Does anyone here truly have inside knowledge

eball

I still can't understand why the Bills unveiled a new jersey a few years ago but nothing on it identifies the jersey as the Buffalo Bills? No logo on the sleeve or neckline or the word "BILLS" anywhere?!? I live out of state and to this day, people have no clue that I'm wearing a Bills jersey. I've had comments about Denver & New England but never Buffalo.

Best days are the days when we see the Bills wear their throwback jerseys. OLD SCHOOL!

Uniform-wise, this Super Bowl is the ultimate "old school" matchup: Bears vs. Colts. I don't think either team has ever changed their uniforms.

You don't know how wrong you are.

And the thing is, if they changed them to either the throwbacks or went back to the Super Bowl-era unis, about 90 percent of fans would be happy and we wouldn't have to talk about it ever again.

As it is, the team wears an amalgum of the Broncos/Titans/Patriots duds that maybe 20 percent of our fans like/put up with/don't care, and the rest of the league points and laughs like when the 'Felons wore all-orange and literally looked like inmates.

Nice avatar. That's my little girl's favorite show.

Teams change uniforms to sell merch. This would be a very, very bad time to switch uniforms because the team is not looking to be great, one of the reasons the Sabres just happened to change this season. Also, in Buffalo, fans are spending major money on Sabres' duds, so two new uniforms in one year might be a tough sell.

With all due respect, I think you contradicted yourself.

You're correct in that teams change uniforms to sell merchandise and make money, but if you want to use the Sabres as an example, they changed at the perfect time - the season after they started winning and captured the hearts of the fans. I don't know how long this change was in the works, but the timing (marketing wise) couldn't have been better. And if the Bills started winning, I don't think the town would ignore them just because the Sabres are winning, too.

Right now would actually be a very, very, good time for the Bills to change. Compared to a year ago, they're much more improved and there's actually some promise in the team for next year. Coming out with a new jersey design right now that people actually like would very likely generate a lot of sales....forget about making them look more like an NFL team and not a USFL team.

No logo on the sleeve or neckline or the word "BILLS" anywhere?!? I live out of state and to this day, people have no clue that I'm wearing a Bills jersey. I've had comments about Denver & New England but never Buffalo.

I have had my new Bills jersey mistaken as a New Engaland and Denver jersey as well...

Uniform-wise, this Super Bowl is the ultimate "old school" matchup: Bears vs. Colts. I don't think either team has ever changed their uniforms.

Actually, the "C" on the Bears helmet used to be white...I want to say they changed it to orange in the early 1970's...but, essentially, they have been the same for decades.

Actually, the "C" on the Bears helmet used to be white...I want to say they changed it to orange in the early 1970's...but, essentially, they have been the same for decades.

Yup, think it was 1973...or there-abouts....

They also added "GSH" to their sleeves and wear the blue pants on occasion...use to be all the time, since the early 1980s at least, with the road uniform, I've seen them wear the blue pants with the blue jerseys from time to time, like you know who, :blink: which also looks like crap-olla.

re: Bears-Colts history...

Here's a cool site with uniform histories for all NFL teams, with graphics dating back to 1959. Looks like the white "C" was added in '62, changed to orange in '74. (Good call, tex/Flanders.) Other than some minor stripe-tweaking and the GSH honorarium, the 1974 versions look exactly like what they'll be wearing a week from Sunday.

(Too bad the replicas don't cost what they did back then, though... :blink: )

Here's a cool site with uniform histories for all NFL teams, with graphics dating back to 1959. Looks like the white "C" was added in '62, changed to orange in '74. (Good call, tex/Flanders.) Other than some minor stripe-tweaking and the GSH honorarium, the 1974 versions look exactly like what they'll be wearing a week from Sunday.

(Too bad the replicas don't cost what they did back then, though... :blink: )

Wow, thanks for that link, I thought that site was dead and buried! Looks like a different URL than the one I remembered, somebody musta picked it up...

IMHO, the 1973 Bills threads were the best...ever!

Speaking of replicas, I remember in the late 60s, early 70s, Rawlings was the only licensed manufacturer of replica jerseys...you would often find the odd-number, but none with the name on the back. In the late 70s, I had a Terry Miller, number 40, blue jersey, again though, with no name on the back...had a Fergy 12 jersey also, no name (This was before the Kelly era). Forget trying to find a white jersey, unless you knew Eddie Abromoski (sp?).

Anywho, I don't think it was before about ten, twelve years ago you could actually get the names on the replica jerseys that you can buy now.

Nice avatar. That's my little girl's favorite show.

I switch it on when my nephew is over when my brother & s-i-l have AF Reserve weekend. I find that I enjoy these shows, too; waxed nostalgic when I found out that CBS brought back "Madeline" and NBC has "Babar" on Sat. mornings. The old school cartoons are the best. ... That avatar sig sure does have a double entendre thing going for it, tho. :thumbdown:

I hear you...I can't stand that combo on the Newer Uni's...Looks stupid... :)

That might have been a contribution from the JetBlue stewardess uniform designers. They were consulted during the redeign, and those are the two dominant colors for that airline. Maybe they would have worked together, but when you add 5 other colors into the fray, don't line things up and go absolutely schitzo with you team's identity ('We wanna look like the Patriots with the dark blue. No, like the Titans with the yoke! No, maybe we could add an underarm stripe thingy so we can be like the Broncos! Sweet!") it gets really ugly, really fast.

Maybe someone could pose a question on this subject to Chris Brown on BB.com?

(Too bad the replicas don't cost what they did back then, though... :thumbdown: )

Cool website. Of all the Bills unis past and present, I think I like the 1982 version best.

I've gotten used to the home uniforms, note I said used to, not fallen in love with. But the road whites, if they would just get rid of that blue shoulder area, make it white, I think they would look 90% better.

i'm with ya. get rid of the blue shoulder stripe, and change the light blue numbers to match the normal navy blue of our current unis. they wouldnt look as horrendous. But i am really starting to like the throwbacks more and more every time we wear them.