Bledsoe Injured

kasper13

"Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe today had an MRI on his right foot to make sure the ache he's been feeling is nothing serious. The test showed it's not.

Bledsoe says his foot started hurting Monday and he calls it one of those things.

Bledsoe hasn't missed any practice time because of the injury. The MRI was done prior to an afternoon workout."

Must be all that scrambling & running he does.

Some of the headlines in and around Dallas today:

"Fans, Don't Get Down On Bledsoe Yet"

"After one game, Cowboys fans are ready to say adding Drew Bledsoe to the team was a mistake."

"Cowboys' offensive line fails to protect Bledsoe"

Where have we heard that before?

And a couple of observations from the Dallas media.....

Parcell's first-team offense under new quarterback Drew Bledsoe was a rinky-dink, punt-til-you puke waste of time. Five possessions, 17 plays, 22 yards, one first down, no points.

Bledsoe was criticized for "holding the ball too long" Saturday, and for general lack-luster play. Echoes from his Buffalo days were already heard in North Texas.

And a couple of used, abused and beaten to death quotes from old #11 himself....

While making no excuses, Bledsoe said Monday, "They pressed our receivers with man coverage and blitzed off that. We've got to do a better job of making 'em pay when they do that."

Asked to give his answer to the multitudes back in Texas disappointed in him and the offense after one exhibition game, Bledsoe readily replied, "Just wait. Good things are happening, even if they weren't happening [saturday night]. I know what it takes to be successful. We have the opportunity here to be successful."

Every single Bills fan should go outside right now, drop to their knees, look skyward and thank the man upstairs that Bledsoe is no longer our QB.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I wont miss is that "Aw Shucks" look that Bledsoe had when things started to get tough during games.  That was one thing we could count on...when the going got tough, Bledsoe gave up.

409522[/snapback]

I don't think he consciously gave up, I just don't think he's a very bounce-back kinda guy. Whatever, he's *history*!!

Silly mocking of a player who is one of the most durable at his position.

He had a MRI because his foot was hurting in a way it normally wasn't and he wanted to make sure he did not further injury an injury he was unaware of.

I didn't like Bledsoe as a QB and I did not want to trade for him although I thought he did a good job staying alive for THREE YEARS behind a line which looked like NYC bar patrons derived of their constitutional right to smoke. I do not think mocking him for mentioning a foot pain makes any sense; it makes Bills fans seem like bad sports, a fact which is often true.

He had a MRI because his foot was hurting in a way it normally wasn't and he wanted to make sure he did not further injury an injury he was unaware of.

I didn't like Bledsoe as a QB and I did not want to trade for him although I thought he did a good job staying alive for THREE YEARS behind a line which looked like NYC bar patrons derived of their constitutional right to smoke.  I do not think mocking him for mentioning a foot pain makes any sense; it makes Bills fans seem like bad sports, a fact which is often true.

409559[/snapback]

your point is well taken, and actually i think you've hit upon something important. bledsoe's durability is probably the primary reason for his gawdy career passing statistics. he is not nearly the "quality" of QB one would expect to see with those types of numbers, but the bottom line is that he rarely gets hurt.

that said, i don't believe it is poor sportsmanship to show gratitude to the bills' brass for making the switch to losman. we can all do that without bashing bledsoe in the process.

your point is well taken, and actually i think you've hit upon something important.  bledsoe's durability is probably the primary reason for his gawdy career passing statistics.  he is not nearly the "quality" of QB one would expect to see with those types of numbers, but the bottom line is that he rarely gets hurt.

that said, i don't believe it is poor sportsmanship to show gratitude to the bills' brass for making the switch to losman.  we can all do that without bashing bledsoe in the process.

409563[/snapback]

You too raise a good point, but I don't think that one can throw for that many yards with durability as the deciding factor.

Drew was probably a "throwback" type qb when he entered the NFL. By this I mean that coaches years ago did NOT want their qbs to move around so much. Tarkenton was thought of as a freak, and Flutie could not even secure a roster spot (which he fully deserved) and was forced to play in Canada.

I think that Drew was far too "needy." When he had his best years at NE, the team was stacked with weapons. This, in the salary cap era, is harder for a GM to provide. This does not take away from what I consider his biggest asset, his true cannon of an arm.

In this sense, I will never know how good Aikman was. He was not very athletic either, but every single player on his offense, was either very good or great. Think about it...the fullback, TE, Emmit, Irving, and the entire OL were fabulous players. The defense was top flight as well. How well would Aikman have played on that Bills team with no blocking and other liabilities on offense?

In summary, Drew (imo) has a simply amazing arm. He is able to make throws that only a handful of qbs were ever capable of, but he had more "needs" than TD was able to provide. I wish him well in Dallas, and I think that he will do OK. Parcells will be looking over his shoulder and force Drew to do things his way.

This is going to be a fun and very interesting season.

I didn't like Bledsoe as a QB and I did not want to trade for him although I thought he did a good job staying alive for THREE YEARS behind a line which looked like NYC bar patrons derived of their constitutional right to smoke.  I do not think mocking him for mentioning a foot pain makes any sense; it makes Bills fans seem like bad sports, a fact which is often true.

409559[/snapback]

Alright. I won't mock his wonderful durability. I will, however, mock his miserable play and grossly pathetic quotes that he continually spews. I'll be the first to say he's a nice guy, but as an NFL QB, he sucks. Say what you want about our porous line while he was here, but he didn't do ANYTHING to help the cause. I'm so glad he's gone. It's funny how things come full circle. Parcells brought DB into this league and DB will return the favor by taking Parcells out of this league. Can you say Custer's last stand?

Alright. I won't mock his wonderful durability. I will, however, mock his miserable play and grossly pathetic quotes that he continually spews. I'll be the first to say he's a nice guy, but as an NFL QB, he sucks. Say what you want about our porous line while he was here, but he didn't do ANYTHING to help the cause. I'm so glad he's gone. It's funny how things come full circle. Parcells brought DB into this league and DB will return the favor by taking Parcells out of this league. Can you say Custer's last stand?

409587[/snapback]

Solid post, bilsoverdue. The guy sucked here...totally sucked. What's so wrong about ripping a guy who couldn't do his job? People forget he came here from NE and they all said the same thing...nice guy, blows as a QB and a leader. He comes here...nice guy, blows as a QB and a leader. Now he's on the hated Dallas Cowboys, and I'm looking forward to watching him suck there, too. I bought into his crap...actually bought a damn jersey with his name on it. I can't stand him, and I'm not going to apologize for it. I hope he plays just good enough to keep his job on a team I hate, for a coach I hate, in a state I hate.

I see stalking in some of your futures.

409607[/snapback]

Says John Hankington of 1467 Windwatch Lane, Buxton, North Carolina, (252) 995-4474. Wife Greta, children Ezekial,(9) Chad, (5) and Phonecia, (1), Leaves home at 7:12- 7:24 every morning, stops at Krispy Kremes, 1 coffee (dark) 2 glazed donuts, arrives at work between 8:17-8:29, in office till 12:30-12:45 departs for lunch, Sammys dog shack or Ralphs clam bar (alternating) Home by 5:47-5:50 each night. Lawn cutting on Tuesdays, Golf at Duck Woods Wednesdays with buddies Earl, Jake and Rex(reserved tee times 7:05)..........no, no stalking here

Fez...DB's play through out the season is going to be bashed here at TSW.  It will be just like he is still a Bill.  :lol:

409657[/snapback]

I corrected your post in red.

No matter what he does in Dallas, he will be bashed - as will any poster who doesn't have a torch and pitchfork at the ready. :D

CW