Bills To Bring In Another WR?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never was a big JW fan but I thought they wanted a 5th rd pick for him. Keep the pick from Houston and trade our 5th round pick to GBay. We saved over 5 mil in cap space when we dealt Moulds, work out a 4 or 5 yr deal with Walker. If that happens we traded Moulds for Walker and moved up 7 spots in rd five.

655262[/snapback]

Not a bad idea.

Never was a big JW fan but I thought they wanted a 5th rd pick for him. Keep the pick from Houston and trade our 5th round pick to GBay. We saved over 5 mil in cap space when we dealt Moulds, work out a 4 or 5 yr deal with Walker. If that happens we traded Moulds for Walker and moved up 7 spots in rd five.

655262[/snapback]

I'm not sure what (besides his injury) there wasn't to like about Jevon Walker. He is the best wide receiver the Packers have had since Favre is there. He is a stud...the other guys they have had, have mostly been decent, but not game breakers.

That being said, injury and all, I think the Packers could likely get more for him than a mere fifth round pick. Maybe a 3rd or 4th. He is young.

If he's avaialable at #8 and a New WR is not found yet, I think this could mean Marv gives serious thought to getting VD (Vernon Davis)

655263[/snapback]

As much as I'd love that the lines have been too neglected.

655373[/snapback]

\

I dont mind, if we stay at 8 we should grab the best player. I dont really care who it is. As far as a reciever goes I like aboshamnu or however you spell it. The kid is big and fast.

Am I only one who thinks that PP may not be a bad addition ? Yes he really sucked after leaving Buffalo with EM on the other side. But if LE really takes on the #1 role, PP may shine yet again. If he is still out there, vet minimum may be enough to get him. Let camp decide which of the receivers gets canned.

654965[/snapback]

I thought he was having some medical problems with his vision, which is one reason his production tailed off so badly. I feel sorry for him, but if that is true, he's really not even worth the vet minimum ....

I thought he was having some medical problems with his vision, which is one reason his production tailed off so badly.  I feel sorry for him, but if that is true, he's really not even worth the vet minimum ....

655591[/snapback]

I did not know that. With all the vision correcting procedures now available, I wonder what it is that cannot be cured.

655373[/snapback]

The two linemen who deserve to be in the top eight are Ferguson and Mario Williams. I don't think either will fall to Buffalo, though either would be a very good choice if they did. The lines can be addressed in rounds 2 - 4.

During his five years in Buffalo, TD used just two picks in rounds 2 - 4 on offensive linemen: Jennings and Preston. Three WRs were taken in those rounds under TD during the same time frame, despite the presence of Moulds, the first round pick used on Evans, and the fact that there are 2.5 times as many offensive linemen on the field as there are receivers. The point I'm getting at here is that we as Bills fans aren't used to a GM who builds an offensive line the way he's supposed to. If Marv takes a different course than TD by using more of those round 2 - 4 picks on OL, the Bills will be better able to take advantage of a guy like Davis. With an elite TE, the defense really has to double cover him, so you're looking at one of your guys being worth two of theirs. Not bad at all.