Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Answering a question with a question lol

You get all kinds of excuses and rationalization, bottom line is you are either a team player or not! 

Edited by amprov56

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Honestly I like your fire everybody posts better; not the point regarding OTAs and value, TEAM EVENT/TEAM EVENT/TEAM EVENT!!!!!! And the two of us have all ready gone round and round - Stefan Diggs is not even on the same planet as Andre Reed. I guess his 1000 yard seasons did not help in the clutch the last half of 2023! 

Exactly, still a team sport and you need that! Great post!

Team event with 35-40 guys that won't be on the final roster.

Let me meet you half way. Should all veterans show up for OTAs? Yes it can't possibly hurt and it's only 3 days. Honestly if I was Diggs I would show up just so I didn't have to answer a question from a reporter as to why I didn't show up. 

Does it have any impact on how they play on the field? No. Absolutely zero.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Who says you can not be a team player and not attend OTAs? They are mutually exclusive.

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Who says you can not be a team player and not attend OTAs? They are mutually exclusive.

Maybe in your world, not in mine. Are you seriously suggesting Diggs has been the prototype team player, Minnesota, Buffalo and all ready starting in Houston. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Team event with 35-40 guys that won't be on the final roster.

Let me meet you half way. Should all veterans show up for OTAs? Yes it can't possibly hurt and it's only 3 days. Honestly if I was Diggs I would show up just so I didn't have to answer a question from a reporter as to why I didn't show up. 

Does it have any impact on how they play on the field? No. Absolutely zero.

You should be an NFL executive you missed your calling, you could be the one to end OTAs. Sorry this has to be a generational thing! 

40 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

You should be an NFL executive you missed your calling, you could be the one to end OTAs. Sorry this has to be a generational thing! 

It is more about evolution and not generations.  The same people that want 100% attendance at OTAs probably are the same ones that want two a day training camp practices.  And still want four preseason games. And withhold water during camp to make real men out of them.

In the past guys used training camp to get in shape. Now guys train all year round. Rarely if ever do guys show up not ready to play. 

I 100% agree with mandatory rookie camp and rookies should be mandated for OTAs. 

I just don't believe in the things that traditionalist believe in. College football at the highest level has no preseason. Yes a bunch of team play patsies week 1 but a bunch of top 25 teams play each other week 1 too.  COVID year the quality of play was no different without preseason or OTAs.( I can't remember the exact number of events that got canceled or altered).

It's easy to just want to do the same thing over and over. Change is hard. But it can be for the better.  

• Eyeroll 1

I don't feel bad talking **** about him now that he is gone. He is setting the table in Texas to be given the prima Donna label right off the jump

it's a terrible look. who the **** does he think he is?

@-@

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This news for me means nothing to me. The dude gave us a few good years... Who gives a crud what he skips. Its not our problem. moving on... 

well it's the off-season and he is a target for the smack. I don't think we care so much as are just smirking at the guys act.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It is more about evolution and not generations.  The same people that want 100% attendance at OTAs probably are the same ones that want two a day training camp practices.  And still want four preseason games. And withhold water during camp to make real men out of them.

In the past guys used training camp to get in shape. Now guys train all year round. Rarely if ever do guys show up not ready to play. 

I 100% agree with mandatory rookie camp and rookies should be mandated for OTAs. 

I just don't believe in the things that traditionalist believe in. College football at the highest level has no preseason. Yes a bunch of team play patsies week 1 but a bunch of top 25 teams play each other week 1 too.  COVID year the quality of play was no different without preseason or OTAs.( I can't remember the exact number of events that got canceled or altered).

It's easy to just want to do the same thing over and over. Change is hard. But it can be for the better.  

No offense but this post is gibberish! No one is advocating two a day practices or with holding water - trust me I experienced water discipline in practice not theory. Who knows what the value is of OTAs, I sure don’t nor do you, we ain’t there or suiting up! It’s a very simple concept - be a team player not a diva! That is the driving point you keep side stepping!

Edited by amprov56

16 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

No offense but this post is gibberish! No one is advocating two a day practices or with holding water - trust me I experienced water discipline in practice not theory. Who knows what the value is of OTAs, I sure don’t nor do you, we ain’t there or suiting up! It’s a very simple concept - be a team player not a diva! That is the driving point you keep side stepping!

Like I said attendance at OTA does not make you a team player nor does the absence make you a diva.

And if you are going to say missing OTAs makes you a diva then call every player that skips them a diva.  

Have a nice holiday weekend!

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Like I said attendance at OTA does not make you a team player nor does the absence make you a diva.

And if you are going to say missing OTAs makes you a diva then call every player that skips them a diva.  

Have a nice holiday weekend!

Still missing the point, you have a great holiday weekend too!

Mega millionaire WR  wishes not to participate in an off season workout.  The optics are he is above such a frivolous event.

If I were signed to a big fat contract in a new city I think it's a really good show of commitment to show up for an OTA. I mean it is pertaining to his new team and not like he is rehabbing or coming off injury.

I dunno.

Not our problem.  Cheers everybody.

GO BILLS **** the Texans

21 hours ago, amprov56 said:

BS it is what it is try laying some facts and leave the hero worship at home 

Hero worship, why because i haven’t joined the angry mob

because Diggs is gone?

acting like a scorned lover, Diggs has really set you off?  i am glad i don’t have all this anger And vitriol about an ex Bill.

I would be quite annoyed if say Samuel skipped OTAs.  Or any of the first year players who declined an opportunity to build chemistry with the new QB.  If JA is there your ass better be there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hero worship, why because i haven’t joined the angry mob

because Diggs is gone?

acting like a scorned lover, Diggs has really set you off?  i am glad i don’t have all this anger And vitriol about an ex Bill.

27 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I would be quite annoyed if say Samuel skipped OTAs.  Or any of the first year players who declined an opportunity to build chemistry with the new QB.  If JA is there your ass better be there. 

Well put, to me it’s a team thing!

On 5/23/2024 at 12:23 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

He wants out and to be traded to the Cowboys to play with his brother.  He is pissed at Stroud for cheating on his girl clearly after he knocked up a waitress and has to keep it now because it's Texas.

Allegedly…

;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Majority of the league are at OTAs.  Von Miller is a future first ballot hall of famer.  He is at most OTAs.  Yes, it is voluntary.  Yes, Diggs works his ass off in the offseason.  Wr is also a depended and timing position.  Catching sessions on air are not the same as routes vs defenses.  Just seems odd.  Diggs is an Odd dude. I think he very much likes the attention from cryptic tweets, the attention of being the only guy not there.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1