After reading JoeF's post about JP being a team first guy

Sad, isn't it?

What is truly sad is how sanctimonious you are being.

Good thing you weren't around for the Bledsoe era. Many of the current "JP Worshippers" simply ran him out of town, and he too was a good guy. And yes, there were personal insults, much like the ones about Trent's sister. Now, WHO is upset about not being "right?" Please.

You see, I happen to rate your posts as somewhat above average, but forgive me if I choose not to kneel down and worship JP because he is attending a voluntary camp.

Losman has not produced, and he went public with his (legit or not) tales of woe. I highlighted this because it was very ill advised, much like some of his on-field decisions. Now, he pays the price. Look, I am not going to pine my days away worrying about JP Losman. He is a millionaire. Even if he continues to play poorly, he should have a comfortable life.

If you wanna leave this board because you are oh so upset about JP Losman not starting after 4 years of inconsistent to poor performance, you should do so. That is not my hope. I would rather see you get yourself together and rally around the Bills. Why not accept the possibility that they can be good with Trent?

PS: You are wrong about Bills Fans. The Bills play in treacherous weather quite often. WNY has a poor economy. Bills Fans are a cantankerous bunch to be sure, but when push comes to shove, we are the best fans of any team in any sport, even those of us who are not hung up on a so-so quarterback.

PPS: I am not so tough either, but there is nothing here that I wouldn't say to your face.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tipster I understand the frustration with everyone clamoring to be the next comedic genius around here. However I can only speak for myself. I don't hate Losman. Honestly I could care less about him. He's another in a long line of failed quarterbacks, that drapes the nfl past, and present, and certinally the future. He's a nice guy. That's great. Cares about the community. Simply splendid. There should be more athletes that take, that kind of initiative. Rather then the Pacmans, Chris Henry's, Mike Vicks. That sem to take over the headlines. However at the end of the day. I'm gonna judge a athlete, by how well he does "HIS JOB".

In this area, JP has been woefully inconsistent. Whatever the excuses for this are. They've been regurgitated ad nauseam. Like a lot of others I've moved on. I hope for Losman's personal sake, he continues being a community kind of guy wherever he ends up. Sports need, more people who care. I don't know the guy past watching him play football, for my favorite team. That's all I can judge him on. In that regard I hope I never see him again, while wishing him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

I don't like JP as a player, but as a person, he seems like he's pretty down to earth. I liked the initiative that he had in buying and fixing up a house in Buffalo as well as his website to try and clean up the city. The only bashing that I ever do on him is when people say that he has talent and should be the starter because in my opinion (which is all a message board really is), he shouldn't be.

I enjoy your topics, Tipster, and think that it will be a loss to the board if you stop posting them. You're one of the ones who puts some effort into what you're tossing out there and usually have something positive to say. That's what I'm looking for on here, not the negative posts about how bad we're going to suck.

All I can say is that you need to take it for what it's worth and not feel the need to defend yourself or your opinion unless you think that the person who is accusing you of something has any merit at all. I think that alot of the posts on here are put up just to try and get a rise out of the people who are serious and have serious points.

It all comes down to the fact that 99% of JP bashers are more set on being right than the Bills being successful.

Sorry but this is jsut plain silly. I was a huge JP supporter but he lost his job, fair and square. It just very annoying to hear how Losman was screwed with and offer every excuse in the book or him. Bottomline, he didn't get the job done on a consistent basis. Edwards, as a rookie, is at the very least on the same level as JP. That shouldn't be the case.

I want the best QB to paly because I wanna see the Bills finally be good again. And based on last season, it was Edwards. So please stop with all the excuses for JP. Thanks. :P

What is truly sad is how sanctimonious you are being.

Good thing you weren't around for the Bledsoe era. Many of the current "JP Worshippers" simply ran him out of town, and he too was a good guy. And yes, there were personal insults, much like the ones about Trent's sister. Now, WHO is upset about not being "right?" Please.

You see, I happen to rate your posts as somewhat above average, but forgive me if I choose not to kneel down and worship JP because he is attending a voluntary camp.

Losman has not produced, and he went public with his (legit or not) tales of woe. I highlighted this because it was very ill advised, much like some of his on-field decisions. Now, he pays the price. Look, I am not going to pine my days away worrying about JP Losman. He is a millionaire. Even if he continues to play poorly, he should have a comfortable life.

If you wanna leave this board because you are oh so upset about JP Losman not starting after 4 years of inconsistent to poor performance, you should do so. That is not my hope. I would rather see you get yourself together and rally around the Bills. Why not accept the possibility that they can be good with Trent?

PS: You are wrong about Bills Fans. The Bills play in treacherous weather quite often. WNY has a poor economy. Bills Fans are a cantankerous bunch to be sure, but when push comes to shove, we are the best fans of any team in any sport, even those of us who are not hung up on a so-so quarterback.

