Bills To Bring In Another WR?

I think the larger point is that these "skill" position players aren't very skillful in their own right.  If he added talent with them the glass would be half full.  As it is now, the glass is empty, my oreo is sitting at the bottom and my hand is too big to get it out.  :angry:

654898[/snapback]

Yup there are those who would sit at the table and cross their arms angrily because their Oreo is stuck at the bottom of the glass and there are those who would go get a spoon out of the kitchen and scoop it out... :(

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peerless Price (Everyone cross your fingers...hilarity might ensue)

654822[/snapback]

Am I only one who thinks that PP may not be a bad addition ? Yes he really sucked after leaving Buffalo with EM on the other side. But if LE really takes on the #1 role, PP may shine yet again. If he is still out there, vet minimum may be enough to get him. Let camp decide which of the receivers gets canned.

Are the Packers still shopping Javon Walker?

654932[/snapback]

If not we could also inquire about Charles Rodgers but the best trade might be for Bryant Johnson of the Cardinals. As stuck behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in Arizona.

Look at all the receivers TD took early in the draft: Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Lee Evans, and Roscoe Parrish. Maybe someone from that group besides Lee Evans could step up and be the #2 guy. But even if no one can, I'm still not in favor of using a first-day pick on a WR. The lines are a bigger need, and anyway this draft isn't strong at WR. I'd rather have an above-average offensive line and a below-average receiving corps, than the reverse.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3702

Roscoe Parrish are better fits as inside receivers and likely won't factor into a competition.

654822[/snapback]

I'm not sure where this conclusion came from. Parrish has not yet displayed the vet discipline needed to run precise routes needed for the inside game. While there are no indication of a case of the droppsies, he also has not shown the outstanding hands that are useful for a WR who braves the middle of the field.

With the speed and explosiveness he has shown he seems to be a better fit for an ouside receiver who specializes in the fly pattern and the main reason this would not be my first thought for using him is that this also describes the best fit and use of Lee Evans.

If you do not want to take this fans word as an indicator that Parrish is actually our lead candidate to inherit (I hope take) the #2 WR role then simply check the Bills depth chart which lists Parrish over Aiken as our current starting #2 WR.

Look at all the receivers TD took early in the draft: Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Lee Evans, and Roscoe Parrish.  Maybe someone from that group besides Lee Evans could step up and be the #2 guy.  But even if no one can, I'm still not in favor of using a first-day pick on a WR.  The lines are a bigger need, and anyway this draft isn't strong at WR. I'd rather have an above-average offensive line and a below-average receiving corps, than the reverse.

655037[/snapback]

FYI Sam Aiken was taken at the end of the 4th round. hardly an early pick.

I like kevin Johnson he had some good years with the browns. Peerless has an eye injury, or some medical issues with his eyes. Dez White is a physical WR, I believe he played for Dick, and our coach when he was with the bears.

Is david boston still availible?

I like jason Avant in this years draft, I think he compares well to Boldin, great hands very physical, and runs great routes. just ignore his 40 time, like the Cards did with Boldin and get him with the last of of our 3s or 4

I think the larger point is that these "skill" position players aren't very skillful in their own right.  If he added talent with them the glass would be half full.  As it is now, the glass is empty, my oreo is sitting at the bottom and my hand is too big to get it out. :)

654898[/snapback]

I was with you until that part of the statement. Referring to yourself as too big just doesn't work Scott. :P

I was with you until that part of the statement.  Referring to yourself as too big just doesn't work Scott.  :)

655151[/snapback]

Well, not everyone can use a spoon and a meatball to catapult themsleves onto a straw and slide down into the glass to finish that cookie... :P

I think the larger point is that these "skill" position players aren't very skillful in their own right.  If he added talent with them the glass would be half full.  As it is now, the glass is empty, my oreo is sitting at the bottom and my hand is too big to get it out.  :)

654898[/snapback]

You'll be happy to know that Kraft is solving your problem. See, the Bills aren't doomed after all. :P

Are the Packers still shopping Javon Walker?

654932[/snapback]

Never was a big JW fan but I thought they wanted a 5th rd pick for him. Keep the pick from Houston and trade our 5th round pick to GBay. We saved over 5 mil in cap space when we dealt Moulds, work out a 4 or 5 yr deal with Walker. If that happens we traded Moulds for Walker and moved up 7 spots in rd five.