Could've Phrased It Differently

From Roscoe's BB.com interview

------------

6) How has your life changed since becoming an NFL player?

"I grew up in Miami and attended the University of Miami. Miami is very warm throughout the year and a fun place to be in. Buffalo is the complete opposite. It is very cold and I'm not familiar with many things off the field. During the time that I have been in Buffalo, I have mainly focused on training."

--------------

Talk about taking the anti-JP Losman approach. I understand he's just being honest but that could rub some buffalonians the wrong way. I'm sure he didn't intend on dissing Buffalo, but whatever.

So Buffalo's the complete opposite of a warm and fun place to be?

C'mon, it isn't that bad here.

------------

"I grew up in Miami and attended the University of Miami. Miami is very warm throughout the year and a fun place to be in. Buffalo is the complete opposite. It is very cold and I'm not familiar with many things off the field. During the time that I have been in Buffalo, I have mainly focused on training."

--------------

Talk about taking the anti-JP Losman approach. I understand he's just being honest but that could rub some buffalonians the wrong way. I'm sure he didn't intend on dissing Buffalo, but whatever.

So Buffalo's the complete opposite of a warm and fun place to be?

C'mon, it isn't that bad here.

I'm afraid Roscoe speaketh the truth. Always hurts a little more than sugar coating it. I hate the Dolphins, but if I had to choose a place to be, obviously Miami wins hands down. Most people would agree with that I think. Buffalo is very boring. You can do anything in South FLA, except skiing I guess. :rolleyes:

------------

So he answered, "it got colder and more serious" . Can't think of a more logical answer than that. Only thing he could add would be " oh, then I broke my hand and it started to hurt too".

I'm glad he didn't go there though. Cause then you would all be saying what a slam that was to our collective civic pride. Hey it don't hurt here! People break their hand all over. At least we don't break our hands in hurricanes. So there!

Yep, sure glad he was considerate of our feelings.

Newsflash: Buffalo and Miami have different weather.

As I sit here in Miami preparing for yet another hurricane (Wilma!!! - Yubba dubba do), my sister (in Buffalo) keeps on reminding me that she would take snow any day. So would I.

Miami and Buffalo are also very differenct cities. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I grew up in Buffalo and my family is still in Buffalo. I still go there frequently throughout the year. Buffalo is a great city with great people who have nothing to apologize for. Miami is flash and sizzle. Buffalo is the steak. There are a lot of things that I like about Miami, but I still consider myself a Buffalonian at heart.

As for Roscoe, I doubt that he was intentionally putting down Buffalo. Most players seem to enjoy playing in Buffalo. He is a young kid, away from his family and friends for the first time, and concentrating on just getting on the field. He is a good guy, and we are going to enjoy watching him play for the Bills.

I'm afraid Roscoe speaketh the truth. Always hurts a little more than sugar coating it. I hate the Dolphins, but if I had to choose a place to be, obviously Miami wins hands down. Most people would agree with that I think. Buffalo is very boring. You can do anything in South FLA, except skiing I guess. :rolleyes:

481744[/snapback]

Except for the fact that the beaches are warmer and probably have better scenery than those in Buffalo, I don't think that Miami wins hands down.

Miami seems to get credit for good weather, but for about 6 months out of the year, it is way too hot (IMHO) to be outside unless you are at the beach. I am sure that I am in the minority nationally, but I much prefer WNY's weather to that of SFla.

I'm sure there are alot of things to do in Miami, but there are a lot of things to do in WNY as well. There are sports leagues you can join year round; there's good museums; there's Letchworth and the Falls; there's skiing in the winter; you can go sailing; can't forget the Bills; lots of good music comes to the area; there's pretty much a festival going on every weekend somewhere during the summer. I've never fully understood the "there's nothing to do in Buffalo" gripe or the "Buffalo is very boring" gripe that I hear a lot.