Jacksonville releases Zay Jones. Homecoming?

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not necessarily over anyone. But he would be an outside receiver while Shakir and Samuel both take a lot of slot targets. And Samuel probably has the gadget and screen play targets too.

But I'm not advocating for Zay Jones. I don't really want to sign him.

We’re severely underestimating Samuel. 

Samuel is going to probably be a 80 catch 1000 yard WR for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

To be clear bad players get released good players get traded.  He wasn’t great but he wasn’t bad either. 

Oh bad players get traded, we have a history of them on both side of that coin haha

I wouldn’t hate Zay, but I think at 29 he will hold out for the right opportunity. He offers nothing on special teams, and I doubt he cracks the Big 4 (Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Coleman) here. 

He can go to Pitt and probably be their top guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah, and I expect him to be moved around a lot. Not an exclusive outside guy, or slot guy.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think his numbers will average out to that, but he won’t get there. Coleman’s role will increase as the season progresses and Shakir will get targets. 

I can see him having 1000 all purpose yards, though. 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t want anyone taking snaps from Shakir or Coleman. How many WRs do people think will get meaningful snaps and targets?

People don't like the Coleman pick, so they are looking for another toy.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

To be clear bad players get released good players get traded.  He wasn’t great but he wasn’t bad either. 

To be clear, thats not accurate.  Morse is still a good player, and he got released for cap reasons.  When a team in significant need of WR help dumps a cheap WR for a 5th round pick, they are not good at their job.  Zay was very much bad at his job here.  

And by your account anyway, he must suck still because as you said bad players get cut.  Zay was just cut.  Jax thought so little of him they signed Gabe Davis then drafted Thomas when they badly need CB help with some of the best corners in the draft on the board at that pick.  Then soon as draft is over...bye Zay.

He is not good.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Anticipating unprecedented levels of production is severely overestimating Samuel. 

Why? John Brown, Beasley, and Diggs all had career years with Allen. Why wouldn’t Samuel have a career year?

Samuel is getting 100+ targets next year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Anticipating unprecedented levels of production is severely overestimating Samuel. 

For Samuel to have 1000 yards we’d have to have injuries to Kinciad, Shakir, and probably Coleman. He’s definitely capable of having one of those Stevie Johnson or John Brown type “#1 by default” 1000 yard seasons, but man we don’t want that scenario 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

For Samuel to have 1000 yards we’d have to have injuries to Kinciad, Shakir, and probably Coleman. He’s definitely capable of having one of those Stevie Johnson or John Brown type “#1 by default” 1000 yard seasons, but man we don’t want that scenario 

Maybe Shakir is our top WR target next year but I’m pretty confident it’s going to be Samuel. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe Shakir is our top WR target next year but I’m pretty confident it’s going to be Samuel. 

Definitely possible! Samuel will have more opportunities in the backfield as well. 

Are we all in agreement Kincaid is the top target next year?

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t want anyone taking snaps from Shakir or Coleman. How many WRs do people think will get meaningful snaps and targets?

I'm good with Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and Kincaid being our main receiving group with Knox, Cook and Davis/Johnson mixed in.. but I'd like a WR4 to rotate in on 4 wide sets and as WR depth. 

-Two seasons ago we entered the playoffs with street free agents taking meaningful snaps at WR

-Last year we lost Davis at the end of the season and had Sherfield as a starting WR in the playoffs

• Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bad players get traded all the time 

Beane traded for Benjamin

Kelvin Sheppard was traded for Hughes

Russel Bodine.

I don’t think Pats have traded with us since lol

Just now, SCBills said:

I'm good with Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and Kincaid being our main receiving group with Knox, Cook and Davis/Johnson mixed in.. but I'd like a WR4 to rotate in on 4 wide sets and as WR depth. 

-Two seasons ago we entered the playoffs with street free agents taking meaningful snaps at WR

-Last year we lost Davis at the end of the season and had Sherfield as a starting WR in the playoffs

The guy to watch at WR4 is Hamlin, but in all reality if we go out with 4-wide and no inline TE, it will likely be Kincaid in one of the slot positions. 

Even in 5-receiver sets, it’s probably Cook or Knox as the 5th target. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I was hoping to have a young talented 4/5 WR on the roster. A 3rd-4th rounder. I guess that’s Shorter, Hamler or Cephus.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede