Official Account of Kansas City doxxes Harrison Butker

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yesterday Butker and anyone that did not disapprove of his thoughts were morons in your mind - even though you misrepresented his words to come to that conclusion. Nice work. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, she was very much in line with Conservative thought on Eugenics. She was very much a main line Conservative on the topic at the time. 

When did I say she was beyond reproach? Her brave stand for birth control is very commendable, I think. I do not agree with her main line Conservative views 

Conservatives have been spewing that racist nonsense for decades and even got the Supreme Court to approve the sterilization of individiuals they considered to be degenerates. Thank God for the New Deal Liberalism that swept aside that court paving the way for the Civil Rights Movement! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell

No, he said Catholics are bad. 

You must not have read the speech. Read it, it's interesting. 

You against birth control, too? 

You don't think people should be able to get a divorce? 

Wow 

Good Lord.  You’re wandering around completely unaware of the history of one of your heroines, accuse me of gathering one sided information from “Fix News”, then fold like a cheap suit when confronted with information from Planned Parenthood?  Then, you take it up a notch and reference conservatives?  

She’s your girl, Tibsy, and just because you support the processes she followed doesn’t mean she wasn’t a genocidal lunatic.   I’m sure Mussolini made a good pasta fagioli, too, but you’re allowed took beyond that.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Clay Travis is hit or miss for me, but he’s 100% correct here.

I’m sure some posters here are/were or are around NFL athletes.

The majority of every NFL locker room, and their coaches (including ours) agree with most/all of what Harrison Butker said.

Most of them, likely on direction from the organization and representation, won’t comment publicly in agreement with Butker .. but I can guarantee you he’s gotten quite a few private messages of support from his own locker room, locker rooms around the league, and based on the mentality, coaching and team leaders of our team … quite a few messages of support from our locker room as well.  

And while every current player knows they’d become a media hero for any form of criticism towards Butker.. not one has done so.  

Meanwhile, those that cover the league, as a group (some are outliers) could not be more diametrically opposed to the players they cover.  

There are outliers like former player Chris Long, who is genuinely more socially progressive, but it’s rare in the league. 

Yet so many who cover the league, locally and nationally, are in constant tension with players values. 

Once some start to speak up more against these sports journalists, like in the UFC where it’s now not just acceptable but expected, it’s a wrap. 

I look forward to the day a Tim Graham or Sneaky Joe regularly get bodied by the athletes they cover. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

When you have lost the Benedictine nuns

The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned...

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

When you have lost the Benedictine

nuns 

The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned...

You're a divider. That's what I got from their comments

• Thank you (+1) 1

Miserable Libs:

”You shouldn’t take the outdated views of a man telling women how to live your life.”   

The Butkers:

Harrison 3x SB champion kicker and a multimillionaire set for life; His wife played college basketball at Rhodes College in Tennessee.  His mother is a physicist.

Yea you know what, I’d really like to hear what the miserable libs have to say about life advice the Butker’s are so 1950s.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Harrison Butker, Harbinger?

Life during and after the coming Demographic Winter.

GLENN HARLAN REYNOLDS

There are some things you’re not supposed to say in 2024 America, and Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker said some of them.

Speaking to a graduation crowd at conservative Catholic Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, Butker took on Joe Biden’s performative faux-Catholicism, transgender ideology and – most shockingly – suggested to female graduates that they would find a better, more rewarding, and more productive life as wives and mothers than in corporate-style careers.

For this, he received a standing ovation from the crowd. (The full speech is here.)  The wider world, however, was not so appreciative.  Most notably, the city of Kansas City, Missouri tweeted out a repudiation and a pointed indication that he lived elsewhere, in a community the since-deleted tweet specifically named.  Facing complaints of “doxing,” the tweet was removed and Kansas City mayor Quinton Lucas apologized.  I’m not sure that naming the general place where somebody lives truly qualifies as doxing, but I’m also unclear as to why a municipal government thinks it’s its place to weigh in on what a non-resident private citizen says in a speech delivered in another state about social issues.  There were also demands from assorted leftist activists that Butker be punished.

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey has weighed in, criticizing the city’s action, calling the mayor’s apology inadequate, and threatening to employ civil rights law:  “I will enforce the Missouri Human Rights Act to ensure Missourians are not targeted for their free exercise of religion.”

Well, this is a tempest in a teacup, really.  But I think it’s also a harbinger.

Over the past 50+ years, traditional ideas, like Butker’s, about marriage, child-rearing, and gender roles have been marginalized, in favor of those that put much less emphasis on, well, marriage, child-rearing, and traditional views about gender roles. 

And now we’re facing a global baby bust, or as some are calling it, a “demographic winter” due to plunging birth rates worldwide.  “Fertility rates have fallen way below replacement level throughout the entire industrialized world, and this is starting to cause major problems all over the globe.  Aging populations are counting on younger generations to take care of them as they get older, but younger generations are not nearly large enough to accomplish that task.  Meanwhile, there aren’t enough qualified young workers in many fields to replace the expertise of older workers that are now retiring.  Sadly, this is just the beginning.”

https://instapundit.substack.com/p/harrison-butker-harbinger

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Miserable Libs:

”You shouldn’t take the outdated views of a man telling women how to live your life.”   

The Butkers:

Harrison 3x SB champion kicker and a multimillionaire set for life; His wife played college basketball at Rhodes College in Tennessee.  His mother is a physicist.

Yea you know what, I’d really like to hear what the miserable libs have to say about life advice the Butker’s are so 1950s.  

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Birth control, legal abortion, easy divorce have all risen as violence in society has declined.

Do you have any statistics or evidence of how much if any violence today is less than it was in 1973?

The city I live in is experiencing record homicides and violent crime.

From an article in the Seattle Times from 2/23:

Last year saw the highest violent crime rate in 15 years, with an increase of 729 incidents per 100,000 residents in 2021 compared to 736 per 100,000 residents last year.

Crime rates represent the number of crimes reported relative to the size of the city’s population. The actual number of violent crimes reported increased about 4% from 2021 to 2022, according to the report.

The increase in crime overall reflects the spike in violent crime that began in 2020 and shows little sign of dropping back to pre-pandemic levels. Homicides increased by 24% and aggravated assault totals continue to be the highest reported in the last 10 years. The majority of homicide victims died from gun violence.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/seattle-violent-crime-hits-15-year-high-other-takeaways-from-new-report/

Edited by reddogblitz

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you have any statistics or evidence of how much if any violence today is less than it was in 1973?

The city I live in is experiencing record homicides and violent crime.

From an article in the Seattle Times from 2/23:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/seattle-violent-crime-hits-15-year-high-other-takeaways-from-new-report/

Do you live in Seattle? Are you going to the game in October?

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

So, here is one, look at the second set of stats and it has the rates of crime per 100,000

https://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Here is another chart on it, if you scroll down a little 

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/28/us-murder-violent-crime-rates-drop

I know there is an argument out that that almost exactly 20 years after 1973--when abortion became legal, crimes rates uniformly dropped across the board. Was that because of abortion or other factors, I know not, but they do correlate.

Here is an article on the drop in crime: 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/04/24/what-the-data-says-about-crime-in-the-us/

How have crime rates in the U.S. changed over time?

Both the FBI and BJS data show dramatic declines in U.S. violent and property crime rates since the early 1990s, when crime spiked across much of the nation.

Using the FBI data, the violent crime rate fell 49% between 1993 and 2022, with large decreases in the rates of robbery (-74%), aggravated assault (-39%) and murder/nonnegligent manslaughter (-34%). It’s not possible to calculate the change in the rape rate during this period because the FBI revised its definition of the offense in 2013.

_____

Can I add my general observations on violence in society? I think there is less acceptance of violence in general. We have anti-bullying campaigns now, which I not saying work or don't work, but just the fact the exist shows what society thinks, to a degree. There are way more protections for women now for domestic abuse--The Violence Against Women Act, for instance. I remember as a kid the Boston Bruins climbing into the stands to attack fans. That would be crazy now, as would many other outrageous acts of sports violence that are less tolerated. Gays are accepted and not simply made targets of violence. If you watch older movies, violence against women was common. Police violence against citizens is down, thanks to camera technology. 

• Like (+1) 1