Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

I do think that Kim's absence is what has led to the degrading of the team's apparent care for the fanbase.  She was always the champion for the fans.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

well, that's obviously not what this story is about--I think you understand this.

And sure, maybe his son in law was so bad at his job that Terry waited until Jessica wrote that piece about her mother's current condition (for which we rightly thanked her) before he fired the guy (and subsequently gave a share to another daughter).  That makes total sense!!  He was that bad---and the timing of Terry finally realizing this was just coincidence!!

Again, I'm not all up in the details of it, but there has been all sorts of skeevy business going on in the PSE front office from Russ Brandon, to Ron Raccuia, to John Roth and Kathryn D'Angelo being fired last Fall for being unable to keep their Bowsers Truckled.  As I recall there was a shakeup and John Roth was brought on board in January 2023.  Jessica Pegula's Players Tribune article was published February 7th.  Unclear to me when her husband was fired.  

But the thing is, if the Pegulas had a culture of "lifers" as the Bills had under Wilson, it would stand out that someone close to the family got fired.  As it is, it seems as though the business side of the Bills and Sabres has lived in a constant state of churn especially the last couple of years.  Whether it's well-needed churn or destructive churn, I couldn't tell you.  Taylor Gahagen was probably fired for cause, not just let go given the choice of words - but whether it was because Jessica and he are now "outlaws" to the Pegula family (as Graham implies) or because he was felt to be doing a poor job (maybe too much time jetting about to his wife's matches and not enough minding the business?) or because, in a culture where bousers seem to be untruckled all over the place, maybe his also unfastened

Unless proven otherwise I think it's more likely than not that:

1) Jessica wouldn't have written that article for the Player's Tribune without at least running it by her siblings and father.  So I don't think publishing that somehow cast her out of the fold

2) her husband's firing is most likely related to his OTJ performance and churn in the Pegula business offices

Remember, Tim Graham is seeking clicks and subscribers for the Athletic, so it's in his interest to sensationalize where he can

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 5/1/2024 at 4:58 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s another older son who we don’t hear much about. I believe he’s actually the biggest fan of the Buffalo teams. Use to post on twitter like any of us. Even before they bought the teams. We never see him though.

He was thrown into the Sarlac Pit for an insolent twitter post in March.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Again, I'm not all up in the details of it, but there has been all sorts of skeevy business going on in the PSE front office from Russ Brandon, to Ron Raccuia, to John Roth and Kathryn D'Angelo being fired last Fall for being unable to keep their Bowsers Truckled.  As I recall there was a shakeup and John Roth was brought on board in January 2023.  Jessica Pegula's Players Tribune article was published February 7th.  Unclear to me when her husband was fired.  

But the thing is, if the Pegulas had a culture of "lifers" as the Bills had under Wilson, it would stand out that someone close to the family got fired.  As it is, it seems as though the business side of the Bills and Sabres has lived in a constant state of churn especially the last couple of years.  Whether it's well-needed churn or destructive churn, I couldn't tell you.  Taylor Gahagen was probably fired for cause, not just let go given the choice of words - but whether it was because Jessica and he are now "outlaws" to the Pegula family (as Graham implies) or because he was felt to be doing a poor job (maybe too much time jetting about to his wife's matches and not enough minding the business?) or because, in a culture where bousers seem to be untruckled all over the place, maybe his also unfastened

Unless proven otherwise I think it's more likely than not that:

1) Jessica wouldn't have written that article for the Player's Tribune without at least running it by her siblings and father.  So I don't think publishing that somehow cast her out of the fold

2) her husband's firing is most likely related to his OTJ performance and churn in the Pegula business offices

Remember, Tim Graham is seeking clicks and subscribers for the Athletic, so it's in his interest to sensationalize where he can

Graham takes a lot of heat here for breaking stories.  Theres nothing sensationalistic about this story or his presentation.  

He has infinitely more details than you and I have regarding this.  I have no reason to doubt the facts he has written his story on.

Her husband was let go after the article was published.

The “churn” you describe has really and simply been Pegula concentrating the control of the teams…on Terry Pegula.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Graham takes a lot of heat here for breaking stories.  Theres nothing sensationalistic about this story or his presentation.  

He has infinitely more details than you and I have regarding this.  I have no reason to doubt the facts he has written his story on.

The “churn” you describe has really and simply been Pegula concentrating the control of the teams…on Terry Pegula.

I agree.   I’ve been blocked by Tim Graham on X for mild pushback on something, so I’ve dealt with his thin skin, but he usually pushes back on sensationalism and is probably one of the few local reporters who break news about the Bills/Sabres ownership and. front office. He’s a good reporter whatever faults in his personality. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Again, I'm not all up in the details of it, but there has been all sorts of skeevy business going on in the PSE front office from Russ Brandon, to Ron Raccuia, to John Roth and Kathryn D'Angelo being fired last Fall for being unable to keep their Bowsers Truckled. 

Good lord, I figured out...you're the Sheriff from the 'Homer Price' kids books. 🤨

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you think it’s possible that the “heat” Graham generates is because he is a documented disingenuous liar?

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you think it’s possible that the “heat” Graham generates is because he is a documented disingenuous liar?

When Timmy G told EJ we should draft another QB, he told no lies.

On 5/1/2024 at 7:15 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Go Tim Graham!!! Thanks for putting this behind a paywall. How about just reporting the news to the only (biggest) Bills fan board on the web. Maybe John Wawrow will give us some insight. Stay well, Kim! You’re the best. 

That reminds me... I am due to see the proctologist.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any examples?

On 5/3/2024 at 10:38 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

The only eyebrow raising thing here is the firing of the son-in-law.  

When you think about it, it’s not.  I wonder if we’re thinking about this all wrong.  Perhaps it’s not KIM’s health that’s the catalyst for this.  Read between the lines on that point.  

On 5/4/2024 at 9:20 AM, 4merper4mer said:

where is he lying in that article?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

where is he lying in that article?

I have no idea

Because I didn’t read it

Because he is a documented liar and antagonist, mostly toward the Bills

Which I realize likely elevates him in your eyes

Which is your prerogative so I have no qualms with it

• Haha (+1) 2

It makes sense, a football team is a business and Laura Pegula is an executive at one of Terry's energy companies, with a degree in Geology, I'd assume she has a solid math background.

Jessica is an athlete and should put her efforts into being the best Tennis player she can be.

I could understand Terry losing some interest in his teams as it was something he planned on doing with Kim. He could also become more focused to bring a championship to Buffalo for Kim's sake.

GO BILLS ... GO KIM ... We're rooting for you.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I have no idea

Because I didn’t read it

Because he is a documented liar and antagonist, mostly toward the Bills

Which I realize likely elevates him in your eyes

Which is your prerogative so I have no qualms with it

You’re too easy…