Moulds demands release or trade.....

sven233

I don't know, if I'm on a job and call my boss an idiot who doesn't know his bippy from a hole in the ground, then get in my car and drive off.... You wouldn't expect to get fired? Moulds got a slap on the wrist. What does this say wrt anyone else doing the same thing?

JP and Evans' syncranization last year was testament to what could have been had Moulds not been staring at his colon from the inside? Like I said, it was a problem of his own making.

What's happening now is what needed to happen. It's how the NFL (and sports) is now that a player needs to "demand a trade" then the GM says that "X is under contract, and we'll blah blah blah" to get some hype going so both sides can get done what needs to get done. And I think it'll end up being win-win.

627891[/snapback]

Since we agree on two out of three, I'll just qickly address the issue where we differ...a little.

If you were on a job and did what you said, you may very well expect to be fired. BUT, if you were pretty much a model employee up to that time. and your boss was thought of as a moron by others in your organization AND now he's gone and you have yet to be fired...well, I think the NEW boss may just ask around the organization and figure out exactly what happened. I don't see it as an indication that what he did was OK to do.

I don't think it's all that cut and dry in this case. But, it certainly influenced my opinion of EM in a negative way.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Marv, I'd tell EM & his agent to go find a team willing to make a trade... let them do the work. If they can find someone & it's the right team (i.e. NFC), trade him. If they can't find an agreeable trade partner, cut his punk ass the day before his next bonus kicks in. :P

627763[/snapback]

Dead on. Moulds free agent value rose greatly when the cap went up an extra $10M. We are seeing an old fashioned free agent feeding frenzy, like in the early years of FA. Expect this time, the talent pool is shallower. If the Bills cut Eric Moulds, he will be signed quickly for good money instead of having to take something like a one year, $2M deal with the Eagles.

The Bills might actually be able to get a pick or a player for him, something I never considered a possibility even a week ago. I expect that Moulds already has a tentative deal in place with somebody because he thought he was going to facilitate his own release, so at the least, maybe they can squeeze some old bonus money out of him. :mellow:

I don't think it's all about the money with Eric. I believe he wants to go to a winning team with a decent QB other than Jp Losman.

627758[/snapback]

Ummmm, then why pick now to demand a release or trade? He had all off-season up until now to demand it, and since the coaching staff has settled he knows what the QB situation is. But yet he still let his agent "negotiate" with the Bills, has been speaking all along (directly and through his "advisor") that he wants to stay with the Bills. Why the charade?

If I was Marv, I'd tell EM & his agent to go find a team willing to make a trade... let them do the work. If they can find someone & it's the right team (i.e. NFC), trade him. If they can't find an agreeable trade partner, cut his punk ass the day before his next bonus kicks in. :mellow:

627763[/snapback]

Rico hit this one right on the head.

T_R

Since we agree on two out of three, I'll just qickly address the issue where we differ...a little.

If you were on a job and did what you said, you may very well expect to be fired.  BUT, if you were pretty much a model employee up to that time. and your boss was thought of as a moron by others in your organization  AND  now he's gone and you have yet to be fired...well, I think the NEW boss may just ask around the organization and figure out exactly what happened.  I don't see it as an indication that what he did was OK to do.

I don't think it's all that cut and dry in this case.  But, it certainly influenced my opinion of EM in a negative way.

627900[/snapback]

I don't think we differ all that much. I'm just more in the mindset of 'If he's done it once....' What happens the next time he deems that he's not being used effectively? Moulds hasn't really showed me that he's any better than my 5-y.o. nephew in learning what his role is and who is in charge. And I don't think this sets the proper tone in the locker room, even if it has been glossed over/smoothed out. It still happened and it's not going to be forgotten while he's still here.

But the harsher look is further supported by what he's doing now in creating another publicly-aired flap with the FO (and BTW a FO now headed by the coach he didn't exactly enamor himself with as a young player), even if it is about something as delicate as a man's paycheck. If someone else wants this type of player, or can give Eric the situation that he wants, fine.

Seriously, Levy and Jauron should tell Moulds that they took themselves out of the Free Agency Period because they didnt like the way Daniel Snyder was signing all of the players, and instead of being a player in FA, they were just going to go to their offices and listen to tunes on their iPods instead. So they'd really like to help him, but they can't.

627767[/snapback]

THE GOLDEN BOYS listening to TUNES? You mean like...

Lawrence Welk

I can just picture Eric bursting in all mad as hell demanding a trade or release and Marv, Ralph, and Dick kicking up their feet on the desk with their earphones on being like "A ONE... A TWO... A THREEEE...."

I heard last weekend on Fox Sport Radio, Chris Landrey mentioned that the Broncos, who were hot to sign Terrell Owens at one point, are holding off, to see what happens with Moulds...the Broncos do have two first round picks this year...a package deal maybe?  Say, one of our thirds, and Moulds, for the lower of their 1st rounders.  Broncos might not go for it, but you never know...

627849[/snapback]

Now you're talkin' :mellow:

I read the article from the Rochester paper. According to Moulds' agent, he wants to be traded or released if the Bills are not willing to pay him what he is worth (in other words, what his contract calls for). I do not find this offensive in the least from Moulds' perspective. Of course, this is a lot of money for any of us. Yet, the next couple of years will be EM's last in the NFL. He obviously wants to maximize whatever he can get. How can anyone blame him for that.

I think that one of the back stories here is that the Bills and EM (and his agent) are playing a game of chicken. At this point, the Bills can keep him on the roster, because we are under the salary cap. As time goes on -- and the other teams use up all of their excess money under the cap, EM will be in a precarious position if the Bills decide to release him because he would not be able to get as much money at that time.

Finally, I find it humorous that the JP apologists always make an appearance on threads where they feel they can bash EM. EM has done a lot more for this franchise than JP. One of the reasons why JP could not get him the ball was because JP was just not very good. We also had (and have had for several years) a terrible offensive line. It is not surprising that EM and other players preferred DB and KH. They are better QBs than JP is right now. I just hope that JP can show us that he can be the QB that the Bills former brain trust thought he could be when they gave him the starting job without making him earn it.

I think its a mistake to release Moulds this year. He still is a top receiver. Pay the man whats owed on the contract.

Contracts don't mean sh-- in the NFL sad to say.  :mellow:

627968[/snapback]

Thanks Marv, we can't win with f'in FLY WEIGHTS at Wideout!!!! :P

I read the article from the Rochester paper.  According to Moulds' agent, he wants to be traded or released if the Bills are not willing to pay him what he is worth (in other words, what his contract calls for).  I do not find this offensive in the least from Moulds' perspective.  Of course, this is a lot of money for any of us.  Yet, the next couple of years will be EM's last in the NFL.  He obviously wants to maximize whatever he can get.  How can anyone blame him for that.

I think that one of the back stories here is that the Bills and EM (and his agent) are playing a game of chicken.  At this point, the Bills can keep him on the roster, because we are under the salary cap.  As time goes on -- and the other teams use up all of their excess money under the cap, EM will be in a precarious position if the Bills decide to release him because he would not be able to get as much money at that time.

627961[/snapback]

I think you are exactly right - the Bills and EM's crew are eye-to-eye, and EM's crew just blinked. The Bills hold the all cards here - they can string EM along until it will be very difficult for him to get anywhere close to what he wants from another team, and EM's crew has begun to understand that reality.

However, I don't think it's like Levy to string Moulds out - I think Marv means it when he says he wants Moulds to remain a Bill. It's all negotiating tactics - now negotiating in the media. None of it - even the trade demand - offends me at all.

I've maintained all along that cutting EM would be stupid - much better to trade him for players and/or picks. If a trade can be worked and it benefits the Bills, fine - but I still think and hope EM will be in Buffalo this Fall.

Anyone see this yet? :mellow: (from KFFL):

Eagles | Once again confirm Thomas is on the trading block

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:28:08 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a league source confirmed Monday, March 13, that the Philadelphia Eagles are listening to offers for DT Hollis Thomas, but it's not a certainty that the team will trade him. The Eagles are trying to find out if any team looking for a run-stopping defensive tackle will make a worthwhile offer. Thomas is heading into the final year of his contract. (KFFL)

Interesting...

I heard last weekend on Fox Sport Radio, Chris Landrey mentioned that the Broncos, who were hot to sign Terrell Owens at one point, are holding off, to see what happens with Moulds...the Broncos do have two first round picks this year...a package deal maybe?  Say, one of our thirds, and Moulds, for the lower of their 1st rounders.  Broncos might not go for it, but you never know...

627849[/snapback]

if i had to guess, i suspect that the bills are quietly concerned about moulds going to the patriots. the pats now have only 2 receivers on their roster, and for a while now i've gotten the sense that they've been eying moulds. he's a good fit for them, actually.

if i had to guess, i suspect that the bills are quietly concerned about moulds going to the patriots. the pats now have only 2 receivers on their roster, and for a while now i've gotten the sense that they've been eying moulds. he's a good fit for them, actually.

628032[/snapback]

That's a good point, although I did read last week that the patriots have never paid a WR more than 2.5 mil per season. :mellow:

You think he'll get more than 2.5 per season?

628038[/snapback]

that's not the way to look at it. if i had to guess, he's in line for a bonus of 5-6 million, and that's more than the bills are going to pay. if he were, say, to get a bonus of 5.5 mill and a salary of 1.5, he'd be making 7 mill this upcoming year. when you're talking about the cap, amortization is what counts, but when you're talking about salaries, upfront money is everything.

Finally, I find it humorous that the JP apologists always make an appearance on threads where they feel they can bash EM.  EM has done a lot more for this franchise than JP.  One of the reasons why JP could not get him the ball was because JP was just not very good.  We also had (and have had for several years) a terrible offensive line.  It is not surprising that EM and other players preferred DB and KH.  They are better QBs than JP is right now.  I just hope that JP can show us that he can be the QB that the Bills former brain trust thought he could be when they gave him the starting job without making him earn it.

627961[/snapback]

I find it even more amusing that all the JP bashers are pointing at WGR's version of EM's statement and equating that to: "See?!?! Moulds doesn't want to work with a loser QB!!!" Well, if he didn't want to, he could have saved weeks of back-and-forth with Bills' management and make a "trade or release" demand long before now...

:mellow:

BTW, article here on it basically says that the "trade/release" demand is based on the assumption by Moulds and his team that the Bills will definitely release him at some point, something that I'm guessing WGR didn't mention. He just wants the situation resolved, and you can't blame him.