PPS: I am not so tough either, but there is nothing here that I wouldn't say to your face.

I'm not upset because JP is not the starter, not in the least bit. Matter of fact I'm all for trading him, I think my past posts about this got blown out, for the proper compensation but not just give him away. I think that JP sucks big time with those short skip passes, it infuriates me but on the other hand when he throws that long ball it's a thing of beauty and keeps you hoping for more. I'm tired of waiting myself for this to come to fruition. I haven't seen or know enough about Edwards to form an accurate opinion of him as our QB (I live in Florida), regardless of Losman.

My point was more to do not about Losman the player but more about how he's getting knocked unfairly when he's done nothing wrong, a lot like what goes on this board. Look, Losman might not be a good QB but there is no need to tear him apart in other aspects of him. I, like others, might not a good poster but there is no need to attack me or others about it. That is what I was really referring to.

Amen brother. It's a shame that there are those on this board who have to play "moderator" and critique everyones post. For example, "This thread is a repeat, use the search feature next time." Not of all us live and breath TSW, but when someone does post something, for God's sake, let them post it. Obviously those who bash don't have anything better to do or anything worth posting yourself, because if you did, you'd have something worth contributing and starting a thread of your own. But you'd rather be hovering over the keyboard waiting for your prey.

no, youre talking about something completely different. there is a difference between calling people stupid because of their opinion and expecting someone to follow the rules of the board and have the courtesy to at least look at the entire front page before posting the same re-used topic.

I'm not upset because JP is not the starter, not in the least bit. Matter of fact I'm all for trading him, I think my past posts about this got blown out, for the proper compensation but not just give him away. I think that JP sucks big time with those short skip passes, it infuriates me but on the other hand when he throws that long ball it's a thing of beauty and keeps you hoping for more. I'm tired of waiting myself for this to come to fruition. I haven't seen or know enough about Edwards to form an accurate opinion of him as our QB (I live in Florida), regardless of Losman.

My point was more to do not about Losman the player but more about how he's getting knocked unfairly when he's done nothing wrong, a lot like what goes on this board. Look, Losman might not be a good QB but there is no need to tear him apart in other aspects of him. I, like others, might not a good poster but there is no need to attack me or others about it. That is what I was really referring to.

Honestly, the peopel who do that are in the vast minority. Read posts after Henry, Flutie, and Moulds left. There were so many scumbag fans taking shots, it was sad. Losman hasn't receive a quarter of that (not that he should receive any).

Honestly, the peopel who do that are in the vast minority. Read posts after Henry, Flutie, and Moulds left. There were so many scumbag fans taking shots, it was sad. Losman hasn't receive a quarter of that (not that he should receive any).

Don't forget about after Rueben Brown left, one of the best all time Bills.

I think he is a big boy and can defend himself if some people on an internet message board are calling him names or making fun of him. He has been a great team player and doesn't deserve the bashing he gets, he always showed up and tried hard to be the best here, unfortunatly it didn't work out.

I'm a supporter of his and I still think he can be a decent starting QB. Chances are he won't be a Hall of Famer, or reach Manning (Peyton not Eli) or Brady Levels, but good enough to be in the top half of the league as a starter. But his time in Buffalo is over, they have their guy now in Edwards, and thats what they want, I really hope this works out because although Edwards did look good for a 3rd round rookie QB, he hasn't shown me enough to believe he should be handed the starting job without having to compete for it.

As for JP, he has not been great, but he isn't as horrible as some make him out to be here. He also was not given the best chance to succeed in Buffalo. Weither its the constant carousel of coaches and co-ordinators, a divided locker room by being handed the starting job before being given an NFL start, to being yanked in and out of the lineup like a YO-YO, for a guy who's biggest knock coming out of college was that he would need more time to develop and was a raw player, I would have expected more patience. It wasn't until this season that the Bills finally had a respectable o-line (even bill can't argue that one) and now we are all complaining cause Trent needs better WR's and TE's, yet the ones he had last year are pretty much the same ones JP has had during his "development".

Just looking at the rest of the QB's in his draft class, it took Manning close to 50+ games to develop into a good QB, Big Ben was blessed with a great team with a great o-line and defence, and he has been good, and Rivers spent the first few years on the bench learning, before being given a team with one of the best RB's and TE's in the league. Losman who was supposed to take the longest to develop of them, is 3rd in games played compared to them (if you don't count the playoffs) and he is already being written off, even after having a promising second season playing as a starter (and the only year he was not yanked in and out of the lineup and started the entire season)

His time in Buffalo is over, and he should be dealt so they atleast get something for him. He may not become a great starter in the NFL, but it won't be because the Bills gave him the best chances to succeed.

I think he is a big boy and can defend himself if some people on an internet message board are calling him names or making fun of him. He has been a great team player and doesn't deserve the bashing he gets, he always showed up and tried hard to be the best here, unfortunatly it didn't work out.

