Tim McGraw Halftime song

rockpile

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That song justifies the mute button on every remote control ever made.

503307[/snapback]

Actually, you'd enjoy yourself more if you put in a 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound system. You could then eliminate the center channel speaker, which is where the dialogue comes from, and just listen to the crowd all around you like you're at the game.

And I'll jump on the homer bandwagon for I Like It, I Love It. It's cool...when the Bills win. When they lose, it's like NFL Primetime. I'll take a pass. If anything is bothersome it's the "Are you ready for some football?" opening song. I've always, always liked that song. Thought it was cool as hell. Until they decided to have it take place in a GMC automobile factory.

WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING? Oh well, it could be worse. MNF could be aired by ESBN. ;)

Get rid of it. Just show highlights.

503579[/snapback]

ABC believes that by the time you see MNF you've seen the highlights. They tried to eliminate them for while..but that didn't fly because they replaced them with dreck. Now they've decided to jazz them up (I use the term "jazz" VERY loosely). ESPN has "The Ultimate Highlight" another attempt to "package" the highlights in a different form..."repurposing" the content.

As you probably know, only a certain amount of material is made available for use as highlights. Most of the highlights that can be used HAVE been used and seen multiple times by football fanatics like us. Here's my idea for MNF. Make a deal with the NFL to access a limited amount of additional highlight material. Then market it as the "Unseen" highlights or "Hidden Highlights" or some such nonsense. Take the best unused highlight or two from each of Sunday's games...preferably replays that show how a big play was successful or unsuccessful (a missed block, a missed assigmnent, etc). Maybe a couple of plays that, while unspectecular by themselves, illustrate what a team did differently in that game...you get the picture. A little mini-NFL Matchup, in reverse...sort of...not really.