So day 1 was a bust

Whkfc

As far as having a new guy to talk about. But we are well positioned for tomorrow.  Who are 2-3 receivers you still like? And who do you think they take?

I like Polk and McConkey however I think they are gonna take Franklin. The Bills have more documented visits with him that amy other prospect and they have a track record of selecting guy they have multiple meetings with

• Like (+1) 1

I agree about Franklin. The thing that I heard about Leggett is that he's pretty dumb so I don't hate not taking him. And Worthy gives me John Ross vibes. I think they wanted Odunze or Thomas but when that didn't happen they were happy to move down and collect capital while still getting their guy. No one will accuse them of reaching for Franklin and/or McConkey tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Benjamin Franklin was a notorious womanizer and James K Polk was one of the worst Presidents in American history. #justsayin

But Franklin would bring some “electricity” to the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Nelius said:

It’s going to be McConk nation. The setup is too perfect.

Kincaid and McConkey. Not just a sketchy sounding law firm, it’s also our future.

If he didn't have the injury history, I would be down. He is fluid and an elite route runner with great hands.  But he can't stay on the field. 

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

But Franklin would bring some “electricity” to the offense.

I know everything that every kid in America knows about Franklin, but I recently learned that he f-ed every woman that he could get his hands on even after he was married. I mean, given the fact that he's been dead for over 200 years I guess that doesn't matter, but it is a data point. 

Going into round one the Bills trading back and getting a 3rd round pick was my second preferred outcome behind trading up for Brian Thomas Jr..  Getting the #33 pick with McConkey and Mitchell still on the board is fantastic imo..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If he didn't have the injury history, I would be down. He is fluid and an elite route runner with great hands.  But he can't stay on the field. 

I know everything that every kid in America knows about Franklin, but I recently learned that he f-ed every woman that he could get his hands on even after he was married. I mean, given the fact that he's been dead for over 200 years I guess that doesn't matter, but it is a data point. 

The Office teaches all we need to know about Ben Franklin…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

It’s going to be McConk nation. The setup is too perfect.

Kincaid and McConkey. Not just a sketchy sounding law firm, it’s also our future.

I now envision that the 1st pick of the 2nd will be Dejean so they can play him at safety.  Then maybe they take a WR with their original 2nd.

I just can’t get over trading with KC so they can add an offensive weapon.  There had been talk of KC trying to move ahead of the Bills to get a WR ahead of them, but instead the Bills helped them.

You just don’t do that when the other team is one you haven’t been able to beat in the playoffs. 

I’ve disagreed in the past with those wanting McD fired.  Now, if KC wins a 3rd straight Super Bowl, beating the Bills to get there again, I’d get rid of the whole lot of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I now envision that the 1st pick of the 2nd will be Dejean so they can play him at safety.  Then maybe they take a WR with their original 2nd.

I just can’t get over trading with KC so they can add an offensive weapon.  There had been talk of KC trying to move ahead of the Bills to get a WR ahead of them, but instead the Bills helped them.

You just don’t do that when the other team is one you haven’t been able to beat in the playoffs. 

I’ve disagreed in the past with those wanting McD fired.  Now, if KC wins a 3rd straight Super Bowl, beating the Bills to get there again, I’d get rid of the whole lot of them.

The Bills must of really thought low about Worthy to make that move. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Well, they met with him for a top 30 visit. Safe to say they feel like he ain't Tyreek Hill.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, US Egg said:

So is McBeane believing there is a #1 WR still on the board?

in the second round are you looking for single trait players that could possibly develop into a number 1?

example: is worthy currently just an undersized speedster that you hope can develop into more?

is McConkey a high floor slot receiver that you hope can begin to play on the outside effectively.

this is unlike the top 3 WRs that went early who have multiple traits (thus why they are top 10 picks).

So what trait does Beane value and does hedraft for that trait or for something. The team is currently lacking? Speed, hands, route running, contested catches. And hope other traits develop with pro level coaching? 

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Yeah, his size is considered a detriment vs press coverage.  I read one comment that said he was definitely not close to Tyreek Hill, who is 20# heavier.   The NFL comparison for Worthy is Tank Dell, which still isn’t bad.

The NFL Comp for McConkey is EJ Moore, which doesn’t excite me.