Bills sign OG Tutan Reyes

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill admit i had never heard of this guy.

his stats say he started every game last season, and 12 of 14 games the year before that.

carolina had a good o-line last year, but if all we can go on is starts, it can be decieving.

starting every game doesnt mean hes good, just good enough. but i like that we are still signing lineman. B-)

ill admit i had never heard of this guy.

his stats say he started every game last season, and 12 of 14 games the year before that.

carolina had a good o-line last year, but if all we can go on is starts, it can be decieving.

starting every game doesnt mean hes good, just good enough. but i like that we are still signing lineman.  B-)

672204[/snapback]

His snap stats also say he's only given up 4.5 sacks and taken 6.0 penalties in 31 games in the NFL. My only concern is no playing time in 2000 (his rookie year) and 2002 and 2003.

When you click for the blurb on buffalobills.com, does anyone else read the last link on the blue banner to read "ASS FEEDS"?  :huh:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3733

672209[/snapback]

Yeah they really need to adjust that as I misread it as that as well.

Obviously I am pleased by the signing, and it addresses the need at OG, but it does not fill it.

Because CV is old and so brittle, and Bennie is fat and so bad, there is certainly a pressing need for another young, quality OG. I truly hope that we draft one on Saturday.

In both 04 and 05 we signed mid-tier UFA OGs. It wasn't enough then, and it isn't enough now.

Obviously I am pleased by the signing, and it addresses the need at OG, but it does not fill it.

Because CV is old and so brittle, and Bennie is fat and so bad, there is certainly a pressing need for another young, quality OG. I truly hope that we draft one on Saturday.

In both 04 and 05 we signed mid-tier UFA OGs. It wasn't enough then, and it isn't enough now.

672223[/snapback]

I still think Bennie will be here as a backup, but this takes some of the pressure off the Bills having to use a high pick at that position. The will take another OG, but they now don't have to feel like they absolutely have to get one, even if its a reach, they can find a good one anywhere in the draft now

672223[/snapback]

Gotta admit though.....When you combine the facts that:

- Teague was released (addition by subtraction)

- Aquisition of Melvin Fowler (who I think did an outstanding job last year)

- Addition of Tuten Reyes

They have made the attempt to address the line that we asked for. What I would like to see out of the draft now is a utility OL (in possibly the 3rd round) that can back up at both the T and G positions.....Duke will back up Fowler.

I still think Bennie will be here as a backup, but this takes some of the pressure off the Bills having to use a high pick at that position. The will take another OG, but they now don't have to feel like they absolutely have to get one, even if its a reach, they can find a good one anywhere in the draft now

672238[/snapback]

good point it takes some pressure off of the brain trust and it will free up a pick for a decent secondary guy. After we take AJ Hawk first of course. B-)

are you joking?

On the BUFFALO BILLS o-line, a former starter for Carolina is a backup????

yuuu funnneeee

672182[/snapback]

Well, what I meant was, we still need to draft two guards, imo. I still hope to never see a Bills line with Reyes starting.

Before someone question why Panthers let Reyes go:

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

REYES RESEARCH: Some blog followers have been asking so I did some homework as to why the Carolina Panthers aren’t interested in re-signing Tutan Reyes who made a free agent visit with the Bills Tuesday.

Talking to some people familiar with the offensive line situation down there, the Panthers coaching staff believes that second-year guard Evan Mathis is ready to take over.

Apparently the coaching staff was thinking about making the move and insert Mathis into the starting lineup at midseason last year in place of Reyes, but the team was playing well and winning so they elected not to do so.

It’s been explained to me that the Panthers liked Reyes and thought he was decent last season. They just believe he’s reached his ceiling as a player while there is considerable upside in their minds with Mathis their third round pick last year out of Alabama.

In other words, they have someone better (they believe) waiting in the wings, thats why he wasn't resigned

I think you now add in the fact that there is a new coaching staff, some young blood waiting to start (Duke) and some new FA's, this line could already be much better.

Also take into account a QB that earned his spot at starter and (hopefully) players wanting to play for their coach and QB and not quit on them, this offence is a huge improvement over last years

Well, what I meant was, we still need to draft two guards, imo.  I still hope to never see a Bills line with Reyes starting.

672246[/snapback]

I do. You must not have watched much football last year. He started everygame for a great running attack. This is a guy that will seal that guard spot right away.

Before someone question why Panthers let Reyes go:

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

REYES RESEARCH: Some blog followers have been asking so I did some homework as to why the Carolina Panthers aren’t interested in re-signing Tutan Reyes who made a free agent visit with the Bills Tuesday.

Talking to some people familiar with the offensive line situation down there, the Panthers coaching staff believes that second-year guard Evan Mathis is ready to take over.

Apparently the coaching staff was thinking about making the move and insert Mathis into the starting lineup at midseason last year in place of Reyes, but the team was playing well and winning so they elected not to do so.

It’s been explained to me that the Panthers liked Reyes and thought he was decent last season. They just believe he’s reached his ceiling as a player while there is considerable upside in their minds with Mathis their third round pick last year out of Alabama.

672247[/snapback]

Carolina also signed a couple of free agents so Reyes became expendable.

Well, what I meant was, we still need to draft two guards, imo.  I still hope to never see a Bills line with Reyes starting.

672246[/snapback]

The key is competition on the field. I would love to see Reyes start (or Holcomg, or JP, or Nall, or even Ochs) if they win the job on the field.

I don't care which players play as long as they produce for the Bills. The one thing I do not want to see ever again is a player being given the job off the field like JP or RJ were by someone (be it TD or the whines of fans) being dealock sure about who they think is good or who they think is bad.

its realy these judgments that have killed the Bills.