Dre Bly on Total Access tonight

zow2

Man o man, Rich Eisen starts asking him how he feels about Mooch getting fired and Bly basically says Mooch was a great guy and well liked. To paraphrase the rest....Bly said they fired the wrong guy. When pressed by Eisen to elaborate, Bly said they should have fired the QB, then he just outright says Joey has not been good and Mooch was the fall guy. He also made mention of Joey's poor pratice habits, etc... and how excited he was when they signed Garcia in the offseason (who got injured by our Bills).

What's with some guys going on national tv and dogging teammates? I don't know much about Harrington but he seems like a decent guy and probably doesn't deserve that. Keep it inside the locker room Dre.

Man o man,  Rich Eisen starts asking him how he feels about Mooch getting fired and Bly basically says Mooch was a great guy and well liked.  To paraphrase the rest....Bly said they fired the wrong guy.  When pressed by Eisen to elaborate, Bly said they should have fired the QB, then he just outright says Joey has not been good and Mooch was the fall guy.  He also made mention of Joey's poor pratice habits, etc... and how excited he was when they signed Garcia in the offseason (who got injured by our Bills).

What's with some guys going on national tv and dogging teammates?  I don't know much about Harrington but he seems like a decent guy and probably doesn't deserve that.  Keep it inside the locker room Dre.

515044[/snapback]

I wonder why he didn't mention the underperforming wideouts and instead threw just Harrington under the bus. I'd love to see Harrington pile drive that mouthy little dwarf.

Its no secret that Harrington is not liked by his teammates. He has even responded something to the effect of "it doesnt matter if they like me". Sucks to be Joey Harrington. Remember certain posters crusading that we draft that clown? :D

I wonder why he didn't mention the underperforming wideouts and instead threw just Harrington under the bus.  I'd love to see Harrington pile drive that mouthy little dwarf.

515053[/snapback]

Honestly, I'd like to see that. And I think some of his teammates would. I think that's what he is lacking. You don't necessarily have to be the rah-rah guy, but he shows absolutely no fire. But at the same time, you need confidence and your team's confidence. That's why it is so crappy Eric Moulds called Losman out. You're a team and you need everyone. If one teammate is down, you pick him up and not call him out. I really hopes Harrington sets up and proves Bly wrong.

i always liked harrington and hoped he would succeed, i based myself on that and actually drafted him this year in my fantasy pool along with their RB and Pollard. Luckily Joey lost his spot to Eli and Marcia Brady after week 1

Honestly, I'd like to see that.  And I think some of his teammates would.  I think that's what he is lacking.  You don't necessarily have to be the rah-rah guy, but he shows absolutely no fire.  But at the same time, you need confidence and your team's confidence.  That's why it is so crappy Eric Moulds called Losman out.  You're a team and you need everyone.   If one teammate is down, you pick him up and not call him out.  I really hopes Harrington sets up and proves Bly wrong.

515091[/snapback]

We do tend to exaggerate a bit when it comes to football...Moulds didn't "call" JP out...

Its no secret that Harrington is not liked by his teammates.  He has even responded something to the effect of "it doesnt matter if they like me".  Sucks to be Joey Harrington.  Remember certain posters crusading that we draft that clown? :D

515059[/snapback]

I do remember that Pete, and it has been stated that TD was after him. Who would have driven the board crazier, Joey or Big Mike? :(:huh:

C'mon, it can't be Joey....it's his O-line right???? That's what we would say if he was here.

As for his ho hum attitude. That's what you get from a QB who plays classical piano in his spare time. He ain't no Jim Kelly. At least JP is a gym rate and film watching-aholic.

i saw that. the ONLY thing that might keep that team together is that Bly is on the Defense. if he was a WR or TE or O-Lineman it would completly destroy that team.

Harrington has taken a lot of heat for the losses, but i think most of the problems are the WRs. they run the wrong routes, or dont cut the right way, and it results in an INT. and the guys on the sidelines only see the INT.

he might be done in Detroit, but hes not as bad as everyone says he is.

did you watch the thanksgiving day game? he played well. his teammates just sucked.

Mooch NEVER wanted him as his QB. NEVER opened the playbook for him. how can a QB play well when he, and everyone else, knows the headcoach is trying to get another guy in there.

the sad thing is that he may be cut and go to another team as a backup. i just hope he gets another shot at being a starter somewhere else.

Man o man,  Rich Eisen starts asking him how he feels about Mooch getting fired and Bly basically says Mooch was a great guy and well liked.  To paraphrase the rest....Bly said they fired the wrong guy.  When pressed by Eisen to elaborate, Bly said they should have fired the QB, then he just outright says Joey has not been good and Mooch was the fall guy.  He also made mention of Joey's poor pratice habits, etc... and how excited he was when they signed Garcia in the offseason (who got injured by our Bills).

What's with some guys going on national tv and dogging teammates?  I don't know much about Harrington but he seems like a decent guy and probably doesn't deserve that.  Keep it inside the locker room Dre.

515044[/snapback]

Frustration

did you watch the thanksgiving day game? he played well. his teammates just sucked.

515228[/snapback]

Don't watch Detroit as much as other teams, but I do watch the T'giving games, and you are absolutely right. He made some very nice chain-moving throws that his receivers either missed for running the wrong route or just dropped. At one point I kinda sorta wondered if they were doing this to him on purpose because it got a little ridiculous.

I wonder why he didn't mention the underperforming wideouts and instead threw just Harrington under the bus.  I'd love to see Harrington pile drive that mouthy little dwarf.

515053[/snapback]

Yup, Mooch was such a good coach, that he failed to get any of his 3 top 10 wideouts to perform at all. roy williams is the only WR of the 3 that actually plays competent once in a while. Harrington may not be the greatest, but he wasnt/isnt the real problem in detroit.

Also, if its all Harrington's fault, then why was Mooch allergic to Kevin Jones? KJ is the most misused RB in the league...

Don't watch Detroit as much as other teams, but I do watch the T'giving games, and you are absolutely right. He made some very nice chain-moving throws that his receivers either missed for running the wrong route or just dropped. At one point I kinda sorta wondered if they were doing this to him on purpose because it got a little ridiculous.

515253[/snapback]

after they put in garcia, the coaches went up to the WRs and started coaching them. saying they had to break on thier routes better and run nice routes. as if they were jsut going through the motions with Harrington.

why wernt they breaking on thier routes with harrington? why wernt they running hard with him in there?

it doesnt look good for detroit.

515044[/snapback]

Got to admit, while watching that interview I found myself thinking..."Did he really just say that??" Wow...It's funny cause at 1st he just hinted with the "One Guy..." comment, then he just laid Harrington out. He did say that people only see the Games and he sees every Practice, so obviously there is some type of anti-Harrington concensus going on in that Locker Room...But to just destroy a Teammate like that on The NFL Network, and a show most Players actually watch...I wonder what reported Harrington Backer Lions GM Matt Millen thought about that? :rolleyes:

Bly is right in one respect, the Lions did fire the wrong guy. I have no clue how Matt Millan still has a job GMing in this league. I'm curious as to which WR they're going to take with their top 10 pick this year!