Media Day at OBD (Beane, McDermott, Josh & more)

Process

It's easy to read too much into comments this time of year, and perhaps Beane is trying to throw off other teams.

But, when I heard him talk about medicals and "we" (fans/media) question why they passed on a player (who has great highlights/media projections), along with mentals/versatile/unselfish. Just gets me thinking a guy like Mitchell is not the target.  He isn't very versatile, IMO, his lack of effort on plays/talk about his diabetes/etc

Again, could be overthinking it.  But I'm hearing versatile and guys I immediately think of at 28 or early RD2: Worthy, Franklin, Ladd, Coleman.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

So basically Beane won't confirm or deny what he's going to do, because he's not braindead, but he'll explain exactly how he feels about potentially doing the things people think he might do.

• Like (+1) 1

• Process changed the title to Media Day at OBD (Beane, McDermott, Josh & more)
1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So basically Beane won't confirm or deny what he's going to do, because he's not braindead, but he'll explain exactly how he feels about potentially doing the things people think he might do.

And the best example of this is marriage. I didn’t feel great about it, but I did it. 

Should have waited for next year’s selection. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well the chances of Spencer Brown being used to move up the board like Cordy Glenn just went up a bit 

By having more depth I suppose, but I doubt he wants to weaken the OL, he'd rather keep that together and keep letting Brown develop.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

By having more depth I suppose, but I doubt he wants to weaken the OL, he'd rather keep that together and keep letting Brown develop.

yes, but Brown has a history of back issues and is a UFA next year.  It's possible we won't re-sign him 

• Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well the chances of Spencer Brown being used to move up the board like Cordy Glenn just went up a bit 

it really does not make any sense.  Brown is a better player than collins at this point.  Collins always has an issue of some kind and since that car accident and his hip injury he is essentially just a guy.

Trading a player on draft day is also probably the worst time to ever trade a player.  Players are valued lower than the draft picks this time of year.  

They have worked hard to have a good line and now they do and it has some depth with more coming next week.  Weakening this group makes zero sense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

it really does not make any sense.  Brown is a better player than collins at this point.  Collins always has an issue of some kind and since that car accident and his hip injury he is essentially just a guy.

Trading a player on draft day is also probably the worst time to ever trade a player.  Players are valued lower than the draft picks this time of year.  

They have worked hard to have a good line and now they do and it has some depth with more coming next week.  Weakening this group makes zero sense.

I mean, I don't expect it....but it's possible IMO and maybe even something Beane has considered since Collins has a boatload of incentives for playing time 

Brown was pretty solid last season....but his value may never be higher 

• Haha (+1) 1