Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You get separation from a number of things, least of all forty times.  He has plenty of athleticism to separate at the next level and it’s going to come from technique.  And at Florida St they didn’t focus on this enough with him, but he’s shown the ability to do it.  At the next level the coaching in staff is going to focus on his technique and release because he proved he has plenty of short area burst and athleticism to excel there.

There have been a lot of guys who came out where separation was a knock on college but showed they had the athleticism to be able to utilize technique at the next level.  It’s why guys like Kupp, St. Brown, etc have all gone on to have great success.  

If a player lacks that athleticism (see Gabe Davis) then the ability to develop the techniques and routes that will allow them to consistently win at the next level isn’t as likely.

You need to know what you are looking at to know who can improve and who can’t.  It’s why people high on Allen could see the potential to be accurate by seeing he had the tools, intelligence, commitment, coach-ability, etc to make the improvements in technique and showed he could do it early leading up to the draft.  

Coleman has that.  He has that drive, commitment and athleticism to continue to develop and improve where he needs to in order to win consistently in the NFL.  

Will he?  Who knows.  But he’s the kind of prospect I like to bet on.  This kid has an it factor that a lot of players don’t.  He has the right attitude, mentality, confidence, swagger, and competitive drive that sets a prospect up for reaching their potential.  

To me…if DeAndre Hopkins and Brandon Marshall had a baby, that’s Coleman except Coleman is more athletic and humble.  That’s who I see when I watch him.  And Coleman ran a faster 40 than both of them.  

How do you know what FSU did or didn't focus on with Coleman?

Just because there were rumors that the Patriots wanted Keon Coleman and that’s why the Bills didn’t move down from 33. Could have also been the reason why Morgan moved up 1 spot out of fear that maybe the Patriots wanted Legette so two friends helped each other out 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

our offense can’t run through Josh for 20 games. He won’t make it.

I don't mean running Josh, I mean let Josh use his arm and brains to distribute the ball. If Josh is playing well we are unstoppable. In the perfect game vs the Pats Diggs only had 3 catches for 60 yards but we had 4 receivers with 3 or more catches. That is the offense we want to go to IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

I said for months that the Bills would love his leadership and character traits and that he was the type of player they would love because of his maximum effort and doing the small things it takes to win. 

Most didn’t want to hear that cause they read a couple scouting reports and wanted more speed guys 

• Like (+1) 7

The funny thing is that everyone loves this pick for this franchise. I haven't heard or read even one person say it was a bad pick for the Bills (i agree), however, Bills fans in all of their infinite wisdom and YouTube knowledge are the first ones to berate it and then, say our FO is wrong.......you know, when they were wrong about drafting JA, so i take this all with a grain of salt cause i've witnessed what this kid can do and he is electric.

Could it be that Bills fans are wrong?..........never, just ask them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The funny thing is that everyone loves this pick for this franchise. I haven't heard or read even one person say it was a bad pick for the Bills (i agree), however, Bills fans in all of their infinite wisdom and YouTube knowledge are the first ones to berate it and then, say our FO is wrong.......you know, when they were wrong about drafting JA, so i take this all with a grain of salt cause i've witnessed what this kid can do and he is electric.

Could it be that Bills fans are wrong?..........never, just ask them.

I said it in another thread everyone will bring up Gronk over Troup, Metcalf over Ford and Russ over Graham about how smart they were compared to the front office but I’m sure if I spammed this board over the last 5 years it will be 50-1 on guys like that compared to guys that were recommended that flopped on their ass 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

I think a good comp for Keon is Michael Pittman Jr.

both big receivers, play faster than 40 times (Pittman ran a 4.52).

I love the comp and the difference between these guys is just refinement in their game. You have a guy in Pittman whose dad played in the NFL, who was born and bred to do this thing, and you have a guy in Coleman who spent half his time playing basketball without the daily support of a former NFL player. Pittman was also much older when he came out and is already turning 27 this season. Coleman is a raw, young, unrefined version of a Pittman. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

His name is in the video you posted....... in the title......

Im sorry, i failed english and spelling in high school.  I just went with the phonetic spelling in my head, but thanks for pointing that out.

Do yourselves a favor and watch some Michigan and FSU games, not just YouTube highlights, but some actual full game footage and then tell me you don't like this kid. It's not just about the highlight reels, it's about the game aspects that you won't find on YouTube or social media.

.......i'll wait.