Does anyone here truly have inside knowledge

eball

The Bills have waited the requisite five years before changing uniforms again; does anybody know if there's a push to get rid of the current duds and either do a redesign or revert back to something we all knew and loved?

It'd be nice to go back to the light blue/standing buffalo uniforms...

Either that or the Blues of the 90's, possibly with the white helmet/new logo?

I like the 90's style with the white helmets but I would prefer the contemporary color scheme and or a compromise between the brighter blue from then and the darker blue from now.

If they haven't changed their uniforms in 5 years, I say keep them-they may cause an opposing QB to faint at the smell & they'll get an easy sack. Maybe that's why Schobel's sack total was enough to get him to the Pro Bowl. Imagine how many sacks he'll get this year wearing that uniform with one more year of sweat.

I don't think they have had any plans, or discussions on changing the uniforms again.

I've said it many times before (especially on the Sabres board) and I will say it again, I don't get the obsession of how the uniform looks with Buffalo fans. They are always complaining that the uniforms are horrible and the teams should redo them.

They aren't that bad and no one else cares what our uniform looks like, unlike what buffalo fans believe that other teams are making fun of the uniforms and don't take Buffalo seriously because of them.

I don't think they have had any plans, or discussions on changing the uniforms again.

I've said it many times before (especially on the Sabres board) and I will say it again, I don't get the obsession of how the uniform looks with Buffalo fans. They are always complaining that the uniforms are horrible and the teams should redo them.

They aren't that bad and no one else cares what our uniform looks like, unlike what buffalo fans believe that other teams are making fun of the uniforms and don't take Buffalo seriously because of them.

You don't know how wrong you are.

And the thing is, if they changed them to either the throwbacks or went back to the Super Bowl-era unis, about 90 percent of fans would be happy and we wouldn't have to talk about it ever again.

As it is, the team wears an amalgum of the Broncos/Titans/Patriots duds that maybe 20 percent of our fans like/put up with/don't care, and the rest of the league points and laughs like when the 'Felons wore all-orange and literally looked like inmates.

Teams change uniforms to sell merch. This would be a very, very bad time to switch uniforms because the team is not looking to be great, one of the reasons the Sabres just happened to change this season. Also, in Buffalo, fans are spending major money on Sabres' duds, so two new uniforms in one year might be a tough sell. When the team knows the want to have "a part of the team in highest," they will look to change. Also, look for a change when a truly great player comes around. For example, didn't they change when they made the Bledsoe trade? Not that he ended up being great... ugh.

Teams change uniforms to sell merch. This would be a very, very bad time to switch uniforms because the team is not looking to be great, one of the reasons the Sabres just happened to change this season. Also, in Buffalo, fans are spending major money on Sabres' duds, so two new uniforms in one year might be a tough sell. When the team knows the want to have "a part of the team in highest," they will look to change. Also, look for a change when a truly great player comes around. For example, didn't they change when they made the Bledsoe trade? Not that he ended up being great... ugh.

Those things all have nothing to do with why or when a team would make a change in its uniforms.

1) Sabres jerseys be damned. It's the NFL. They could put a piece of poo on the sleeves and people would buy them b/c they want to wear what the team wears. Changing would guarantee an increase in sales, even in the Buffalo/WNY region. The reason the league has the 5-year rule is to have at least a brief continuity so fans don't feel ripped off if the team changes every year... and many people have already bought the throwbacks.

2) "A team in the highest"? :blink: Like the Broncos, Bucs, Falcons, Titans, Rams, etc. all knew they were going to do super-well the year before they made the Super Bowls (that's when a simple 'we're making a change' statement needs to be given to the league)?

3) The change was in the works well before Bledsoe was fatefully sacked by Mo Lewis. Even if a team would wait.... We don't have any great players? No exciting players? No young players on the rise?

You don't know how wrong you are.

And the thing is, if they changed them to either the throwbacks or went back to the Super Bowl-era unis, about 90 percent of fans would be happy and we wouldn't have to talk about it ever again.

As it is, the team wears an amalgum of the Broncos/Titans/Patriots duds that maybe 20 percent of our fans like/put up with/don't care, and the rest of the league points and laughs like when the 'Felons wore all-orange and literally looked like inmates.

Yeah, I guess your right, you don't know how many times I have bet against the Broncos in a game just because they have ugly uniforms

or how I constantly laugh at the Browns and put Clevland the City down because the browns uniforms are horrible

Yeah, I guess your right, you don't know how many times I have bet against the Broncos in a game just because they have ugly uniforms

or how I constantly laugh at the Browns and put Clevland the City down because the browns uniforms are horrible

I love the Browns' unis. They are classic. You can set your watch to that sh--. They aren't purple. They don't have 17 colors. They don't have 'streaks' or wordmarks or signatures or swooshes or any of the buzzword bull sh--. They are simple and original. I'm glad tradition means something to somebody.

I love the Browns' unis. They are classic. You can set your watch to that sh--. They aren't purple. They don't have 17 colors. They don't have 'streaks' or wordmarks or signatures or swooshes or any of the buzzword bull sh--. They are simple and original. I'm glad tradition means something to somebody.

damn straight. Love the Browns', Colts', Jets', and Steelers' look. Identity through classic simplicity.

And let's not forget how the fans in San Diego (and nationwide) opened their wallets for the Powder Blue merch that resurfaced. If they were smart, they'd go there full time too.

Can't speak on inside knowledge, but there has not been a word publically about uniforms from the current administration. I would think if there was to be a change, that at least a request to the league would have had to happen already.

I'd be surprised if there was a change, this administration, at least publically, doesn't seem to care too much about uniforms.

It's a shame, too, because these outfits really are the suck.

They aren't that bad and no one else cares what our uniform looks like,

That's a bunch of hooey.....I moonlight at an out of state newspaper, in the sports dept.....guess what the "Buffalo" discussion" is 75% of the time.........the uniforms......and not initiated by me.

But I'll use your analogy........no one else talks about them....... :blink:;):(

Can't speak on inside knowledge, but there has not been a word publically about uniforms from the current administration. I would think if there was to be a change, that at least a request to the league would have had to happen already.

I'd be surprised if there was a change, this administration, at least publically, doesn't seem to care too much about uniforms.

It's a shame, too, because these outfits really are the suck.

Best days are the days when we see the Bills wear their throwback jerseys. OLD SCHOOL!

To me, the best version of the Bills uniforms is the ones they wore in the early 80's....right before the ugly red helmets...I love the white helmet, with the current logo...and the ligher blue. I think the currnet "throwbacks" are pretty cool, but too many rings on the sleeves....

For traditional uniforms, I think the Bears uniforms are pretty cool. For non-traditional, I go with the Redskins.

The only uniform change of the last 15-20 years that I think was an improvement, was the Rams, going from the "yellow gold" to the "gold" accents...very cool looking...