Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When I watched his tape instead of reading reports and watching a single highlight video. That post was after my very first foray into the class. I spent an embarrassing amount of time watching tape of the top 8 or so guys.

Every true Bills' fan wants him to succeed. I hope you're right. It's clear they think he can be a boundary X, because I'm sure they don't want to take Kincaid off the field.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I am traditionally against pure contested catch guys. I ended up seeing more from Coleman than I expected.

He was a great pick. He’s the only guy I wanted. He’s a former Spartan and I’m from Michigan. 

29 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

It’s still too slow! Devante Adams and Antonio Brown both ran 4.56. They were both busts too. Only slot guys. 

We need a burner!!!  What is Beane thinking!!

4.57 for DeAndre Hopkins.

As long as Coleman has good game speed, he'll be fine and fans will be thanking their lucky stars for his combination of great hands and solid 6'4" frame.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I go on record as saying when I heard about the pick and I was bummed.  Then I remembered about how in the fall everyone was talking about Keon being an elite draft prospect in the same tier as the top 3-4 guys.  Then Florida State lost their QB.  Then Keon ran a 💩 40 at the combine, but among the fastest mph in the gauntlet drill.  Caught my attention.  I’m kind of ambivalent, tbh, but I’m willing to give Beane the benefit of the doubt.  Welcome, Keon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

As long as he has good game speed, he'll be fine and fans will be thanking their lucly stars for his combination great hands and solid 6'4" frame.

Yeah, if Hopkins is the comp and it comes true, it's a home run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Yup Beano and McClappy at their finest,  already blowing the first pick of this years draft.  And this is what we get after all the BS at the end of the first round.  We get a super slow-mo WR.  Instead of Worthy, Legette or Mitchell !!!!!

WTF........

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

People treating three attempts at the 40 yard dash from mostly non track athletes as gospel is real head scratching.  Its not terribly far from meaningless 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

As long as Coleman has good game speed, he'll be fine and fans will be thanking their lucky stars for his combination great hands and solid 6'4" frame.

He's actually 6'3"&1/4 so if your rounding it should be down

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Is there a whole lot of difference between him and Davis.  

Guess we'll find out.  Franklin had better not light things up somewhere.  He's a lot closer to what we needed with a notably greater upside.  

Oh well, they're the "experts."  LOL  

Yeah, there's a difference...he can catch the ball.

This will take all of one game and this forum will be drooling. We haven't had a WR like Coleman before. He's an elite athlete. Could have started for MSU basketball. Physical as all hell and actually quick for a strider. Elite vertical, hands. Flashed in every FSU game you watch. He stands out. We are lucky, couldn't be more excited. My closest friend, also a MSU grad said he was better than Plaxico and I believe it. Again, just watch a few FSU games. He always does something ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So for you guys who don't like the pick, Greg Cosell is lukewarm about it, based on film.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/greg-cosell-top-wrs-left-for-the-bills-on-day-2-of-the-nfl-draft

He really likes Adonai Mitchell, based on film

I think he said Mitchell has potential effort/character concerns also…probably why he fell. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan