Marv Ends Losman Trade Talk

Let me play devils advocate here.

He was kind of weak on his wording of the subject.

Almost like a politician would word it so that if a trade does come down the line he can say "I never said I wouldn't consider any offers or that we didn't want any offers, only that there was no substance to the rumor, and that no one had made an offer yet." Why didn't he just say "We not interested in a trade, end of story" :rolleyes:

OK I don't really believe that, and I do think JP is genuinely in the Bills plans, but I just wanted to beat the Marv Bashers to the punch. ;)

If Quinn has a good year he'll be a top 5 pick.

653430[/snapback]

If our current trio plays up to their past level, we will be right in line to get Quin! I love the draft!:rolleyes:

I am completely kidding of course...JP will get the job done...something has to go right for the Bills sometime! Incidently, I was hoping Marv would have done this weeks ago...better late than never...I really do like Losman, but sometimes his bravado comes off a little forced, like he is trying to convince himself that he can get the job done...I am not sure about Turk Schonert, but I think JP will do well in a QB friendly offense, like they ran in St Louis, if that is, indeed, what they are going to go with. Once he learns to calm down, and control his short passes (and assuming Everett and McGahee can catch) I think JP will be a different QB!

Or maybe if Vince Young drops to us at 8.

653478[/snapback]

I'm actually hoping that Vince Young falls to us...but not for us to take. I guarantee that if he falls to 8, Minnesota will panic and trade up for him so teams like Arizona, Baltimore, Denver or Miami dont get a crack at him.

I'd take their first and second rounder (for those trade value chart lovers out there, that would be us giving up 1400 and them giving up 1370...pretty damn close).

That'll give us the 17th and 48th overall selections and even more options to beef up our O-Line and D-Line in the draft.

Eli Manning has thrown 30 TD in 754 attempts with 26 INT's for a QB rating of 70.5.

Alex Smith has thrown 1 TD in 165 attempts with 11 INT's for a QB rating of 40.8.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown 0 TD in 16 attempts with 1 INT for a QB rating of 39.8.

Phillip Rivers has thrown 1 TD in 30 attempts with 1 INT for a QB rating of 67.1.

J. P. Losman has 8 TD in 233 attempts with 9 INT's for a QB rating of 63.5.

Craig Nall has thrown 4 TD's in 33 attempts with 0 INT's for a QB rating of 139.4 

653432[/snapback]

Wow! With numbers like that, I'm positive Marv's guy is Nall. In fact I think he may be shopping him! :lol:

That is pretty odd though isn't it? a Passer rating of 139.4? Really?

Quinn is the real deal. We have a couple good guys here, Stovall whose in the draft this year, Quinn and Samardzija. Zbikowski is a decent S but he's overhyped. We won't get Quinn but he is going to be a great NFL QB. He has good decision making skills and is mobile with a cannon of an arm. He showed those talents BEFORE Weiss got here so he's not just a system QB. I wish we could get him, but i would be sad if we are in a position to deaft him next year cause he's a top 3 pick.

If you re-read what I wrote, you'll find that I wasn't being critical of Marv at all and was offering an explanation as to why the announcement came a bit later than what you might hope for.

653422[/snapback]

Ok, I see that now. Sorry. :lol:

Quinn is the real deal. We have a couple good guys here, Stovall whose in the draft this year, Quinn and Samardzija. Zbikowski is a decent S but he's overhyped. We won't get Quinn but he is going to be a great NFL QB. He has good decision making skills and is mobile with a cannon of an arm. He showed those talents BEFORE Weiss got here so he's not just a system QB. I wish we could get him, but i would be sad if we are in a position to deaft him next year cause he's a top 3 pick.

653599[/snapback]

Samardzija is the next Joe Jurevicious. I really like everything I've seen from that guy. He really sells out to make a lot of his plays.

Either that or Marv doesnt know how to turn the computer on yet.

653404[/snapback]

I actually am happy that he delayed the response. This means that he was

spending his time on going over the draft rather than fretting over some

stupid rumor...

i've gotta say, that statement by marv was about the farthest thing from a ringing endorsement of losman that i've seen from him yet.

653901[/snapback]

Right from the start, he said it was going to be an open competition. That's all he did with this statement was say he was not trading JP, the rumors are false. It wasn't meant to be a ringing endorsement, if that was the case, then we'd all be saying JP was definitely starting.