Bills sign OG Tutan Reyes

I'll go ahead and answer my own question since you idiots won't be able to figure out.  He's not that good.  With very few exceptions, good free agents get signed early.

If he ends up being a good starter for us, then by all means, call me out on it.  LOL.  What a bunch of ridiculous pu$$ies you guys are.  I'll stop being "mean" to Reyes now.

672322[/snapback]

Others are "idiots" and "pussies" on a football board.

Way cool.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster has never been their primary running back, they run by commitee down here and Davis was always the number one guy. Since the Superbowl they have been on the decline.

Davis' career ended after their SB appearance. And if Foster was never their #1, how can you impugn Reyes as being the reason for the poor rushing attack? Maybe it's the fact that Davis is no longer a great RB?

Okay Ozzy, I looked at the gamebook of the Carolina-Seattle game.  Here's what I found of the Panthers' running game, by direction and yards (and Goings was the RB for most of the carries, with Jamal Robertson for the last few):

Left: 0, 15 (during their final drive, in garbage time)

Center: 2, -2, 0

Right: 2, 0, 2, 2

So basically it was 1-0 going left, 3-0 going up the middle, and 4-6 going right.  Not really a great effort ACROSS the line, meaning you'd have to impugn the excellent Mike Wahle who played LG.

And the LDT, who would line up across mostly from Reyes at RG, was Chartic Darby, who registered TWO assisted tackles and that's it.  By comparison, Rocky Bernard, who played RDT and went against Wahle, had 2 sacks.

672334[/snapback]

Are you seriously trying to use these stats to decipher what happened in a game that you can't recall? Here, let me help you since I watched the game with my own two eyes. First of all, Seattle uses a DT rotation, which renders your individual stats meaningless, and second of all, Seattle flip-flops their tackles like most teams will do depending on formation. So yes, Bernard did go head to head with Reyes. On one particular play, I saw Bernard blow by Reyes like he was a turnstile, get held from behind by Reyes and STILL get to Delhomme. Great play by Bernard, but still very poor blocking by Reyes. The entire Panthers line sucked but I don't see how that excuses Reyes.

Are you seriously trying to use these stats to decipher what happened in a game that you can't recall?  Here, let me help you since I watched the game with my own two eyes.  First of all, Seattle uses a DT rotation, which renders your individual stats meaningless, and second of all, Seattle flip-flops their tackles like most teams will do depending on formation.  So yes, Bernard did go head to head with Reyes.  On one particular play, I saw Bernard blow by Reyes like he was a turnstile, get held from behind by Reyes and STILL get to Delhomme.  Great play by Bernard, but still very poor blocking by Reyes.  The entire Panthers line sucked but I don't see how that excuses Reyes.

672347[/snapback]

Great analysis....................... not bad for an analysis based mainly on one play of a game against the NFC champion. B-)

Are you seriously trying to use these stats to decipher what happened in a game that you can't recall?  Here, let me help you since I watched the game with my own two eyes.  First of all, Seattle uses a DT rotation, which renders your individual stats meaningless, and second of all, Seattle flip-flops their tackles like most teams will do depending on formation.  So yes, Bernard did go head to head with Reyes.  On one particular play, I saw Bernard blow by Reyes like he was a turnstile, get held from behind by Reyes and STILL get to Delhomme.  Great play by Bernard, but still very poor blocking by Reyes.  The entire Panthers line sucked but I don't see how that excuses Reyes.

Well YES I'd say that using the lousy OVERALL running stats of the Panthers tells you what happened in the game. The Panthers couldn't run at the Seahawks from ANY side and Jamal Robertson was their leading rusher with 4 carries for 19 yards, with 15 of them coming on one play in garbage time. Now while you're right that it doesn't excuse Reyes, it also doesn't implicate him as being the only bad player that day. Wahle was their best O-lineman, yet they couldn't, or DIDN'T, run to the left side much.

And what about his work in the Divisional game against the Bears and their #1 (Y/P and scoring) ranked defense, in Chicago? Cherry-picking doesn't exactly make a great argument.

Great analysis....................... not bad for an analysis based mainly on one play of a game against the NFC champion.  B-)

672350[/snapback]

He was beaten repeatedly in that game, not just on that one play, and not just by Bernard. If I cared enough, I could go back and do a play-by-play. I'm not saying my analysis is great but at least I've provided SOME analysis. A lot of people seem to think he's great because... well, I dunno.. He played on a line that was able to run-block well every now and then? Instead of expecting me to provide a 10-pg scouting report, how about someone, anyone, provide ANYTHING specific about Reyes that you like? I'm talking about actual performance in an actual game against an actual opponent.

Even if someone can't step up to the challenge, it doesn't matter. Look, this is a forum for opinions. I gave mine and a lot of people don't like it and reacted strongly. So I countered back strongly. In the end, we're all Bills fans (I hope) and we'll let this be settled on the field. Peace, bros.

You still use only one game to evaluate a player, and on that game, the whole team didn't play well.

672359[/snapback]

The whole team not playing well doesn't excuse him. Plus, I said he was the worst culprit along the line in that game, and I stand by it.

As for using one game to evaluate him, no I've used a bunch of games in which I've seen him play to arrive at my conclusion that he provides good depth, nothing more, while citing one notable example, that being the Seattle game. Your threshold of evidence is much higher for me than for anyone else, it seems. I'll provide that 10-pg report on him once someone who likes him does the same.

In the end, why does it matter? I have an opinion and I could be wrong but I'm allowed to express it even if it's not 100% positive of a player. We'll just have to see.

He was a UFA, not a RFA correct?

672364[/snapback]

Yes, tgreg.. no take-backs! B-)
The Bills today announced that the team has signed unrestricted free agent OL Tutan Reyes. In accordance with club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

This is the thing.....

We as fans just need to understand that for the contract Tuten is probably going to get he will probably end up being a good deal for us because he is a experienced starting guard who frankly....doesn't suck.

The player that we have in that LG position now DOES suck....

If the bills also use a high pick to draft another guard and they have a competition...all the better....but MAYBE...just maybe this signing allows the bills to be "ok or better" at that position and allows us to address another area were we flat out SUCK

Its called team balance......

i haven't read the entire thread, but i think this is a poor signing. why would they sign Reyes now?

why not wait until after Day 1 of the draft just to see how the draft unfolds?

makes no sense to me.

i haven't read the entire thread, but i think this is a poor signing.  why would they sign Reyes now?

why not wait until after Day 1 of the draft just to see how the draft unfolds?

makes no sense to me.

672385[/snapback]

Makes a lot of sense to me. He makes the team stronger. He is better than what we have. If in the latter part of the first or second round we are torn between an OG and a DT who are rated equally, we can afford to take the DT (or other position). Right now, Reyes either gives us a decent starter or an excellent back-up if we draft a stud. There is nothing wrong with this signing, especially since we have the money, and we need a lot of help.

Makes a lot of sense to me. He makes the team stronger. He is better than what we have. If in the latter part of the first or second round we are torn between an OG and a DT who are rated equally, we can afford to take the DT (or other position). Right now, Reyes either gives us a decent starter or an excellent back-up if we draft a stud. There is nothing wrong with this signing, especially since we have the money, and we need a lot of help.

672387[/snapback]

still makes no sense....they can't wait 4 days??????

still makes no sense....they can't wait 4 days??????

672388[/snapback]

And what if the other teams with O-Line problems cant fill their needs during the draft? They'll turn to Reyes, who looks to me like the best available OG left on the market. And we'd be left without ANY improvements at all.

Best to get him now, I still think the Bills draft a guard in Round Two, even with Reyes on board.