TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

36 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

WITH THE 90TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT:

COLE BISHOP SAFETY UNIVERSITY OF UTAH

I fully went in with the idea of taking a LB, IOL, or Isaac here but Haynes, Van Pran, Colson and Trotter all go off the board right before our pick. Bishop is a hell of a consolation prize for the Cardinals as he is my personal favorite safety in this draft. He is not the best one right now but I think 3 years down the line there is a strong possibility he is the best one.

Bishop possesses fantastic athletic ability and size and is a hell of a player in the run game both from inside of the box and running the alley from the deep safety spot. He has shown the ability to play one high safety, man to man on slot WR's and covering Tight Ends. This part of his game will have to be refined into the NFL game but with his smarts and athletic traits he should improve this part of his game exponentially.  In the real draft, I think Bishop has the possibility of going in round 2.

As for the fit with the Cardinals, he will come in at safety number 3 so he much like Benson can acclimate to the pro game before taking over at the Safety spot. Budda Baker is in the last year of his contract, doesn't want to play for a rebuild (which the Cardinals are doing) and will want to be paid one of the highest safeties in the league which doesn't seem frugal for a rebuilding NFL team to pay a Safety premium money hence the add of Bishop here.

He was on my list for #99 if he got there. I always thought he'd likely be gone though.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (H2o) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@H2o@Hermes@NewEra@mannc@Might Rather@julian@GunnerBill@Alphadawg7

Hey everyone, I'm switching to a 90 minute window for the remainder of this draft.  I want to be done with 1.0 by tonight, so 2.0 start-up can start tomorrow, with the draft starting on Wednesday.  With 2 rounds and trades, it just takes longer.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I went to bed at dark but the birds woke me up 3 minutes later. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 92nd pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....... Mason McCormick / G / South Dakota St.

It's back to the trenches again. McCormick is a super athletic Guard prospect who is coming from an FCS school where he dominated. He then gets an invite to the Shrine Bowl where he impressed scouts there. Then he goes on to the Combine and checks every athletic box you could possibly hope for, coming in at 7th best ALL TIME. The only box he didn't check at the Combine was the bench and he hit 32 reps at his Pro Day. He started the last 57 games of his career so he's also durable. We like the value here in a guy who could be something special on the interior of our OL. 

@Virgil and the Baltimore Ravens are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@H2o@Hermes@NewEra@mannc@Might Rather@julian@GunnerBill@Alphadawg7

Hey everyone, I'm switching to a 90 minute window for the remainder of this draft.  I want to be done with 1.0 by tonight, so 2.0 start-up can start tomorrow, with the draft starting on Wednesday.  With 2 rounds and trades, it just takes longer.  

If it doesn't get to me until too late I'll do first thing and then there is only @Alphadawg7 to go. But I will check here last thing before bed.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The 49ers (Hermes) are on the clock

With the 93rd pick in the TSW 1.0 mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah.  

The Ravens really debated RB here, but felt we needed defensive line support more.  We really wanted to go IOL, but the recent run on players didn't leave much value here.  

Emerging from a legacy steeped in NFL heritage, Jonah Elliss, DE/EDGE from Utah, has not just lived up to the expectations set by his lineage but has also carved a distinct niche for himself in the collegiate arena. From his freshman year in 2021, where he saw action in 10 games and tallied 4 tackles, 1 assist, and added 3 stops along with 11 total pressures (7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks), Elliss demonstrated early signs of his disruptive potential on the field.

His sophomore year in 2022 marked a significant leap, participating in 11 games and amassing 18 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. His pass-rushing prowess was on full display as he racked up 25 total pressures, including an impressive 21 QB hurries and 4 sacks, signaling his emergence as a formidable force on Utah's defensive line.

2023 saw Elliss reach new heights in his junior year, playing in 10 games and significantly increasing his snap count to 573. His stat line of 17 tackles, 6 assists, and 25 stops, complemented by a remarkable 41 total pressures (26 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and an outstanding 13 sacks), underscores a player who has not only embraced the Elliss family legacy but has also set the stage for a promising future at the professional level.

The San Francisco 49ers @Hermes are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If it doesn't get to me until too late I'll do first thing and then there is only @Alphadawg7 to go. But I will check here last thing before bed.

And I am usually up late, so if it gets to you and you get your pick in, I will see mine and get it done before the night is over here on the Westcoast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

With the 93rd pick in the TSW 1.0 mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah.  

The Ravens really debated RB here, but felt we needed defensive line support more.  We really wanted to go IOL, but the recent run on players didn't leave much value here.  

Emerging from a legacy steeped in NFL heritage, Jonah Elliss, DE/EDGE from Utah, has not just lived up to the expectations set by his lineage but has also carved a distinct niche for himself in the collegiate arena. From his freshman year in 2021, where he saw action in 10 games and tallied 4 tackles, 1 assist, and added 3 stops along with 11 total pressures (7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks), Elliss demonstrated early signs of his disruptive potential on the field.

His sophomore year in 2022 marked a significant leap, participating in 11 games and amassing 18 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. His pass-rushing prowess was on full display as he racked up 25 total pressures, including an impressive 21 QB hurries and 4 sacks, signaling his emergence as a formidable force on Utah's defensive line.

2023 saw Elliss reach new heights in his junior year, playing in 10 games and significantly increasing his snap count to 573. His stat line of 17 tackles, 6 assists, and 25 stops, complemented by a remarkable 41 total pressures (26 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and an outstanding 13 sacks), underscores a player who has not only embraced the Elliss family legacy but has also set the stage for a promising future at the professional level.

The San Francisco 49ers @Hermes are on the clock

He was my 4th guy. Isaac, Colson, Trotter, Elliss. That was my board at the start of this round for the Rams.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He was my 4th guy. Isaac, Colson, Trotter, Elliss. That was my board at the start of this round for the Rams.

Happy to cause the Rams pain and misery 😁

18 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

WRs make up 24% of the players drafted in the first 2 rounds?  Is this even remotely realistic?  

In my top 100 over 40% are WR and OL. I don't think it is miles off at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (NewEra) are on the clock

The Kansas City Chiefs feel blessed to be able to select Javon Baker, WR, UCF.

We stuck to our board in rd 1 and 2 and took who we thought were the best players and it turned out they were at premium positions (Edge and CB).  Doing the same here.  We didn’t think WR was as much of a need as the public so we banked on the depth of the position in this draft class and it paid off.   Very happy with this selection.

@mannc is on the clock

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (mannc) are on the clock

With the 96th selection in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select DJ James, CB, Auburn.  

With this comp pick, we’re able to add one of the three best man-coverage corners in this year’s draft.  Unlike the two Alabama corners who were picked in round 1, James was constantly asked to cover number 1 SEC receivers man-to-man and he held up very well.

We are extremely pleased with our top three picks this year, each of whom shores up an area of need:  Laiatu Latu, Roman Wilson and DJ James.

@Might Rather and the Cincinnati Burrows are on the clocks.

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (Might Rather) are on the clock

With the 97th selection of the 2024 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU

Wingo is a shade undersized, but his tape is fun to watch. He has three down-potential and we have confidence he can eventually become a starter.

@julian and the Steelers are on the clock 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (julian) are on the clock

With the 98th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select, Christian Jones, OL, Texas.

The Steelers decide to add another much needed piece to the oline competition by adding the Texas RT in hopes he can help stabilize the front along with 1st round selection JPJ.

@GunnerBilland the LA Rams are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (GunnerBill) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The San Francisco 49ers select Kris Abrams-Draine, DB, Missouri.

The Chiefs @NewEra are on the clock

Thanks for making the pick. I'll have to let someone else take the reigns next time around