Dre Bly on Total Access tonight

zow2

Go Ask Roy Williams the detroit wr not the dallas safety what he thinks of jeff garcia. Garcia is flat out horrible. Harrington has been a bust because he's not a wco qb, and mooch is too set in his system or nothing to change his ways. I still believe Harrington will make it in the nfl, given a better coach, which there is plenty of coaches better then mooch.

Man o man,  Rich Eisen starts asking him how he feels about Mooch getting fired and Bly basically says Mooch was a great guy and well liked.  To paraphrase the rest....Bly said they fired the wrong guy.  When pressed by Eisen to elaborate, Bly said they should have fired the QB, then he just outright says Joey has not been good and Mooch was the fall guy.  He also made mention of Joey's poor pratice habits, etc... and how excited he was when they signed Garcia in the offseason (who got injured by our Bills).

What's with some guys going on national tv and dogging teammates?  I don't know much about Harrington but he seems like a decent guy and probably doesn't deserve that.  Keep it inside the locker room Dre.

515044[/snapback]

I wish he would've called out our O-line. Lord knows they need the national ridicule. No one on the team has the balls to do it. I guess they would rather lose and remain tight-lipped.

Damn, I wish Jimbo would say something about the kittens up front.

I have to watch every lions game - i live in michigan.

The problems are not with harrington. Charles Rogers has constantly been injured / high, Mike Williams is underperforming, (Roy is the only one decent right now).

The main problem was Mariucci. His offensive playcalling was terrible.

We call it the "screen pass / fake punt / draw offense".

I have to watch every lions game - i live in michigan.

The problems are not with harrington. Charles Rogers has constantly been injured / high, Mike Williams is underperforming, (Roy is the only one decent right now).

The main problem was Mariucci. His offensive playcalling was terrible.

We call it the "screen pass / fake punt / draw offense".

515745[/snapback]

How do you rate Jeff Backus? He played next to Hutchinson at Michigan, and is a UFA in 06.

I rarely get to watch him, but I thought that he would be good coming out of college.

What's up?

Go Ask Roy Williams the detroit wr not the dallas safety what he thinks of jeff garcia.  Garcia is flat out horrible.  Harrington has been a bust because he's not a wco qb, and mooch is too set in his system or nothing to change his ways.  I still believe Harrington will make it in the nfl, given a better coach, which there is plenty of coaches better then mooch.

515725[/snapback]

Harrington is going to make some team happy as their new QB. Hopefully it ain't the Jets or Miami.

How do you rate Jeff Backus? He played next to Hutchinson at Michigan, and is a UFA in 06.

I rarely get to watch him, but I thought that he would be good coming out of college.

What's up?

515754[/snapback]

Honestly, the entire lions offensive line is terrible. Joey takes a 3 step drop and gets flattened. The only difference was a few times garcia was able to make a play where joey couldn't. If any team blitzed, play over. The line could not pick up the blitz, at all.

Its no secret that Harrington is not liked by his teammates.  He has even responded something to the effect of "it doesnt matter if they like me".  Sucks to be Joey Harrington.  Remember certain posters crusading that we draft that clown? :doh:

515059[/snapback]

Well he's not a clown. But I do remember some strongly pushing for Joey Harrington. I guess it would have been Joey Harrington or Mike Williams. Mike Williams hasn't done much yet in his NFL career, but he still has many years left in him and he might turn it around and become a beast. However, it just might be with another team.