Roast of Brady!

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

For a 6'5" guy who was married to the world's richest supermodel, Tom Brady exudes small D energy. Amazing how petty and petulant he is. What an angry little loser. Sure, he won a lot of football games, but he is a humorless weirdo. Eff him. 

Ha ha and yet he partook in a roast where people sat and crack jokes about him all night long....

Please make this post make sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha and yet he partook in a roast where people sat and crack jokes about him all night long....

Please make this post make sense.

WUT? He laughed at a joke about his billionaire money launderer (funneled money to his TB12 enterprise to avoid salary cap restrictions), Robert Kraft, then awkwardly and unprecedently leaned in and told a comedian "don't say that s#!t again." Okay. Yeah, that's confident energy at a roast when a 100% true topic is raised. Defending him is a funny bit. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

WUT? He laughed at a joke about his billionaire money launderer (funneled money to his TB12 enterprise to avoid salary cap restrictions), Robert Kraft, then awkwardly and unprecedently leaned in and told a comedian "don't say that s#!t again." Okay. Yeah, that's confident energy at a roast when a 100% true topic is raised. Defending him is a funny bit. 

He was roasted for 3 plus hours cause he asked to be...what sense are you making.

And come with receipts about money being handed to him under the table or your lying.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, boyst said:

Giselle bunchen is Also reportedly upset with the roast and how she was handled by the production/(unfunny) comics.

Really, from clips I saw only Bledsoe roasted him truly, appropriately, and in the nature of a roast. A lot of the other schmucks went after everyone else but Tom. 

After reading your posts, one question....have you ever seen a roast before?   Its what they do, they go after other people on the stage as well as the subject of the roast.  They get good jokes in but also say nice things about the person being roasted.   It's also for adults so there will be some swearing.   If that's not for you, that's fine, but maybe shouldn't opine on it.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

After reading your posts, one question....have you ever seen a roast before?   Its what they do, they go after other people on the stage as well as the subject of the roast.  They get good jokes in but also say nice things about the person being roasted.   It's also for adults so there will be some swearing.   If that's not for you, that's fine, but maybe shouldn't opine on it.

i've seen a bunch of roasts. they were much better a few decades ago. they revamped them about a dozen years ago and they started off well. somewhere between Pam Anderson and Hugh Hefner it was off track. Pam's was just mean and evil. Hugh's was awkward and forced without acknowledging the truth about his history and knowledge of very despicable acts. They literally laughed at someone who allowed and purveyed countless assaults and rapes and facilitated the grooming of many inappropriate relationships. The flip side was how they treated Anderson who was no worse or no better.

Jason Kelce somehow got it right. they made a mockery of a man who destroyed his own family trying to make it funny. it isn't. brady is a failed man because he abandoned his family, failed as a father and husband. i don't judge him for this in any real sense because i don't know him or care about him and only state this as facts.

Tom BRady chose his own selfish interests over his wife and families wellbeing. He chose himself and his interests when Monihan. No one is perfect and this is simply a factual statement that reserves any judgement.

edit

to the latter part about the swearing etc... i don't care about that or the idea that this is for adults. i just don't think it is something to glamorize or make light of when a man does not have his families best interests in mind.

by your logic somethign i do not like i should not have an opinion on or state something on? i don't even want to touch that level of gross idiocy with a ten foot pole because if you reread it then i can save us both time... your premise is flawed. "don't have an opinion on something you dislike."

Edited by boyst
  • Agree 1

One of the comedians Andrew Schulz confirmed on a podcast that there were only two rules…no happy ending jokes about Mr. Craft and nothing about Brady’s kids.  He also confirmed that when Brady went up to Jeff Ross after his massage joke during his set that it was real and a real warning.  

Ross was probably trying to toe the line by making a massage joke instead of a happy ending joke, but Brady squashed that immediately.  Doesn’t sound like there was any bad blood about it or anything, Ross just tried to get one in without mentioning happy endings and Brady shut it down before more tried.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Funny…first line is that this old cranky radio host (who makes a living being controversial and saying dumb things) is “in the minority” of not liking what most think is one of the best roasts of all time.  Then I see it’s a Fox News article and of course it makes even more sense.  

I get comedy varies for everyone by taste, and some may not love this roast.  But I honestly can’t fathom how someone could be so grumpy that they could categorize that roast as “unwatchable”.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny…first line is that this old cranky radio host is “in the minority” of not liking what most think is one of the best roasts of all time.  Then I see it’s a Fox News article and of course it makes even more sense.  

Some of you are so cranky and need to get out more and unwind geesh.  I can’t even fathom how someone could say the roast was unwatchable.  Then of course I clicked the link and realized it was one of the crankiest old dudes of all time on radio who makes a living being controversial and saying stupid stuff and of course put out by Fox News and that explained it all.  

Everyone has a different sense of humor, based on when they were born/how they were raised etc.

I was early 80s and my sense of humor/what I find funny is different than alot of my younger co-workers.

I don't think it's about needing to get out more or unwind.  Different strokes for different folks, and everyone matures at different stages in their life (some not at all).

Honestly having kids can change ones perspective/actions on a lot too, including humor.   Doesnt mean you become some uptight/grouch over night or lose sense of humor. Just things change.  This coming from a dad of a 6 year old.

Back to "Roasts", some people like myself grew up going to roasts/some family member being part of them OR watching.  My experience, they used to be more focused on that individual person and good humored jabs, yeah things crossed the line a touch but nothing meant to be cruel/ill-willed.  I could careless about language, but they weren't laced with as much profanity as now. 

Just a different tone to "roasts" now, again this isnt even coming from someone who is that old (40).  But to each their own on what they consider a "good roast" nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One of the comedians Andrew Schulz confirmed on a podcast that there were only two rules…no happy ending jokes about Mr. Craft and nothing about Brady’s kids.  He also confirmed that when Brady went up to Jeff Ross after his massage joke during his set that it was real and a real warning.  

Ross was probably trying to toe the line by making a massage joke instead of a happy ending joke, but Brady squashed that immediately.  Doesn’t sound like there was any bad blood about it or anything, Ross just tried to get one in without mentioning happy endings and Brady shut it down before more tried.

The Kraft rule seems super lame. People are claiming this was some fun free for all, yet they make Kraft jokes off limits. 

• Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The Kraft rule seems super lame. People are claiming this was some fun free for all, yet they make Kraft jokes off limits. 

There were plenty of Kraft jokes...did you even watch it?  The person getting roasted still has to agree to do the show, and its not uncommon at all to have a specific thing or two that are off limits.  Only thing off limits with Kraft was the happy ending jokes and then of course Brady's kids.  

17 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Everyone has a different sense of humor, based on when they were born/how they were raised etc.

I was early 80s and my sense of humor/what I find funny is different than alot of my younger co-workers.

I don't think it's about needing to get out more or unwind.  Different strokes for different folks, and everyone matures at different stages in their life (some not at all).

Honestly having kids can change ones perspective/actions on a lot too, including humor.   Doesnt mean you become some uptight/grouch over night or lose sense of humor. Just things change.  This coming from a dad of a 6 year old.

Back to "Roasts", some people like myself grew up going to roasts/some family member being part of them OR watching.  My experience, they used to be more focused on that individual person and good humored jabs, yeah things crossed the line a touch but nothing meant to be cruel/ill-willed.  I could careless about language, but they weren't laced with as much profanity as now. 

Just a different tone to "roasts" now, again this isnt even coming from someone who is that old (40).  But to each their own on what they consider a "good roast" nowadays.

Which is why I edited but apparently you replied before the edit posted.  I just cant fathom how it can be labeled "unwatchable" and I suspect the poster who posted that link to the shock jock radio host who makes a living saying unpopular and controversial things probably didn't even watch it themselves.  I mean there are multiple on here already slamming it who admittedly didn't even watch it.  

It reminds me when I went and worked on the broadcast team for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.  So many people told me how much it sucks there and how bored I will be...just to find out SLC and the surrounding areas were all awesome and I had an amazing time there and that literally all of the people telling me how bad it was had never even actually even been to Utah.

I find it annoying when people come in and spew negativity on things they didn't even experience.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There were plenty of Kraft jokes...did you even watch it?  The person getting roasted still has to agree to do the show, and its not uncommon at all to have a specific thing or two that are off limits.  Only thing off limits with Kraft was the happy ending jokes and then of course Brady's kids.  

Which is why I edited but apparently you replied before the edit posted.  I just cant fathom how it can be labeled "unwatchable" and I suspect the poster who posted that link to the shock jock radio host who makes a living saying unpopular and controversial things probably didn't even watch it themselves.  I mean there are multiple on here already slamming it who admittedly didn't even watch it.  

It reminds me when I went and worked on the broadcast team for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.  So many people told me how much it sucks there and how bored I will be...just to find out SLC and the surrounding areas were all awesome and I had an amazing time there and that literally all of the people telling me how bad it was had never even actually even been to Utah.

I find it annoying when people come in and spew negativity on things they didn't even experience.  

I was responding to your "unedited" post, about ppl being cranky/needing to get out more.  I do see you edited that part out now.

All good, seems you changed your tune after editing. 

There's people who think this is the "best ever" while some think it's "unwatchable/horrible". 

I'm personally in the middle.  Solid, but way too long IMO, and some very good lines/jokes, some really poor ones/bad delivery.  Some topics that were joked on perfectly, others I thought would be better left out. But overall I'd only watch again if edited to like an hour, 3 hours wasn't necessary again JMO.  

But agree with you, if anyone is making a "strong" stance should definitely watch the entire thing/at least watch the first hour.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I understand, but regardless, Kraft’s “transgressions” being off limits for jokes is super lame. Krafts’s antics were actually one of the more humorous parts of that franchise. I’d find him likable if he could handle a joke. Just my opinion though. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Celebs typically have fragile ego’s. I’m fully convinced most jokes at these roasts are shared with the person being honored before they are read aloud. I think it’s akin to believing any “reality” television. 

38 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I understand, but regardless, Kraft’s “transgressions” being off limits for jokes is super lame. Krafts’s antics were actually one of the more humorous parts of that franchise. I’d find him likable if he could handle a joke. Just my opinion though. 

As one poster said. There were other jokes about Kraft. He was there, BB was there and Brady was there.. all getting joked on...

So one joke out of a million jokes told at their expense for hours and 1 off limits joke makes him lame for it?

You got people in here who can't even handle the swearing that went on in the roast.

On 5/6/2024 at 4:09 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah, typing I was only recalling some of the comics, but either way, I don't blame them and would have too.  

Julian saying "people always asked me how big Gronks dick was, they forget there was another tight end hung"  (paraphrasing).  He definitely isn't a comedian.