Police Call 1 P.M. News Conference on Accident Involving Marshawn Lync

I believe we can make a few reasonable assumptions at this point:

1 -- Marshawn has told his lawyer whatever he knows

2 -- the victim has told the police whatever she knows (which probably isn't much)

3 -- a witness has told the police something

If we accept these assumptions as true (the first one being the most important), and seeing how more than three days have passed since the incident, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Marshawn was not driving. Think about it. If Marshawn was driving, his lawyer is immediately talking to the police about the best and least public way of handling the situation. That scenario doesn't include a dog and pony show of a press conference during which the police say they need to "find" Marshawn to talk to him.

My prediction is we'll soon learn Marshawn was not even in the vehicle, or if he was he was asleep or otherwise unaware of what happened. The cops want to find out who was driving, and Marshawn doesn't want to give that person up.

It's just a hunch, admittedly, but one based somewhat in logic. We'll see. I'll be the first to own up if I'm wrong.

Even if Marshawn was driving why wouldn't he just pay one of his friends a bunch of money to take the charge. I'm sure it won't end up with jail time, so he could pay a guy enough that the community service/probation will be worth it.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Marshawn was driving why wouldn't he just pay one of his friends a bunch of money to take the charge. I'm sure it won't end up with jail time, so he could pay a guy enough that the community service/probation will be worth it.

I know it is hard to even consider this but maybe Marshawn is a good guy? You know and what you just suggested has never and would never occur to him?

THAT just might be why he wouldn't pay someone to take the fall?

I know it is hard to even consider this but maybe Marshawn is a good guy? You know and what you just suggested has never and would never occur to him?

If he was a good guy and he was driving he wouldn't have left the scene, he would've stayed and made sure the person that he hit was ok. (In the hypothectical world where he definitely was the driver)He's already proven he cares more about not getting caught than taking responsibility, so paying someone to take the fall would definitely crooss his mind.

Guest dog14787

Plus If caught it would only up the charges and severly damage his reputation so bad idea.

If he was a good guy and he was driving he wouldn't have left the scene, he would've stayed and made sure the person that he hit was ok. (In the hypothectical world where he definitely was the driver), so paying someone to take the fall would definitely crooss his mind.

my god where YOU there. How the hell do you KNOW what actually happened? he may be protecting someone ELSE.

"..He's already proven he cares more about not getting caught than taking responsibility"..

what's the use. You have already tried and convicted him

Original post:

Second post:

If he was a good guy and he was driving he wouldn't have left the scene, he would've stayed and made sure the person that he hit was ok. (In the hypothectical world where he definitely was the driver)He's already proven he cares more about not getting caught than taking responsibility, so paying someone to take the fall would definitely crooss his mind.

I imply in both that I am speculating (as all of us are). All I'm saying is the two possibilities are that either he was driving or he wasn't. If he wasn't, then he won't be in any trouble. If he was, he should pay someone off and not get in trouble. I elaborate by explaining why IF he was driving he wouldn't have a problem paying someone off to counter your argument about why he would have a problem doing that IF he was driving. I'm not jumping to conclusions, just speculating, which is all anyone is doing at this point, so I don't think its the worst thing in the world.

tHE STREAM IS !@#$EED UP. tHE ONLY THING i HEARD WAS A FEMALE REPORTER ASKING THE COP WHY THEY JUST DONT GO DOWN TO rws AND ASK HIM IF HE WAS IN THE CAR.

cOP WAS PISSED SAYING tHIS IS PART OF AN ONGOING INVESTIGZATIOON.

THEN i GOT CUT OFF

(sh-- sorry for the caps and the run on :rolleyes: )

And our public servants continue to instill a sense of confidence, credibility, and professionalism in the public they serve :thumbsup::lol::lol:

I believe we can make a few reasonable assumptions at this point:

1 -- Marshawn has told his lawyer whatever he knows

2 -- the victim has told the police whatever she knows (which probably isn't much)

3 -- a witness has told the police something

If we accept these assumptions as true (the first one being the most important), and seeing how more than three days have passed since the incident, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Marshawn was not driving. Think about it. If Marshawn was driving, his lawyer is immediately talking to the police about the best and least public way of handling the situation. That scenario doesn't include a dog and pony show of a press conference during which the police say they need to "find" Marshawn to talk to him.

My prediction is we'll soon learn Marshawn was not even in the vehicle, or if he was he was asleep or otherwise unaware of what happened. The cops want to find out who was driving, and Marshawn doesn't want to give that person up.

It's just a hunch, admittedly, but one based somewhat in logic. We'll see. I'll be the first to own up if I'm wrong.

All excellent, well-considered logic, eball. The first thought that crossed my mind was that Marshawn was not behind the wheel, and I will throw this out here once again, purely for speculation...

Link

Since the BPD was willingly complicit in covering up for the reckless driving escapades of Mayor Brown's son last year, it's not at all unbelievable they would protect ML's kid brother.

Now having thrown that smelly turd on the table - again, all purely conjecture - I should also point out the ML is not the best driver, and had at least one minor 'fender-bender' last winter involving that same Porsche Cayenne and a neighbor's parked car. At the time, I chalked it up to a lack of winter-driving skills.

Should we call the BPD's anonymous tip line?

"Pssst - I know where Lynch is. He's holed up in this giant white barn in Orchard Park..."

lol...We need to call Sherlock Holmes in for this one.

Marshawn's screwed.

If he didn't come out right away and say he wasn't in the car, he obviously was, and we're going to be Lynchless...

yeah, I tend to agree. In fact I think he was driving. It's obvoius the person who hit the lady had a lot to lose because they took off trying to escape the attention.

yeah, I tend to agree. In fact I think he was driving. It's obvoius the person who hit the lady had a lot to lose because they took off trying to escape the attention.

Why would Marshawn have more to lose than his kid brother or some other friend? Actually being a star athlete would help him versus some joe schmoe.

Why would Marshawn have more to lose than his kid brother or some other friend? Actually being a star athlete would help him versus some joe schmoe.

Good point, however it's not likely that his brother or Joe schmoe would be suspended by the NFL.

GO BILLS!

IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle