OBJ To Miami

23 hours ago, SCBills said:

We said this last year. 

They’ll boat race bad teams again.  

Remains to be seen if their defense has enough to stop elite QB’s and if Tua can man up against good teams when the weather turns cold. 

We own Miami.  We are just a much tougher team across the board.  

They know it and we know it.  

McDaniel doesn’t look like an NFL coach or act like an NFL coach.  I seriously think that plays a part.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Yikes--is there anything, any move, any aspect of the team that you actually like?

I am very critical at times, but to throw hate at almost every move they make is crazy.  Get a new team--find one you actually like maybe, and don't despise?

Because I wanted them to grab more than one or a better wr in the draft? Or another free agent? Maybe I’m just more opinionated that you are and don’t just accept every move  as a cheerleader. 

Still looks like he has some juice left to me. Would’ve preferred him to Claypool, but even if we were offering slightly more than Miami on the contract (which I doubt), he was 100% choosing to live in Miami instead of Buffalo (or KC) all day. Anyone claiming Tua tipped the scales is hilarious. 

btw - when are they tying themselves to Tua on a long term deal already? Get it done so I can feel “secure” with their future. 

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What if I told you that since 2020 when he entered the league, Claypool has more catches, yards and TDs then OBJ?

No room around here for the truth.

I'll admit I had to look that up to confirm.  Interesting. 

I didn't give much hope for the Claypoole signing but now I want him to get his stuff together and perform.

It would piss off so many on this board.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

It’s comical to read over on their boards that “obj picked Miami” etx., insinuating it’s because they’re good or something.  Or that players wanna play w Tua.  Lmao. 

It’s not like the sun, beaches or atmosphere had anything to do with it. 

OBJ at this point in his career is about money. No state taxes in Florida was more the deciding factor than anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No room around here for the truth.

I'll admit I had to look that up to confirm.  Interesting. 

I didn't give much hope for the Claypoole signing but now I want him to get his stuff together and perform.

It would piss off so many on this board.

I for one will never be "pissed off" if a Bills' player performs well. I'd be happier taking a chance on Claypool if the top of the WR room had another quality starter one could comfortably pencil in as a reliable asset, rather than acquiring numerous last chance tickets with a risky potential benefit. I know the investment is quite different, but if Beane is comfortable bringing in the likes of Claypool and Cephus, I sure wish he would have gone and grabbed Mitchell in the mid-second round (with a small trade-up from 60 obviously).

I understand that means you don't get Bishop, who I like a lot. Maybe if you are a marginal player, they roll the dice, I dunno.

Edited by Dr. Who

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I for one will never be "pissed off" if a Bills' player performs well. I'd be happier taking a chance on Claypool if the top of the WR room had another quality starter one could comfortably pencil in as a reliable asset, rather than acquiring numerous last chance tickets with a risky potential benefit. I know the investment is quite different, but if Beane is comfortable bringing in the likes of Claypool and Cephus, I sure wish he would have gone and grabbed Mitchell in the mid-second round (with a small trade-up from 60 obviously).

I understand that means you don't get Bishop, who I like a lot. Maybe if you are a marginal player, they roll the dice, I dunno.

I'll admit I thought Beane was going to double-dip WR in the draft.

It's over so I'm just looking forward to see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Because I wanted them to grab more than one or a better wr in the draft? Or another free agent? Maybe I’m just more opinionated that you are and don’t just accept every move  as a cheerleader. 

No, because of what I said, that almost every single move the Bills make you rip apart as if they were the NFL team you not only were not a fan of, but hated, despised.  Almost every player move, coaching move, game decision, you rip into as if this Bills team was the lowest quality, worst, least successful team that has ever played a down in the NFL. 

Instead of one of the most successful teams, and coaching staffs, in football over the last 5 years, one that not only wins its division every year, but contends for a championship.  This year they almost beat the eventual SB winner--and with a team decimated by injuries.

They "punted on the draft'!  Just like your hyperbolic, crazy analysis of the Bills' players, coaches, and front office, you take what is likely an outstanding draft and trash it completely. Out of control, irrational analysis.

I know you won't change your ways, but I ask you:  What did the Bills do to you so that you hate everything about them?

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

No, because of what I said, that almost every single move the Bills make you rip apart as if they were the NFL team you not only were not a fan of, but hated, despised.  Almost every player move, coaching move, game decision, you rip into as if this Bills team was the lowest quality, worst, least successful team that has ever played a down in the NFL. 

Instead of one of the most successful teams, and coaching staffs, in football over the last 5 years, one that not only wins its division every year, but contends for a championship.  This year they almost beat the eventual SB winner--and with a team decimated by injuries.

They "punted on the draft'!  Just like your hyperbolic, crazy analysis of the Bills' players, coaches, and front office, you take what is likely an outstanding draft and trash it completely. Out of control, irrational analysis.

I know you won't change your ways, but I ask you:  What did the Bills do to you so that you hate everything about them?

Dude - they traded down and took one of lower ranked wr options. They could have gone big and moved up for odunze, gone less big and got Thomas. They traded back and let 3 more wr come off the board. I would call that punting. I hope they are right and Coleman outperforms the rest. 

As for your other stuff. I believe they are a legit WR away from a serious superbowl contender. They are even without one. But a legit wr would be a huge impact. I didn’t know that made me not a fan and hate the team. I don’t like how they addressed the position. Didn’t like it last year or year before and this year even more. It has been the biggest downfall in my opinion. Hopkins on this team last year and we are in the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Dude - they traded down and took one of lower ranked wr options. They could have gone big and moved up for odunze, gone less big and got Thomas. They traded back and let 3 more wr come off the board. I would call that punting. I hope they are right and Coleman outperforms the rest. 

As for your other stuff. I believe they are a legit WR away from a serious superbowl contender. They are even without one. But a legit wr would be a huge impact. I didn’t know that made me not a fan and hate the team. I don’t like how they addressed the position. Didn’t like it last year or year before and this year even more. It has been the biggest downfall in my opinion. Hopkins on this team last year and we are in the Super Bowl.  

Well, I generally like the takes of the fella you are arguing with, but this is correct on all points I think.

What I will say is they could not have gone big or probably even less big without sacrificing filling all the holes.

Clearly, that is and remains Beane's recipe. It gets you to the playoffs, but you don't have the elite playmakers that help you advance.

Caveat: I was fine with Kincaid. He's an excellent selection. 

Still hoping Beane has a post 6/1 move to add a significant piece to the WR room.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:57 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Miami has had problems with teams that physically lineup and pound on them this doesn’t help with that. 
Dolphins really haven’t moved the needle to me one way or another this off season they are the AFC Dallas Cowboys. 
Can look flashy against poor teams…play a solid team and results usually go the other way.

Wilkins is going to be missed big time! 

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I generally like the takes of the fella you are arguing with, but this is correct on all points I think.

What I will say is they could not have gone big or probably even less big without sacrificing filling all the holes.

Clearly, that is and remains Beane's recipe. It gets you to the playoffs, but you don't have the elite playmakers that help you advance.

Caveat: I was fine with Kincaid. He's an excellent selection. 

Still hoping Beane has a post 6/1 move to add a significant piece to the WR room.

I think it was the right move not to sell the farm for one of the big 3 WRs.  First, they might be a bust.  Second, we’ll be a better team with the players selected and we are in good shape for the 25 draft.  

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

People here will criticize this signing but praise the signing of Claypool. Make it make sense.

Miami doesn't need a relatively expensive, possibly washed up veteran WR to make them a better team.  They need big time help on their defense since two of their best defenders are coming off serious injuries, one an Achilles and one a MCL plus they lost at least one DLer and a LBer in FA.   They could also use some OL improvement.

Claypool is a cheap veteran who could significantly upgrade the Bills WR room if he can recover the form he displayed in his first two seasons.  If he doesn't work out, he's gone.

Edited by SoTier

16 hours ago, ngbills said:

Okay, great to hear that you are a Bills fan and really do want them to win it all...

But give things more of a chance. Like this draft.

The Bills spent a year, thousands of hours, flew many thousands of miles, watched thousands of hours of games, both live and on tape, as it was the sole mission of many men in the scouting department and front office to find the players that can help the Bills take the next step and win a Super Bowl.

To say the Bills punted on this draft was wrong, makes no sense--especially when  fans, like you and me, have likely never seen most of our new Bills  play in college--and when they have not yet played a single down for our team.

While no one gets an 'A' for effort,  have an open mind about our new Bills, and this draft, something this team has devoted a year, and for many, most of their waking hours, to improve so they can help bring a championship to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

I think it was the right move not to sell the farm for one of the big 3 WRs.  First, they might be a bust.  Second, we’ll be a better team with the players selected and we are in good shape for the 25 draft.  

The top 3 have relatively high floors, I think, but the price would have been exorbitant. My concern about the draft is partly driven by the fact that Coleman was not a fella I was high on. I'm concerned about the lack of separation. He does have some good traits, obviously, including, it turns out, an entirely engaging personality and apparent good character. So, I hope Beane made a solid decision.

We are in good shape for 2025. 

• Like (+1) 1