JP Losman

The improvement in leadership, gamesmanship, field presence, throwing accuracy, timing, judgement and confidence since last year cannot be denied. 

791665[/snapback]

Yes it can, and it will be.

The anti-Losman people in Buffalo and across the country made up their minds over 12 months ago.

The improvement in leadership, gamesmanship, field presence, throwing accuracy, timing, judgement and confidence since last year cannot be denied.  That was a good defense out there today that pressured him often.  If the improvement continues......

791665[/snapback]

I am a total Losman fan and I loved this game because he did pretty well. However, even I am going to hesitate to predict stardom. (Though crossing my fingers and hoping it works out)

Willis's Gamesmanship, on the other hand, has suffered mightily.  When the DE jumjped off sides and he stared down at thim and laughed, and along with him "shh"ing the guy he laid out on the block.

Go Bills... just Go Bills...

791675[/snapback]

Generally, I would agree with you, but when a RB totally destroys a Massive tackle like Willis did I think a little shhh is appropriate :doh:

One the offsides, I thought that was firggin hilarious. Also found it funny how JP just kinda looked at him like "gotcha" after he flailed his way into the backfield.

I am a total Losman fan and I loved this game because he did pretty well.  However, even I am going to hesitate to predict stardom.  (Though crossing my fingers and hoping it works out)

791681[/snapback]

Agree, I like the guy and I like the progression he's making along with the team, but I wouldn't call him a star yet.

So far so good.

While the Losman supporters...

791724[/snapback]

This is the problem right here. The Losman supporters ARE BILLS suppoters. He's the best QB on the roster right now.

It's the anti-Losman posters who are more interested in their OWN agenda than the team. Not that they aren't fans, but they care more about being right than the team's QB finding success.

This is the problem right here. The Losman supporters ARE BILLS suppoters. He's the best QB on the roster right now.

It's the anti-Losman posters who are more interested in their OWN agenda than the team. Not that they aren't fans, but they care more about being right than the team's QB finding success.

791730[/snapback]

Thank you.

That is the bottom line.

I back JP, not because I want him to do well, but because I want the Bills to do well.

791730[/snapback]

They also continue to change the parameters for their argument. He hasn't thrown for 200 yards...he hasn't thrown for 300 yards...he hasn't thrown for 300 yards and 2 TDs and gotten a W...he threw for 200 yards and a TD but also threw an INT and could have fumbled...and on and on.

Thank you.

That is the bottom line.

I back JP,  not because I want him to do well,  but because I want the Bills to do well.

791736[/snapback]

I back JP for both reasons.

Someone asked me this past week how the Bills were doing. I said they were 1-2 but this season (unlike last season) I really liked watching the team play because I liked the guys on the team and figured they'd at least be around .500. I really like all the young players on this team -- guys like Losman, Evans, Parrish, and the entire rookie lot.

It's like last year's Sabres. I felt like I was cheering for the uniforms (Buffalo) and the players too. It was an awesome group. It still is.

They also continue to change the parameters for their argument.  He hasn't thrown for 200 yards...he hasn't thrown for 300 yards...he hasn't thrown for 300 yards and 2 TDs and gotten a W...he threw for 200 yards and a TD but also threw an INT and could have fumbled...and on and on.

791747[/snapback]

Exactly. As I've said to those guys all along: Narrow, unenlightened self-interest does not impress me. Never will.

They want to be right -- and will stop at nothing, including manipulating every play, analysis, statistic and outcome until they are proven correct.

It would be more tolerable if they were at least made their attempts entertaining :doh:

The improvement in leadership, gamesmanship, field presence, throwing accuracy, timing, judgement and confidence since last year cannot be denied.  That was a good defense out there today that pressured him often.  If the improvement continues......

791665[/snapback]

Although noone can deny that JP made some good plays, one wonders if we are keeping a star on the bench. I seriously think we should give Craig Nall his first career start.

Signed

Holcomb's Arm

Although noone can deny that JP made some good plays, one wonders if we are keeping a star on the bench.  I seriously think we should give Craig Nall his first career start.

Signed

Holcomb's Arm

791786[/snapback]

The thing you don't realize is that the Bills actually LOST this game. You see, that TD pass to Peerless Price does not count, since it required him to run after the catch and as we all know, anything that a WR does after the catch does not count.

The kid is good, and I knew he would be.

791785[/snapback]

He can make all the plays, all of the throws, wind be damned. Forget this progress foolishness and just run your playbook, Mr. Fairchild. Fun times ahead.

Although noone can deny that JP made some good plays, one wonders if we are keeping a star on the bench.  I seriously think we should give Craig Nall his first career start.

Signed

Holcomb's Arm

791786[/snapback]

:doh:B-):lol:

The thing you don't realize is that the Bills actually LOST this game.  You see,  that TD pass to Peerless Price does not count,  since it required him to run after the catch and as we all know,  anything that a WR does after the catch does not count.

791799[/snapback]

LOL

The thing you don't realize is that the Bills actually LOST this game.  You see,  that TD pass to Peerless Price does not count,  since it required him to run after the catch and as we all know,  anything that a WR does after the catch does not count.

791799[/snapback]

you're right

silly me B-):doh:

Willis's Gamesmanship, on the other hand, has suffered mightily.  When the DE jumjped off sides and he stared down at thim and laughed, and along with him "shh"ing the guy he laid out on the block.

Go Bills... just Go Bills...

