Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I want the Patriots at 1pm to open the season.  Likely a rookie QB starting, in Buffalo.  I think that lines up for an easy win and starts things off right.  We have plenty of BIG games and will have plenty of primetime games.  But let that first one be a 1pm Sunday kick vs New England 

This is what I am hoping for as well. NE at home is a great chance to start the season 1-0.

• Like (+1) 1

The only scheduling I care about is no game in Miami until late November or December.  The league needs to allow visiting teams to use sunshades and cooling devices regardless of what the home team does.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And that happened because he was in London? The Bills went on to have a very good season, including finally getting the Chiefs at home in the playoffs, a full three months after returning from the UK. They just didn’t finish…again. 

Still losing your best defensive player on a weird rest week with the worst travel schedule possible because the league used your game as an experiment based on the advantages of travel to London on a short week, will derail part of your season anyways 

Just now, Monty98 said:

Still losing your best defensive player on a weird rest week with the worst travel schedule possible because the league used your game as an experiment based on the advantages of travel to London on a short week, will derail part of your season anyways 

Bills fans can be pretty odd. I know because I’ve been one for SIXTY years. Milano suffering from a broken leg had nothing to do with going to London. Yes, it happened there, but not because he jumped out of double decker bus while sightseeing at Windsor Castle. Did his injury hurt the Bills….i guess so, but they still ended up right where they wanted be, playing the Chiefs in Buffalo with the ball in theirs hands, deep in Chiefs territory and the game on the line. And where would Milano have been? Watching from the sideline while the Bills offense failed to convert a first down, and then missed a field goal. It ultimately changed nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bills fans can be pretty odd. I know because I’ve been one for SIXTY years. Milano suffering from a broken leg had nothing to do with going to London. Yes, it happened there, but not because he jumped out of double decker bus while sightseeing at Windsor Castle. Did his injury hurt the Bills….i guess so, but they still ended up right where they wanted be, playing the Chiefs in Buffalo with the ball in theirs hands, deep in Chiefs territory and the game on the line. And where would Milano have been? Watching from the sideline while the Bills offense failed to convert a first down, and then missed a field goal. It ultimately changed nothing. 

You can't say that, who's not to say he doesn't make a play against them were our 4th and 5th string linebacker didn't? Are you implying that Milano would have resulted in the same outcome on defense that Klein had us? It changes the amount of things that we can do defensively vs with Klein who was essentially signed off the street and Dorian Williams/Dodson. Having Milano easily could have resulted in a different outcome.

35 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

You can't say that, who's not to say he doesn't make a play against them were our 4th and 5th string linebacker didn't? Are you implying that Milano would have resulted in the same outcome on defense that Klein had us? It changes the amount of things that we can do defensively vs with Klein who was essentially signed off the street and Dorian Williams/Dodson. Having Milano easily could have resulted in a different outcome.

He is implying that blaming London for a super freak injury is stupid. Freak injuries happen all over every year whether overseas or not. There is a more compelling argument of against the turf in DET/NOLA and those injuries then what happened to Milano.

And the truth was that Chiefs game Buffalo had to basically be perfect and they got an A-/B+. Happens sh*tty luck

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Monty98 said:

Hello? 
The Bills had just beat the Chiefs on the ROAD a few weeks earlier WITHOUT Milano! 
The never ending list of excuses this fan base can cling to is nothing short of breathtaking. 

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

My fandom started because of the 1990 Bills team. When I would go to my grandparents he had the 1990 Bills Yearbook, watched that thing 24/7. He also had on tape a replay of the comeback game. Everything built from there. I remember back in the non electronic ticket days going downtown to a ticket office and my dad grabbing tickets for a game mid 90s.

My first playoff game I ever got to go to was the 2023 game vs Miami. I legit cried a little during kickoff just thinking about the family connection and the fact I finally got to see a game in person. It was fun haha

I must've watched that and the 91 Bills yearbook hundreds of times as a kid, they were phenomenally well done!  They had a major impact on me becoming the Bills diehard I am today 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I predict a lot of Sunday games right after church

They will get 4 or 5 primetime games. What I can do without is the 4:05/4:25 start. Unless the Bills are on the WC, they should play at 1:00 being an EC team.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:25 AM, frostbitmic said:

Buffalo @ Miami ... Sunday 1:00 PM.

Prime time

Buf @ Det

Buf @ NYJ

Buf @ Hou

Buf vs KC

Buf vs SF

Will the Bills have to give away another home game vs Jax in London again ?

Oh, man … NO Miami in September, please.    There should be a permanent agreement that game one is north and game two is south.

3 hours ago, Monty98 said:

I agree with everything, except for the “because” part.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Oh, man … NO Miami in September, please.    There should be a permanent agreement that game one is north and game two is south.

yeah Miami didn’t have a daytime home game last season until like Week 6 I believe.  The NFL finally wised up after seeing like 4 of our players basically collapse of heat stroke in that 2022 “Dorsey Smash” game.

• Like (+1) 1