I'm a supporter of his and I still think he can be a decent starting QB. Chances are he won't be a Hall of Famer, or reach Manning (Peyton not Eli) or Brady Levels, but good enough to be in the top half of the league as a starter. But his time in Buffalo is over, they have their guy now in Edwards, and thats what they want, I really hope this works out because although Edwards did look good for a 3rd round rookie QB, he hasn't shown me enough to believe he should be handed the starting job without having to compete for it.

As for JP, he has not been great, but he isn't as horrible as some make him out to be here. He also was not given the best chance to succeed in Buffalo. Weither its the constant carousel of coaches and co-ordinators, a divided locker room by being handed the starting job before being given an NFL start, to being yanked in and out of the lineup like a YO-YO, for a guy who's biggest knock coming out of college was that he would need more time to develop and was a raw player, I would have expected more patience. It wasn't until this season that the Bills finally had a respectable o-line (even bill can't argue that one) and now we are all complaining cause Trent needs better WR's and TE's, yet the ones he had last year are pretty much the same ones JP has had during his "development".

Just looking at the rest of the QB's in his draft class, it took Manning close to 50+ games to develop into a good QB, Big Ben was blessed with a great team with a great o-line and defence, and he has been good, and Rivers spent the first few years on the bench learning, before being given a team with one of the best RB's and TE's in the league. Losman who was supposed to take the longest to develop of them, is 3rd in games played compared to them (if you don't count the playoffs) and he is already being written off, even after having a promising second season playing as a starter (and the only year he was not yanked in and out of the lineup and started the entire season)

His time in Buffalo is over, and he should be dealt so they atleast get something for him. He may not become a great starter in the NFL, but it won't be because the Bills gave him the best chances to succeed.

What a great insight, very accurate.

That would be FALSE.

He lost his job because the coaching staff wanted him to. There is no QB on the planet that could function properly thinking his next INT may cost him his job.

Edwards did nothing to win the job, other than not being JP.

Sorry but this is jsut plain silly. I was a huge JP supporter but he lost his job, fair and square. It just very annoying to hear how Losman was screwed with and offer every excuse in the book or him. Bottomline, he didn't get the job done on a consistent basis. Edwards, as a rookie, is at the very least on the same level as JP. That shouldn't be the case.

I want the best QB to paly because I wanna see the Bills finally be good again. And based on last season, it was Edwards. So please stop with all the excuses for JP. Thanks. :P

Based on the Dallas game alone Edwards should not be the starter.

That would be FALSE.

He lost his job because the coaching staff wanted him to. There is no QB on the planet that could function properly thinking his next INT may cost him his job.

Edwards did nothing to win the job, other than not being JP.

Thats true, neither of the 2 QB's were that much more impressive then the other, and they had similar stats

The thing with Edwards is people think JP has hit his peak, while since Edwards was a rookie, they feel he can only get better so he has more potential

Hey bro,I hope you don't quit posting. I really enjoy and appreciate your informational posts. I know what you're talking about tho,this board is loaded with people more interested in taking personal shots at players and other posters than talking football. But there are also plenty of people who also like to discuss and debate football. You just have to wade thru some crap to get to the good stuff.

Exactly how i feel great post

Especailly the part about Edwards needing a competition. He was ok for a rookie. just ok and i dont think he played nearly well enough to earn the startng job without a competition so i hope there is a fair one in TC. If TE wins it i will support him, same goes for JP and CHROISE. I'm a Bills fan first. Everybody has a fovoritie player and JP is one of mine

Tip--thanks for the post. I gotta say -- I thought the responses to the post were pretty tame.

The Bills QB position has been the most controversial subject on this board and its predecessors since Jim Kelly's last year, when yes, people were saying Jim sucked...I had an opinion that JP showed me once again that he is a person of character and selflessness...I posted it...and let the chips fall. I didn't take any of the rest of the thread personally. If we all agreed with one another; if we didn't have and express opinions, TBD would be a pretty boring place. I think the majority of us post things that border on the personal attacks or are in hindsight moronic or full of hate every once in a while...I hate to cast stones unless the person is a consistent moron (yes there are a few of those)...

Don't leave us--I love your concocted trade ideas; draft schemes and free agent signing suggestions -- they make me laugh sometimes.

To me what Tipster is saying has a lot less to do with Losman (or QB issue however you want to spin it) but how people are just @ssholes on this board to each other way to much......

Some good natured debating was fine and cool when I first came on this board back in the day......which I now see was a long time ago....but the board has lost quite a few good posters because people dont know how to conduct themselves to one another.......

Personal attacks should not be tolerated on this board and attacking the post not the poster should be something EVERYONE knows how to do. I myself have always tried to treat people with respect.....every once in a while a troll will float across the radar and its hard not to take a shot at them....but I dont think I have every done that to a member of our community.