Pet Peeve Tuesday

- People who are in the left hand turn lane and first don't pull out in to the middle of the intersection, then sit there like nimwits when the light turns yellow and don't even make the turn - I HATE THAT! :w00t:

- People who pay with checks at the store - especially the grocery store ;)

- People who constantly mis-use the term 'literally' "My mouth literally caught fire when I ate those hot wings" - oh really - that must have been very painful!...

- Parents of obnoxious children who just sit there and let their kids be obnoxious brats in public - double points for actually thinking their kids abhorrent behavior is cute! :D:D:D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I hate when I am in line with rugs and vases.  ;)

Is this the thread for people to voice all their racist angst? We had someone post about "orientals" (which is an insulting term) and "smelly foreigners."  Jeez.  :w00t:

651652[/snapback]

No racist angst, sloppo.The term "Oriental" insults only idiots or hand-wringers.

You inpungn diversity. Every ethnicity has it's particular features and proclivities. People are different. What plays in Peoria does not play in Peking (Yes, I know - Beijing. Been there)

Would you not be disappointed if you traveled east or west and the customs and feelings of the indigeneous population were the same as those in your back yard? Want a Big Mac n Italy?

The fact is, Oriental societies and their diaspora are hard and precise with money.

Wake up, learn about the globe, and don't fling accusation.

I've got lots, but I would say #1 is "People who don't RTFM (Read the Freakin' Manual)."

Actually, I take that back. It's these people that make up the bulk of the bell-shaped curve. Sit back and complain that things are complicated, Joe Blow. You've earned your inertia.

People who complain about politicians but never vote....

If you don't vote, you can't B word...

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll second the parent who won't control their kids

Golfers who go into exhaustive detail about a hole or a shot...I don't care, I just want to finish my beer.

people who forward every email they get to you...and include everyone elses email address with it.....learn to use BCC!!

--------------------------------------------------------

How do you feel about the wooden crosses placed at the scene of a fatal accident, fitting memorial?

651692[/snapback]

I think that's fine in that it's a specific place where someone likely lost their life unexpectedly and tragically. And having a place where people can congregate to mourn that person's loss is truly chicken soup for the mouldless soul. But unless you killed the guy with your own car, I have no idea what those stickers are for.

People's speech such as:

- "pitcher" instead of picture

- "punkin" instead of pumpkin

- "these ones" is not correct, its these

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

- the people from philly or jersey that say "wooder" for water

- the people from buffalo that sound the same when they say "bear" and "beer" because for some reason we say "a" weird

- i think i do this, but the people that say "shtreet" instead of street

- my italian family that says "you's" or "you's guys"

i know there's more i just cant think of them right now lol

Here's a pet peeve that will ensure I stay alone in this world:

Memorial stickers on the back windows of cars.

"In loving memory of Hardy Bonnertz

1920-2001

We will always love you."

What did you do, back over the dude? And you've decided that the rear window of your modified PT Cruiser is the place to adhere this little memory? Gee, I'll take "Desperate Cries for Attention" for $200, Alex. Wouldn't you want something a little more permanent? I mean, what happens when you take it through the $3 car wash at the local Conoco and you start losing letters and suddenly your car says "In loving memory of Hard Bon er z"?

I'm sure Hardy is looking down on your car, wondering WTF is wrong with you.

!@#$ing people are strange, man. Very strange.

651539[/snapback]

What are the odds that you would be driving behind BF in Indiana?

People's speech such as:

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

- the people from buffalo that sound the same when they say "bear" and "beer" because for some reason we say "a" weird

652038[/snapback]

I also like regional usages, expressions, and accents.

Except for that hard, cracking, irksome, New England stuff. :)

People's speech such as:

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

652038[/snapback]

"Supposably"

-People(usually women) who don't know how to negotiate a 4 way stop. If you get to the stop sign before me, you go first. You don't sit there, refuse to go, and instead wave me through. :)

-Stupid ass employees working the drive-thru window at any fast food joint. Double check my order before you hand it to me. :lol:

-People who try to get on an elevator before letting people get off. :D

-Getting rid of pop machines that dispense 12 oz. cans and replacing them with machines that dispense 20 oz. bottles. :angry:

-People who start threads with misleading or non-descript thread titles. :)

-People who don't know the difference between resign and re-sign. :doh: