It's time to back away from the negotiating table for now.

I can't believe that I want us to back off from Turner. I've been a big advocate to aquire him but right now AJ has too much clout going for him. We need to wait and see if Tennessee hooks up with Dillion next week, I think they will just so they are not so desperate for Turner either.

I was listening to Sirius radio just a little while ago and most of them folks think that Tennessee will get Turner because they have a bigger need. I say let them have him.

We have plenty of options still and we don't need to get into a bidding war so early. If we lock ourselves in now, the draft is always so unpredictable and we should wait and see what becomes available for us. If all else fails there is still Lynch and also RBs like Brandon Jackson in the 2nd rd. Right now Turner's stock is at an all time premium, let's wait until it comes down if he is still available come draft time.

I sincerely doubt that there have been any serious discussions on what the Bills or Titans would be willing to trade for Turner. The only people impatient are the fans in Buffalo, TN and SD. AJ Smith is simply doing his job. He's playing hardball to see if anyone will bite, knowing full well they almost assuredly won't. The Bills and Titans probably both offered their opening salvo, probably well below what they would eventually give in to. And probably the same distance below the line that AJ is above the line of what it will eventually come to.

This is a difficult trade for all parties. It's impossible to know what is fair value in both trade and contract. AJ can hold out awhile. If he doesn't get what he wants it will heat up on or near the draft.

The best option at this point is to keep all options open. It was definitely a good idea to get Turner in to OBD to get a feel for what kind of guy he is and to see what kind of contract his agent is looking for. Armed with that information, the Bills can weigh the value of a trade for Turner as opposed to the draft day options at RB.

I can't believe that I want us to back off from Turner. I've been a big advocate to aquire him but right now AJ has too much clout going for him. We need to wait and see if Tennessee hooks up with Dillion next week, I think they will just so they are not so desperate for Turner either.

I was listening to Sirius radio just a little while ago and most of them folks think that Tennessee will get Turner because they have a bigger need. I say let them have him.

We have plenty of options still and we don't need to get into a bidding war so early. If we lock ourselves in now, the draft is always so unpredictable and we should wait and see what becomes available for us. If all else fails there is still Lynch and also RBs like Brandon Jackson in the 2nd rd. Right now Turner's stock is at an all time premium, let's wait until it comes down if he is still available come draft time.

If were talking about need then I think Buffalo is definetly the team with the bigger need.

If were talking about need then I think Buffalo is definetly the team with the bigger need.

What's worse? A healthy and fit A-Train or a fat Lendale White? I suppose that's a push, though there's more game film of A-Train than of Lendale. Unless of course you go back to White's USC days, which don't count because it was more than a year ago.

The best option at this point is to keep all options open. It was definitely a good idea to get Turner in to OBD to get a feel for what kind of guy he is and to see what kind of contract his agent is looking for. Armed with that information, the Bills can weigh the value of a trade for Turner as opposed to the draft day options at RB.

Wait 'till we are on the clock in round 2 and we know what we would be passing up to get him. The 12th pick in the second is a pretty high pick.

I sincerely doubt that there have been any serious discussions on what the Bills or Titans would be willing to trade for Turner. The only people impatient are the fans in Buffalo, TN and SD. AJ Smith is simply doing his job. He's playing hardball to see if anyone will bite, knowing full well they almost assuredly won't. The Bills and Titans probably both offered their opening salvo, probably well below what they would eventually give in to. And probably the same distance below the line that AJ is above the line of what it will eventually come to.

This is a difficult trade for all parties. It's impossible to know what is fair value in both trade and contract. AJ can hold out awhile. If he doesn't get what he wants it will heat up on or near the draft.

A wiser dog has never lived. A lot of us live or die by the whiff of something going on here, especially pre_draft and after FA settles down. The pro's handle this and that's just the way it is. There's potential upside for both teams, potential downside for both teams, and in the end, what the fans think really doesn't matter. Here, we have SD, Buffalo and Turner, all three of whom must be made happy.

WTF are you talking about? You have no idea where we are in the negotiations, or if we're even seriously IN negotiations, and yet for whatever reason, you've decided we should walk away from what you perceive is happening because...ummm...why exactly?

Sorry to come across as all unfunny and boring, but I have never seen so many fans tuck tail and run from something of which they have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever.

If you're ever in town, we should get together for some high-stakes poker. I want to remodel my kitchen.

WTF are you talking about? You have no idea where we are in the negotiations, or if we're even seriously IN negotiations, and yet for whatever reason, you've decided we should walk away from what you perceive is happening because...ummm...why exactly?

Sorry to come across as all unfunny and boring, but I have never seen so many fans tuck tail and run from something of which they have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever.