791675[/snapback]

Funny, I thought it was cool that he tried to help the guy up. Guess we all see different thing.

I am unwilling to declare stardom but I am very impressed with his play this year and he is getting better. Made only a handful of bad throws today, threw the ball away when needed, his completion percentage is good and overall I do not see how anyone can be unhappy with how he is progressing. The game has definately slowed down for him.

I am unwilling to declare stardom but I am very impressed with his play this year and he is getting better.  Made only a handful of bad throws today, threw the ball away when needed, his completion percentage is good and overall I do not see how anyone can be unhappy with how he is progressing.  The game has definately slowed down for him.

791818[/snapback]

Not decalring him a star yet, but he might be on his way.

I am fully on board. JP is the man, and he is "our guy!"

His improvement is unfounded. Good for him, and good for us!

The kid works his balls off to improve, buys a home downtown, and bleeds Bills....

He's our QB, and I'm lovin him more and more each week.

I am officially on board today.

Great coaching this season for him, and great effort by JP...

Bills are back on track bc of Marv.

Lock up Fletcher for 3+ yrs.

TKO is putting himself at risk not playing hurt. This admin will move on w/o him.

Peerless played great.

Josh Reed made 4 catches he wouldnt have made during the Donahoe era.

O line deserves credit where credit is due.

Willis made a great play on the TD he scored by stretching out.

Sabres RULE.

Buffalo's got a spitirt "talkin proud, talkin proud..."

I'm drunk, and happy.

GO BILLS!

I loved the way he played today. Confident, comfortable.

The one thing I see really missing right now is play action. Where's the play action?

I loved the way he played today. Confident, comfortable.

The one thing I see really missing right now is play action. Where's the play action?

791947[/snapback]

Play action, and corner post in the end-zone. We succeeded with the same 2-3 pass plays today. But I'd love to see the playbook opened up a bit.

791730[/snapback]

Guess what?

You just did the same exact thing you were accusing me of in your own damn post. <_< The JP critics ARE BILLS supporters are much as JP supporters are. Ask Holcomb's Arm if he'd, above all else, want to see the Bills have success, and he'd agree with that statement.

You know the reason why we use those two terms? Because some people are overly pro-JP, and some people are overly anti-JP.

The only reason why I used it was to say that the JP "supporters" are over-enthusiastic about his early success, and the JP critics are overly negative about this season's games.

A more appropriate term would be JP-enthusiast, but I haven't really seen that term used at all on this board.

This was by far the best game the Bills have played, mostly because they won it, and they didn't lose it, which are clearly two differnet things.

The defense, overall, was terrific. I am really liking Fewell and Fairchild. I do not understand, whatsoever, people who do not like Losman is doing.

Guess what?

You just did the same exact thing you were accusing me of in your own damn post.  <_< The JP critics ARE BILLS supporters are much as JP supporters are.  Ask Holcomb's Arm if he'd, above all else, want to see the Bills have success, and he'd agree with that statement.

You know the reason why we use those two terms?  Because some people are overly pro-JP, and some people are overly anti-JP.

The only reason why I used it was to say that the JP "supporters" are over-enthusiastic about his early success, and the JP critics are overly negative about this season's games.

A more appropriate term would be JP-enthusiast, but I haven't really seen that term used at all on this board.

791964[/snapback]

Speaking of being a enthusiast of a QB, catch Vince Young today?

Wow.

3 turnovers, less than 50% of passes completed.

In general, he looked pretty lost.

Thank god we didn't draft him, he looked like a bust out there. (it's easy to tell, even after 1 game, just ask deluca and JDG)

Also, the part of your post I bolded is pretty interesting.

Holcombs Arm might deny it now, but I'm pretty sure Ramius busted him during the offseason. The impression given was that HA would rather lose with Losman, then win with him.

If Losman plays 12 more games like he played the first 4, the Bills should hang around .500, and possibly linger on the fringe of the playoff chase. As a result, the Bills will be able to enter the offseason KNOWING that the quarterback situation is settled for the near future, and they can concentrate on adding the missing pieces to make this team a top-5 contender. That will be HUGE for a team that has had offseason QB questions since 1996.

Continue to expect the incredible flashes of talent from JP, but remember this thread when he makes some mistakes. Because he most certainly will. All I know is, after watching two straight weeks of Chad Pennington and Brad Johnson (two very successful but very conservative QBs) I am EXTREMELY happy that we have Losman.

This was by far the best game the Bills have played, mostly because they won

791975[/snapback]

And they were life and death to win it. The J.P. "game management" era is going to wear me out.

They are playing road games at home.

I am fully on board. JP is the man, and he is "our guy!"

His improvement is unfounded. Good for him, and good for us!

The kid works his balls off to improve, buys a home downtown, and bleeds Bills....

He's our QB, and I'm lovin him more and more each week.

I am officially on board today.

Great coaching this season for him, and great effort by JP...

Bills are back on track bc of Marv.

Lock up Fletcher for 3+ yrs.

TKO is putting himself at risk not playing hurt. This admin will move on w/o him.

Peerless played great.

Josh Reed made 4 catches he wouldnt have made during the Donahoe era.

O line deserves credit where credit is due.

Willis made a great play on the TD he scored by stretching out.

Sabres RULE.

Buffalo's got a spitirt "talkin proud, talkin proud..."

I'm drunk, and happy.

GO BILLS!

791843[/snapback]

Gotta love the enthusiasm but we don't require double spacing when posting here. We're not writing college term papers here.