favorite wines

Pete

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest favorite has been Coppola Pinot Noir . . .

He charges way too much for the tour and tasting at his vineyard in Napa. At least his Tucker, desk from the Godfather, and Oscar are free to see.

The Two Buck Chuck Chardonay from Trader Joe's Stores won a blind California taste test last year!

I am no wine snob.

There are 5 types:

Red

White

Stuff with a cork

Stuff with a twist top

Stuff in a bag. :lol:<_<<_<<_<

is there a corresponding red wine for every white wine? for instance, is there a red wine version of a reisling wine? I am timid when it comes to reds, I prefer the semi-dry whites for this reason alone, however I always let my vintner(fancy word, huh?) recommend a wine for me, and so far he has not let me down, the wine cellar on midlo tpk for y'all in the richmond area

I work for a wine company, enjoy wine but can't stand wine snobs. If you like a $5 bottle, drink it. If you don't like the $60 bottle, who cares.

If anybody wants some discounts send me a pm and I'll send you the site and codes. Our wines range from $10-$30, and we have $0 shipping.

when i was at my wine store the other nite, i was buying some sausage and cheese and asked what he thought would go with them, he asked me..."....what kind of wine do you like to drink...." that made perfect sense....too many people are too stringent in their tastes that they force themselves to do what they may not enjoy to the fullest

I work for a wine company, enjoy wine but can't stand wine snobs. If you like a $5 bottle, drink it. If you don't like the $60 bottle, who cares.

If anybody wants some discounts send me a pm and I'll send you the site and codes. Our wines range from $10-$30, and we have $0 shipping.

He charges way too much for the tour and tasting at his vineyard in Napa. At least his Tucker, desk from the Godfather, and Oscar are free to see.

The Two Buck Chuck Chardonay from Trader Joe's Stores won a blind California taste test last year!

I am no wine snob.

There are 5 types:

Red

White

Stuff with a cork

Stuff with a twist top

Stuff in a bag. :lol:<_<<_<<_<

The stuff with a twist top now is generally the best BTW. Cork is nothing but a tradation, adds nothing to the wine and can only ruin it. Do not NOT buya wine cause it is a twist top. If it is over $7.99 a bottle, prolly a good indication they understand they have a good a bottle of wine they do not want "corked"

when i was at my wine store the other nite, i was buying some sausage and cheese and asked what he thought would go with them, he asked me..."....what kind of wine do you like to drink...." that made perfect sense....too many people are too stringent in their tastes that they force themselves to do what they may not enjoy to the fullest

agree, although i have been surprised at some things that i thought were bunk before. What you are eating really can change how the wine tastes / how much you enjoy it, including what you have been eating or drinking ahead of time.

I've been hooked on the Andretti Zinfandel and Primativo of late. Suggestion I have is to find a good wine store (or sales person) and get to know them. A Vin 100 store just opened up near me and I have a path beaten down to the place. Suggestion I have it to try different things and note what tastes good. Buy it again if you do.

Wifey and I did the Napa area for a 3 day stint last fall. Had a blast!! (Rutherford Hill, Domain Chandon, Stag's Leap, Hess, Havens, Whitehall Lane, Diamond Oaks, C Lede, Frank Family, Rubicon, Andretti)

For the budget concious. Try BV Coastal Pinot Noir. Can find it in Kroger for around $10 (cheaper if on sale). Not sure what that translates to under other state taxes. Sebastiani makes a great Cab ($15-20)

I'm currently working my way through a case a of Domaine du Pesquier Cotes du Rhone. I know Cotes du Rhone is an appellation, but I believe they also use it as the name of this particular red. Bold & Spicy.....very nice! yes?

I really enjoy Ledson wines out of Sonoma. They specialize in Zins, a favorite of mine. Plus their Russian River Chardonnay is also excellent.

I'm currently working my way through a case a of Domaine du Pesquier Cotes du Rhone. I know Cotes du Rhone is an appellation, but I believe they also use it as the name of this particular red. Bold & Spicy.....very nice! yes?

Cotes du Rhone! i knew i was forgetting one in my original post. great wine.

A wine that the wife and I love from the Erie Wine Trail comes from Willow Creek in Sheridan NY .Last 2 years we have stoped and picked up a case from them ( 716 - 934 - WINE )

Chambourcin

Cayuga white

Cream Sherry and Chocolate Temptations - mix 50 -50 OUT OF THIS WORLD .

All very good .

Finger lakes - Has some good wines . Most grapes not grown in area .

Love the following ( what we drink most of the time )

Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon

Yellow Tail Merlot

Black Box

Black Stone

Lindermans Bin 50 Shiraz

Alice white Chardonnary

Black opal ( screw Top )

Red truck

We are always picking up different wines to try . Some $60 and $80 wines suck some $ 3 wines are very good . I am not a sweet wine drinker . But love most wines . LOve red .

If you have not sent your bottle to me , you can send it to mead 107 Charlton NY 12019 or bring it to the tailgate party in the fall .

What do you consider a wine snob? If I prefer to drink wines priced over $50 am I considered a snob?