.M. News Conference on Accident Involving Marshawn Lync

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No criminal charges if they have no proof he was driving the car. In a civil case though, the absence of proof is not an affirmative defense, so he'd have to offer evidence as to who was driving to avoid liability. So, like another Bills running back, he would most likely skate on the criminal and pay a bit in a civil case if he presents no evidence.

Good point, however it's not likely that his brother or Joe schmoe would be suspended by the NFL.

The NFL is the lesser of the problems. Avoiding jailtime is the bigger one.

Finster: "No PC they will let you go" "They treat me like a criminal. I'll end up a criminal"

Hockney: "You are a criminal"

Finster: "Now why you gotta go and do that? I'm trying to make a point"

Keaton: "Well why don't you make your point already, I'm gettin tired all over"

:thumbsup:

Dave Kujan: Do you know a dealer named Ruby Deamer, Marshawn?

Marshawn: Do you know a religious guy named John Paul?

Dave Kujan: Did you know Ruby's in Attica?

Marshawn: He didn't have my lawyer.

The Buffalo police may not have said much but The Smoking Gun does

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...60308lynch.html

YOU ASS!

If anyone is interested here's the real link.

Why does DrDank want to date the transgendered uncle?

Isn't it obvious? :rolleyes:

I would now be shocked if Lynch was driving the car. It's basically four days later. The cops are getting mad at him for not giving them answers. If he was the suspect, and it was a serious charge, they would just go to his house or go to practice and talk to him. It seems pretty likely that he doesn't want to talk to incriminate someone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

No criminal charges if they have no proof he was driving the car. In a civil case though, the absence of proof is not an affirmative defense, so he'd have to offer evidence as to who was driving to avoid liability. So, like another Bills running back, he would most likely skate on the criminal and pay a bit in a civil case if he presents no evidence.

Allow me to proffer this defense...

Perhaps ML actually was driving the vehicle but became completely discombobulated trying to exit the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot, due to the hoards of hungry BPD late-night noshers blocking his path with their cruisers...

Could it then be argued that perhaps the BPD itself was at fault?

Even if Marshawn was driving why wouldn't he just pay one of his friends a bunch of money to take the charge. I'm sure it won't end up with jail time, so he could pay a guy enough that the community service/probation will be worth it.

come on. have you ever seen Buffalo 66?

Come on Senator, if she was Canadien [sic], she would have still been in the bar drinking.

Holy moose rooster!!!! It turns out she actually was Canadien [sic]...

According to the police report, the vehicle hit a pedestrian sometime around 3:30 Saturday morning near Chippewa and Delaware, and reportedly fled the scene. The pedestrian, a 27 year old from Hamilton, Ontario reportedly had two bruises on her leg and got seven stitches before being released from Buffalo General Hospital. Police say the vehicle was located in the vicinity of Lynch's home, and that they tried to contact the football player right after the accident. His attorney contacted police yesterday afternoon.

Link

Holy moose rooster!!!! It turns out she actually was Canadien [sic]...

According to the police report, the vehicle hit a pedestrian sometime around 3:30 Saturday morning near Chippewa and Delaware, and reportedly fled the scene. The pedestrian, a 27 year old from Hamilton, Ontario reportedly had two bruises on her leg and got seven stitches before being released from Buffalo General Hospital. Police say the vehicle was located in the vicinity of Lynch's home, and that they tried to contact the football player right after the accident. His attorney contacted police yesterday afternoon.

Link

27 year old chic from Hamilton, she was hammered and stumbled into the vehicle for sure. I was born in Hamilton and still have a bunch of cousins there. I will have to check with them to see if it was one of them. If it was I will make sure she "understands" how important Marshawn is to our playoff hopes. Maybe it will turn out that I was driving that vehicle after all?

GO BILLS!

I would now be shocked if Lynch was driving the car. It's basically four days later. The cops are getting mad at him for not giving them answers. If he was the suspect, and it was a serious charge, they would just go to his house or go to practice and talk to him. It seems pretty likely that he doesn't want to talk to incriminate someone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

See post #39. I agree whole-heartedly.

I believe we can make a few reasonable assumptions at this point:

1 -- Marshawn has told his lawyer whatever he knows

2 -- the victim has told the police whatever she knows (which probably isn't much)

3 -- a witness has told the police something

If we accept these assumptions as true (the first one being the most important), and seeing how more than three days have passed since the incident, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Marshawn was not driving. Think about it. If Marshawn was driving, his lawyer is immediately talking to the police about the best and least public way of handling the situation. That scenario doesn't include a dog and pony show of a press conference during which the police say they need to "find" Marshawn to talk to him.

My prediction is we'll soon learn Marshawn was not even in the vehicle, or if he was he was asleep or otherwise unaware of what happened. The cops want to find out who was driving, and Marshawn doesn't want to give that person up.

It's just a hunch, admittedly, but one based somewhat in logic. We'll see. I'll be the first to own up if I'm wrong.

This very well could be the case, but what type of person is he if he doesn't want to give up someone that MAY have been driving, or it could be he was driving and the police are cutting him the kind of slack most professional athletes are afforded.

This very well could be the case, but what type of person is he if he doesn't want to give up someone that MAY have been driving, or it could be he was driving and the police are cutting him the kind of slack most professional athletes are afforded.

Do you have ANY idea what the mentality is of young men in this country raised in urban areas? Rule #1 -- the cops are not to be trusted. Rule #2 -- you don't give up your brothers. It's not hard to understand at all. It's sad that this is the state of things, but it's reality.

Do you have ANY idea what the mentality is of young men in this country raised in urban areas? Rule #1 -- the cops are not to be trusted. Rule #2 -- you don't give up your brothers. It's not hard to understand at all. It's sad that this is the state of things, but it's reality.

I wholeheartedly agree, but it makes me wonder if this is truely the case what type of person do you think he is for having that mentallity? It would make me think he's a piece of shi&, that will never get his just due punishment.