There's Football On! - The Inaugural Game of the UFL Starts Now

sven233

Spring football has been around off and on the last few years as we all know.  But this year, the XFL and USFL have merged in an effort to put better football on the field and the league is kicking off with the XFL Champs vs the USFL Champs from last season. 

Kickoff is about ready to happen.  Who knows what the quality of football will end up being with the merger of leagues, but it might be worth a look if you are having a football craving.  There are some very familiar names in the league and they will obviously have presentation features that the NFL doesn't, but may someday.....who knows. 

GJ7vseTXQAE1QTD.thumb.jpg.4e885dde8652a86efd7e86f4581800fc.jpg

Edited by sven233

Both teams have moved the ball.  Both have turned it over when trying to score.  The football actually hasn't been terrible overall.  For us football junkies that just need a fix, I for one am glad it's on.  Hoping the league can continue to grow and develop.  Theoretically, the talent should be better this year on teams because there is only one league and not two to dilute the talent pool.  But yeah....it's good to have football.

I guess I forgot that they no longer have the XFL kickoff which I was looking forward to watching, but I like that they have a kickoff that more resembles a traditional kickoff.  Hopefully it's safe and maybe an option for the NFL in the future.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Removing running and punting makes no sense if this supposed to be football.

That darned forward pass ruined everything! EVERYTHING, I tell you!   

• Like (+1) 1

So in other words, what y’all are saying is that the product is mediocre at best…, 

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Watching the Battle Hawks play the Panthers, reminds me of a late season game between two NFL South teams with a combined 3-24 record. 

And the Battlehawks probably have the best QB in the league 

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

And the Battlehawks probably have the best QB in the league 

I don't think so. Top 3 are probably Ta'amu, Perez, Cookus, then maybe AJ. But AJ is not good. I haven't seen anyone say he's the top QB heading into this season. If Houston still had Walker, he'd be one of the best too, but I think he's still with the Browns.