If you're ever in town, we should get together for some high-stakes poker. I want to remodel my kitchen.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

Scroll down and read it. Ralph sent his private jet to pick him up and the Bills HAVE talked to AJ about the compensation. That's not what I'm perceiving, that's reality. There's alot of smartmouths on the internet but that's because it's on the internet. If you don't like or agree with what I say, fine, but the personal attacks are uncalled for.

Wait 'till we are on the clock in round 2 and we know what we would be passing up to get him. The 12th pick in the second is a pretty high pick.

Exactly. I say we offer a 3rd. There could be an excellent player left at 12th pick 2nd round.

So NOW you're sorry. No problem, we expect it.

Oh, SNAP! Yes I did! :thumbsup:

Marv should sit tight and so should the Titans. AJ is being rediculous in wanting a first rounder for this guy.

Remember, if AJ does not get a trade after the first round then he will start to sweat. Realistically, all Turner is really worth is a day one pick ... if the Bills and Titans hold out they can make that pick a second or third rounder. If AJ does not play ball he gets to keep Turner, have great depth for one more year, and then lose him for nothing next season. Who flinches first ... the Bills or the Titans?

Neither team should consider a trade until their on the clock, or close to it. I would love to see what happens if Peterson is on the board when pick #12 comes up. Marv would be in the drivers seat.

The visit by Turner was all pre-negotiation to see what it wuld take to sign him long term.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

Scroll down and read it. Ralph sent his private jet to pick him up and the Bills HAVE talked to AJ about the compensation. That's not what I'm perceiving, that's reality. There's alot of smartmouths on the internet but that's because it's on the internet. If you don't like or agree with what I say, fine, but the personal attacks are uncalled for.

The fact remains that you, personally, know absolutely NOTHING about what is happening beyond "someone sent a jet" and "someone asked about pricing." THAT is the reality. Beyond that, you can take everything you know about what is specifically happening between the Bills, Turner and the Chargers and comfortably cram it up the ass of a gnat. And based on THAT reality, you are ready to walk away?

And for the record, there was no personal attack beyond suggesting that you would be, without question, one of the worst negotiators ever.

Marv should sit tight and so should the Titans. AJ is being rediculous in wanting a first rounder for this guy.

Remember, if AJ does not get a trade after the first round then he will start to sweat. Realistically, all Turner is really worth is a day one pick ... if the Bills and Titans hold out they can make that pick a second or third rounder. If AJ does not play ball he gets to keep Turner, have great depth for one more year, and then lose him for nothing next season. Who flinches first ... the Bills or the Titans?

Neither team should consider a trade until their on the clock, or close to it. I would love to see what happens if Peterson is on the board when pick #12 comes up. Marv would be in the drivers seat.

The visit by Turner was all pre-negotiation to see what it wuld take to sign him long term.

Good post but be careful, you might be accused of being a gutless sucker. What you stated is what I meant. If more than one team becomes involved too much then it drives Turner's stock up. At the risk of losing out it would be in Buffalo's best interest to just see where the chips fall with these FA RBs that Tennessee and ourselves have been talking to.

IMHO ......... AJ and the Chargers are the people in the drivers seat here .............. Now I understand that Turner becomes a free agent NEXT YEAR, and the chargers risk losing him with no compensation NEXT YEAR ....... but the chargers should be worrying about THIS YEAR .......... LT is a broken leg/foot/arm/rib etc away from sitting out a significant amount of time, and it would sure be nice to have Turner sitting on the bench.

NEXT YEAR will take care of itself ..... the Chargers could tag him, give him a new contract for what he's worth, cut him, or whatever ............ I don't think the Chargers are in dire straits to dump Turner, any teams wanting the services of Mr. Turner will have to "pay the piper" .......... they can hold out for a damn good price. The only remaining question is ...... Are the Bills (or any other team) willing to pay the price?

I don't think that is true. Turner is "worth" something different this year than he would be any other random year. His worth is dependent only on market value in the next month. If the Bills were the only team after him, he would be worth X. The more teams after him the more the price goes up and the more he is worth. Each team has to decide what their ceiling is, like in a fine art auction. You don't know until you get there what everyone else is willing to do, and it becomes a game of chicken. AJ is doing exactly what he should be doing, get the best deal for his team. he should be asking for a first because it's possible that the Bills, Texans or Packers are thinking of taking Marshawn Lynch in the first round and yet like Turner better.

It's impossible to know what is fair value in both trade and contract.

This can't be true. I have seen dozens of posters over the last few days claim that the Bills are going to get hosed no matter what they give up, the size of the contract or how well Turner performs! :unsure:

i hear that"inside sources" close to the negotiations say that marv has stood back from the table because aj smith is demanding tim anderson and coy wire be thrown into the deal with our second pick as well.aparently marv has said he would consider letting tim anderson go if he really has to,but letting coy wire go as well is a "deal breaker"....the bargaining goes on! lol lol.