How Would A Bills Superbowl Win.....

I realize that the premise of this thread is trite, but I was driven to it by the "$10,000 dollar question."

In my case, I am not sure. Certainly there would be a flood of emotions. I have spent a great deal of time and money being a Bills Fan. The "blue collar" thing would matter to me, because I really like this about WNY. I truly do believe that Bills Fans are the greatest fans of any team in any sport.

I would be especially happy for people such as #89 and cablelady. They take it to the limit. They don't have the technical knowledge of say Badolbilz, R.Rich, Lori, KTD, etc., but their hearts are there, and that is just as important.

My wife and 3 daughters are Bills Fans. Imo, it was a very positive thing for the kids. It taught them to stick to a cause, and that it isn't important to "run with the crowd." Millie IS a fan, but I think that some of it is simply to indulge me, which is OK too. :thumbsup:

If the Bills ever DO get to the superbowl again, I DON"T want to go to the game. I want TBD to plan a party in WNY.

If they win, I am going to run outside and dive into a pile of snow. This is my plan, even if my wife is there to see me act like a fool. If they lose, I will continue to be a Bills fan until I am dead. True Bills Fans never give up.

This might be the best thing about being a bills Fan.

Sorry to ramble.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thinking about it and reading your post brings a HUGE smile to my face.

I'm not a drinker or partier anymore but I know one thing is for sure. I would be the happiest man alive and that smile would not leave my face for a long time.

Especially going through those Super Bowl years as a young kid. That team just was everything to me. Now that I'm 27 years old I hope those same memories can be passed onto my 8 year old son. Except this time with a victory.

Honestly........id probably start to cry and finally let go of all the frustrations ive had for the past few years.........and after doing so, ID BE THE BIGGEST F-ING TRASH TALKER YOU HAVE EVER SEEN WITH MY BILLS........For everyone who has given me sh1t over the years.....id let them have it!

I'm not ashamed to admit that tears would flow. I will be in Buffalo to watch the next Super Bowl in which the Bills appear -- like you, I do not want to be at the game. I want to celebrate with the people to whom this means the most.

Similarly, if (when?) the Sabres reach the Cup Finals this year, I am going to make every effort to be in Buffalo for any potential series clincher.

In reality, the buzz would last until the next season. Then we'd all be back bitching that this team lacks a winning attitude and that Ralph wants to scuttle the team so he can move it to Timbuktu. Nothing would change, really. Just look at Red Sox fans. They break the curse in 2004 and they were crying like children by 2005.

PTR

In reality, the buzz would last until the next season. Then we'd all be back bitching that this team lacks a winning attitude and that Ralph wants to scuttle the team so he can move it to Timbuktu. Nothing would change, really. Just look at Red Sox fans. They break the curse in 2004 and they were crying like children by 2005.

PTR

I disagree. Yes, we'd go back to critiquing the Bills, but one fact remains. Once a Champion, always a Champion.

I'm not ashamed to admit that tears would flow.

I as well. When I was just a wee-lad and Norwood missed that kick I cried myself to sleep that night. It was very heartbreaking. I thought for sure he was going to nail it. I will never forget that game.

I'd wear my Bills shirts around every day whith 10,000% pride instead of the usual 100% pride I currently do.

However, the title will come far too late my my father, who has been a fan since 1960 and he attended that Kansas City Championship game loss the cost the Bills a trip to the first Super Bowl (AFL/NFL Championship Game).

He has alzhemier and his mind is going very fast. He always stated he wanted to be buried in a Super Bowl Championship sweatshirt. I always wanted one Super Bowl win for him and the tens of thousands of fans like him, who have supported the team for years and deserve one shinning day in the spotlight!

I am the person I am today because of him and his biggest thing was loyality. I will always be a Bills and Sabres fan because you support your team, no matter what. We we're wealthy but every year he made sure we attended at least one Bills game. We were at the 1990 title game vs the Raiders, the Comeback game, I remember a Monday Night game vs the jets in the early 80's and some really bad weather games, including that Phoenix nightmare, when it rained sideways and there was a negative punt by the Cards. There were countles other games as well.

I remember my first game vs Baltimore in Sept. of 78 (I think), when Curtis Brown returned a 102 yard kickoff straight at us into the scoreboard endzone. So many great memories at that stadium and just one Super Bowl championship would mean it all to me and my father.

Honestly........id probably start to cry and finally let go of all the frustrations ive had for the past few years.........and after doing so, ID BE THE BIGGEST F-ING TRASH TALKER YOU HAVE EVER SEEN WITH MY BILLS........For everyone who has given me sh1t over the years.....id let them have it!

ditto

Hmmmm.....lets see. If we won it this year it will have been 40 some odd years to have done so.....

It took the Sox 80 some odd years to win a championship......

I'm not a mathmatician, but I'd say it would have approximately HALF the effect on me as it would have a Sox fan back in '04.

....whatever that effect was.

I don't think I would run around or shout or trash talk (well, maybe a yelp or two, and a LITTLE trash talk to anyone in a Pats, Jets, or Dolphins shirt).

But I'd have a quiet sense of satisfaction that would last a long time. As someone said earlier in this thread, once a champion, always a champion.

I am a Kansas City Royals fan, and even though that franchise has been arguably the worst in baseball in recent years, i still remember the playoffs and world series victory against the Cardinals in 1985, when they came back from losign the first two at home and being down 3-1 in games, the first team ever to do this in WS history, and I will always have that feeling.

With Bills I would multiply that feeling by 100.

Winning the Super Bowl would let me do the one thing I have always dreamed of doing the moment the Super Bowl was over: pick up the phone and call for my Sports Illustrated subscription complete with the free video of the Buffalo Bill's year in review.

It would adversely effect me.

I would flip my own car, poison myself with alcohol, and probably suffer 3rd degree burns after setting myself on fire during the celebration.

And it would be the happiest I ever was.

I gotta admit I'd be doing the same thing and be just as happy.

I suppose I would be most happy for my family, especially my dad. He doesn't show it as much as my mom - but when they lose it absolutely kills him.

Winning the Super Bowl would let me do the one thing I have always dreamed of doing the moment the Super Bowl was over: pick up the phone and call for my Sports Illustrated subscription complete with the free video of the Buffalo Bill's year in review.

Heh. The ending to that was a lot tamer than the beginning led me to believe. I was thinking more along the lines of a killing spree against your enemies or a threesome with two hookers or going parachuting. You know, because you could die happy if the Bills win the SB.

But nope. You'd pick up the phone. And call SI. Get a free video (well at least it's free). You'd watch it. That's exciting stuff.

By the way, people...it's "affect you", not "effect you". The Bills winning a Superbowl will not "effect" anyone, as "effect" is a noun. If something affects you, it has an effect.

And "efect" isn't anything. Right, Bill? :blink:

what's an effectation?

Heh. The ending to that was a lot tamer than the beginning led me to believe. I was thinking more along the lines of a killing spree against your enemies or a threesome with two hookers or going parachuting. You know, because you could die happy if the Bills win the SB.

But nope. You'd pick up the phone. And call SI. Get a free video (well at least it's free). You'd watch it. That's exciting stuff.

Apparently my bad humor strikes again.