Police Call 1 P.M. News Conference on Accident Involving Marshawn Lync

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just caught it a bit late, but he seems to just be saying that it is under investigation with the evidence that they have and they're trying to get answers. They want to wrap it up ASAP. If guilty, it is a Class A Misdemeanor punishable up to a year in prison and/or $1,000 fine. Victim is considering pressing charges. "Someone will be charged" they just haven't spoken to Lynch or his attorney yet.

The guy keeps making football analogies which is pretty weird and unprofessional kind of playing to the crowd...

Still looking for answers and if they can't get them they'll have to "take other action"

So basically she wants to find out if they are going to finger Lynch, so she can get the max $ out of this entire ordeal.

Guest dog14787
Sounds like they don't have enough PC for an arrest.

The fact that Marshawn Lynch did not come in voluntarily for questioning seems odd but if his lawyer was not readily available it could have had something to do with it. He has a right to an attorney when questioned and since there is no grounds for an arrest yet on his part because he has not been identified as the driver, the investigation is stalled. My guess is they do not have suficient proof to charge anyone so they are trying to manipulate a confession. Marshawn Lynch isn't doing anything because he's been advised by his attorney not to. :rolleyes:

The fact that Marshawn Lynch did not come in voluntarily for questioning seems odd but if his lawyer was not readily available it could have had something to do with it. He has a right to an attorney when questioned and since there is no grounds for an arrest yet on his part because he has not been identified as the driver, the investigation is stalled. My guess is they do not have suficient proof to charge anyone so they are trying to manipulate a confession. Marshawn Lynch isn't doing anything because he's been advised by his attorney not to. :rolleyes:

I'm going the other way and guessing the BPD is complicit in this whole mess. My theory is that his lawyer is talking with the lawyer of the victim and they are negotiating $'s while the BPD turns a blind eye. Once the settlement is reached the BPD or DA will say there just wasn't enough evidence for an arrest but the benevolent guy that he is, ML will pay for the medical expenses.

People should be nothing short of outraged if this presser was how people have portrayed it in their posts. Are we supposed to believe the BPD wants to talk to ML, but really doesn't know where he is? Seriously?

Guest dog14787
I'm going the other way and guessing the BPD is complicit in this whole mess. My theory is that his lawyer is talking with the lawyer of the victim and they are negotiating $'s while the BPD turns a blind eye. Once the settlement is reached the BPD or DA will say there just wasn't enough evidence for an arrest but the benevolent guy that he is, ML will pay for the medical expenses.

People should be nothing short of outraged if this presser was how people have portrayed it in their posts. Are we supposed to believe the BPD wants to talk to ML, but really doesn't know where he is? Seriously?

Someone will be charged for this, if nobody takes responsibility, it should fall back on the owner.

Someone will be charged for this, if nobody takes responsibility, it should fall back on the owner.

I tend to agree - the gal will likely be charged w/vandalism for breaking ML's mirror.

The two questions that loom large here, IMHO, are:

1) Was she Canadien [sic] ?

2) How long did she have to wait for an MRI ?

(That could have been the big hold-up right there.)

I tend to agree - the gal will likely be charged w/vandalism for breaking ML's mirror.

Come on Senator, if she was Canadien [sic], she would have still been in the bar drinking.

The problem is she was Canadian and requested an MRIA, totally confused everyone. Hence the long wait...

Guest dog14787

:rolleyes:

Guest dog14787

Marshawn could have slipped into beast mode and simply forgot where he was for a minute. :thumbsup:

Think about it, people trying to tackle you all the time and the road does kinda look like a stretched out football field.

Meanwhile the doggon pedestrians are always trying to keep you from scoring a TD. GEEEESH :rolleyes:

Sounds like they don't have enough PC for an arrest.

Finster: "No PC they will let you go" "They treat me like a criminal. I'll end up a criminal"

Hockney: "You are a criminal"

Finster: "Now why you gotta go and do that? I'm trying to make a point"

Keaton: "Well why don't you make your point already, I'm gettin tired all over"

:rolleyes:

I believe we can make a few reasonable assumptions at this point:

1 -- Marshawn has told his lawyer whatever he knows

2 -- the victim has told the police whatever she knows (which probably isn't much)

3 -- a witness has told the police something

If we accept these assumptions as true (the first one being the most important), and seeing how more than three days have passed since the incident, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Marshawn was not driving. Think about it. If Marshawn was driving, his lawyer is immediately talking to the police about the best and least public way of handling the situation. That scenario doesn't include a dog and pony show of a press conference during which the police say they need to "find" Marshawn to talk to him.

My prediction is we'll soon learn Marshawn was not even in the vehicle, or if he was he was asleep or otherwise unaware of what happened. The cops want to find out who was driving, and Marshawn doesn't want to give that person up.

It's just a hunch, admittedly, but one based somewhat in logic. We'll see. I'll be the first to own up if I'm wrong.