Michigan getting ready to set the draft record

ESPNs latest 7 round mock draft has 16 Wolverines being selected this braking the previous record of the Joe Burrow LSU team and I admit there is some guys here who’d I love in Buffalo to add especially some of those day 3 guys 

1st Round: JJ McCarthy to Denver 

2nd Round: WR Roman Wilson, DB Mikey Sanristill, and DT Kris Jenkins 

3rd Round: LB Junior Colson and OL Zach Zinter

4th Round: RB Blake Corum 

6th Round: DL Braedon McGregor, OLDrake Nugent, OL Trevor Keegan, LB Michael Barrett, WR Cornelius Johnson , LB Jalen Harrell, and Trent Jones OL 

7th Round: OL Ladarius Henderson and TE KJ Barner

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What is your opinion on Roman Wilson?

He has some talent but I think he has been slightly overhyped by some in the process. He is very quick, but for someone with so much speed he isn't open as often as he should be and the reason is he is not a good route runner - often imprecise and gives up leverage willingly. I think some of that is coachable, and there has been some improvement in his hands but he is early 3rd round in terms of grade for me. He is in a little cluster with Ricky Pearsall and Javon Baker for me in my kind of 4th tier of receivers (would be a 3rd tier in most drafts) and I think I like him the least of those 3. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He has some talent but I think he has been slightly overhyped by some in the process. He is very quick, but for someone with so much speed he isn't open as often as he should be and the reason is he is not a good route runner - often imprecise and gives up leverage willingly. I think some of that is coachable, and there has been some improvement in his hands but he is early 3rd round in terms of grade for me. He is in a little cluster with Ricky Pearsall and Javon Baker for me in my kind of 4th tier of receivers (would be a 3rd tier in most drafts) and I think I like him the least of those 3. 

I follow Michigan football. This is spot on re Wilson.

I have been surprised by the hype, but maybe that’s what happens when you win the championship.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Gonna be a crazy, wild draft at WR when we look back in 5 years. So many WRs with talent that need to improve - or are permanently deficient - in one or more areas of their game. So many factors - development, talent, role, work ethic, QB, etc. - at play regarding each of their successes or failures. There are going to be a lot of GMs lauded and others taking real heat over this one. Just have to hope we take a good shot and hit. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Gonna be a crazy, wild draft at WR when we look back in 5 years. So many WRs with talent that need to improve - or are permanently deficient - in one or more areas of their game. So many factors - development, talent, role, work ethic, QB, etc. - at play regarding each of their successes or failures. There are going to be a lot of GMs lauded and others taking real heat over this one. Just have to hope we take a good shot and hit. 

I feel the same way about this years QB class. To me it looks iffy. Outside of Williams and possibly Maye, the rest don’t seem like first round picks.

But I’m usually wrong predicting talent so take it with a grain of salt. Lol

I leave it up to the people on this board though who have better track records than me. 👍🏻

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I follow Michigan football. This is spot on re Wilson.

I have been surprised by the hype, but maybe that’s what happens when you win the championship.  

A lot of the hype happened after the Senior Bowl, where Wilson was beating guys left and right.  Before that he was kind of seen as a late 2nd round guy.  He's kind of like McCarthy.  Underutilized in an offense that ran a very percentage of the time.  Hard to get a good read on guys like that.  But the speed is there, and the hands.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Westside said:

I feel the same way about this years QB class. To me it looks iffy. Outside of Williams and possibly Maye, the rest don’t seem like first round picks.

But I’m usually wrong predicting talent so take it with a grain of salt. Lol

I leave it up to the people on this board though who have better track records than me. 👍🏻

I have been totally confused by the QB class and all the draft predictions.

Caleb Williams feels like a total bust, yet he is the consensus 1.

Penix looks like a total stud, and then you hear he may not even go until the 2nd or 3rd round.

I have watched McCarthy a ton, and I have no idea how he will turn out as a pro. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, boyst said:

Like two of them will have NFL careers. McCarthy ain't gonna be one of them.

Which 2 are you referring to? 

Their OL will have at least 2 themselves, Sainistril will have a long career, Corum will have the average NFL RB career (length wise), Roman Wilson will at LEAST be a good special teamer and be in the league for 5-6 years (avg. is >3.).

IMO I think you're pretty far off with this assessment. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That LSU team had studs though - Burrow, Jefferson, Delpit even CEH and Chaisson who haven't panned out. That Michigan list reads like a lot of depth players to me. 

That team absolutely had more freak players and super stars in college.. Just absurd athletes.

The Michigan team and it's players are the fundamentally sound, REALLY well coached, heady/understand the game players. 

It's like the super fun Golden State Warriors with Steph/Klay/ KD 

Vs. the boring San Antonio Spurs Dynasty's