Who will be the new scapegoats?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you didn't list Pucillo.

I do think that people are inherently optimistic or pessimistic, but that bitc#ing and moaning is addictive when you give in to it. I get your point and think that "fan" personalities will cause a new whipping boy to emerge, when the player would have been forgiven in a couple weeks if Pucillo (*or insert your pick here*) was still on the team.

My guesses for this year's target:

Daimon Shelton, if he makes the team (I thought he did great in 2004, but was on my s#it list last year)

Jauron - If we lose games by less than a touchdown it will be a distinct improvement from last year, but the close ones always inspire more second-guessing

Fewell - see above

Whoever is the 2nd running back this year: probably A. Thomas or S. Williams.

...and unfortuantely, the obvious choice is Mr. Losman.

Here we go again. The "your not a Bills fan", talk whenever someone doesn't like what what another member posts. You're taking this post out of context. Is it NOT true that these guys were crucified by Bills' fans. Or did I make all this crap up? I suppose you love all the guys that wear the red, white and blue? I'd love to see your Chris Watson jersey.

I'm not a Bills fan, you say? Then what have I been doing all these years watching these guys? It must be I love watching a winner. Feeling that nasty pain when they lose and rejoicing even more when they win.

737915[/snapback]

I will never understand the mentality of a person who claims to "enjoy" rooting for a favorite team yet consistently looks for only the negative in any decision management makes or the team's play on the field.

Like it or not, asking the question "who will be the next scapegoat" falls into that category. Deal with it.

TSW is unfortunately filled with this sort of "fan." I just don't get it. These people are not Bills' fans, they are Bills' criticizers.

I do root for the laundry. I may not like everyone on the team or agree with the decisions of management and coaches, but I'm always hoping for the best. I don't have to be a "realist" when it comes to sports -- that's no fun. The day the Bills win the Super Bowl, followed by the day the Sabres win the Stanley Cup, will be the two most satisfying sports moments of my life because I'll know that I SUPPORTED my teams through thick and thin.

I will never understand the mentality of a person who claims to "enjoy" rooting for a favorite team yet consistently looks for only the negative in any decision management makes or the team's play on the field.

Like it or not, asking the question "who will be the next scapegoat" falls into that category.  Deal with it.

TSW is unfortunately filled with this sort of "fan."  I just don't get it.  These people are not Bills' fans, they are Bills' criticizers.

I do root for the laundry.  I may not like everyone on the team or agree with the decisions of management and coaches, but I'm always hoping for the best.  I don't have to be a "realist" when it comes to sports -- that's no fun.  The day the Bills win the Super Bowl, followed by the day the Sabres win the Stanley Cup, will be the two most satisfying sports moments of my life because I'll know that I SUPPORTED my teams through thick and thin.

738458[/snapback]

I'm not a Bills fan??????? I'm a criticizer of the Bills???? Really????? Please tell me more about myself, you seem to know so much about what it is to be a fan! When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

MY NEW FALL-GUYS:

LINDELL -- He will shank a few in the 4th quarter for the the loss...

FAIRCHILD -- He will pass on 3rd and goal and have it picked off...

738157[/snapback]

still stuck in 04 dumbass? Lindell looked pretty goos last year, and was good from beyond 50.

and since when is fairchild a guaranteed pass on 3rd on goal? 1st off, where are they on 3rd and goal? a 3rd down pass isnt uncommon. Also, if you look at last season, when fairchild took over the rams playcalling, steven jacksons carries per game went from about 15 to 20+. I guess that was because fairchild loves to pass pass and pass some more :angry:

At least you got all your spelling correct this time. congrats!

still stuck in 04 dumbass? Lindell looked pretty goos last year, and was good from beyond 50.

and since when is fairchild a guaranteed pass on 3rd on goal? 1st off, where are they on 3rd and goal? a 3rd down pass isnt  uncommon. Also, if you look at last season, when fairchild took over the rams playcalling, steven jacksons carries per game went from about 15 to 20+. I guess that was because fairchild loves to pass pass and pass some more :angry:

738482[/snapback]

Wow, this is a little harsh don't you think?

TSW is unfortunately filled with this sort of "fan."  I just don't get it.  These people are not Bills' fans, they are Bills' criticizers.

738458[/snapback]

Think of your criticism of TBD in the same light. Do you still consider yourself a "fan" of the forum, even though you criticize it and put it in a negative light?

The Bills have caused their fans a lot of heartache over the years and everybody deals with it differently. I choose to stay positive, but I can't blame fans that have been turned to the "dark side."

Who will unfairly be the scapegoat?

Who know's and I really do not care as some folks are entertained most by this game by choosing someone to rant and rave about. Selection of this target is not often based on football or even nornal folk logic so its hard to guess.

The real case here is that if the buck truly stops with anyone who deserves to be blamed for the failings of the team it is with Ralph no ifs, and s or buts about it.

This is not to say that he is a bad football guy or a horrible person.

On the contrary, WNY owes him a debt it cannot really repay for his sending a few bucks our way and helping make Buffalo a major league town even when its economy was and continues more slowly but still relenetlessly do the tubes as the rich guys who built this area have taken a lot of profit from the natural resources of this area and either dies of old age or flew the coop for cheaper economic climes for profit taking in the developing world.

Ralph certainly deserves our thanks for what the Bills have brought to this area, but he also deserves the blame for being in charge of a franchise that has repeatedly made a bunch of bad football decisions.

These date back to and are highlighted by:

1. Ralph badly assessing how long Jimbo would remain a productive NFL player,

2. misreading Butler's football plans,

3. and then leaping to fill the void left by hismisreading the Butler situation and then hiring TD who is a very qualified football mind, but was more driven by making sure he was never again fired by an HC he hired than taking the risks necessary to go deep (or even into) the playoffs in the NFL.

and since when is fairchild a guaranteed pass on 3rd on goal? 1st off, where are they on 3rd and goal? a 3rd down pass isnt  uncommon. Also, if you look at last season, when fairchild took over the rams playcalling, steven jacksons carries per game went from about 15 to 20+. I guess that was because fairchild loves to pass pass and pass some more :angry:

738482[/snapback]

:doh:

I'm not a Bills fan??????? I'm a criticizer of the Bills???? Really????? Please tell me more about myself, you seem to know so much about what it is to be a fan! When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

738475[/snapback]

Not to worry. Sadly, he (and he is not alone) is trying to dominate the board, and set a tone where questiong/criticism/disagreement with the party line is not allowed.

This board would suck if everybody toed the party line. In reality, the fact that we can discuss Bills issues and disagree is one of the things that makes TBD the best site on the web.

Not to worry. Sadly, he (and he is not alone) is trying to dominate the board, and set a tone where questiong/criticism/disagreement with the party line is not allowed.

This board would suck if everybody toed the party line. In reality, the fact that we can discuss issues Bills issues and disagree is one of the things that makes TBD the best site on the web.

738500[/snapback]

Bill, sadly, you and others miss my point, or you would note that I have criticized decisions by Bills' management and the team's play on the field on many occasions.

There's a difference between discussion and downright negativism. Fortunately, although I do share my opinion on TSW, I don't honestly care if anyone sides with me or not. I have a hell of a good time rooting for and watching my Bills, even when they cause me heartache. TSW occasionally provides me with solid information about the Bills (i.e., camp reports), and a good bit of entertainment and humor. There's a little bit of solid football strategy talk, which I enjoy as well. As for the other stuff, I'll continue to interject when I find myself in the midst of yet another negative ninnie thread. Take my comments for what they're worth, which ain't much.

Trey Teague, Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson, Jeff Posey, Ruben Brown, Parker, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, that Watson guy at CB, Eddie Robinson and Lonnie Johnson. Even coaches such as Ronnie Vinklarik, Joe Pendry, Sheppard, Carl Mauck, Kevin Gilbride, Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams, Jerry Gray, Ronnie Jones, Wade Phillips and Tom Clements. I'm sure that I have forgotten a few.These guys were the punching bags for all us Bills fans over the last few years.  Our "fall guys", so to speak.

GM's, such as TD and Butler also fell prey to all types of scrutiny, blame and everything in between. 

I was wondering. Who will be the next bunch of guys that will be put to the cross? Many names come to mind. JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Rian Lindell, Mike Gandy, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Josh Reed, Willis McGahee, Nate Clements, Troy Vincent, Tim Anderson and Coy Wire are the most likely. Brace yourself guys. Play well. The fans' wrath and venom will be coming to you real soon if you don't perform well.

737898[/snapback]

Honestly, I really don't think that Jim Leonhard takes enough flack for the past and present failures in Buffalo.

Trey Teague, Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson, Jeff Posey, Ruben Brown, Parker, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, that Watson guy at CB, Eddie Robinson and Lonnie Johnson. Even coaches such as Ronnie Vinklarik, Joe Pendry, Sheppard, Carl Mauck, Kevin Gilbride, Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams, Jerry Gray, Ronnie Jones, Wade Phillips and Tom Clements. I'm sure that I have forgotten a few.These guys were the punching bags for all us Bills fans over the last few years.  Our "fall guys", so to speak.

GM's, such as TD and Butler also fell prey to all types of scrutiny, blame and everything in between. 

I was wondering. Who will be the next bunch of guys that will be put to the cross? Many names come to mind. JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Rian Lindell, Mike Gandy, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Josh Reed, Willis McGahee, Nate Clements, Troy Vincent, Tim Anderson and Coy Wire are the most likely. Brace yourself guys. Play well. The fans' wrath and venom will be coming to you real soon if you don't perform well.

737898[/snapback]

LevysEraII is my scapegoat! :angry:

This board would suck if everybody toed the party line. In reality, the fact that we can discuss issues Bills issues and disagree is one of the things that makes TBD the best site on the web.

738500[/snapback]

Amen. No matter what anybody posts here, come the regular season everybody wants to see the Bills win.

Amen.  No matter what anybody posts here, come the regular season everybody wants to see the Bills win.

738605[/snapback]

Except they won't be happy unless The Bills win in a dominant fashion every week. One, two or three point victories will be viewed as shoulda/woulda/coulda been losses. We could go 12-4 and people would be bitchin that we're not covering the spread. (from my lips to God's ears!)