Mock Draft - Post Combine & First Wave Of FA - Updated On Page 2

H2o

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I take a crack at one of these every year. Based on the 2nd wave of FA prior to the draft, Pro Days, any other trades, and I update once more. It's something to do and I watch quite a bit of College football every year. It's fun to project who will land where. Here's my first crack at it: 

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams / QB / USC - This is fairly obvious. The Bears traded Justin Fields and Caleb is all but a forgone conclusion to go #1 at this point. The only thing that could change this pick is if the Bears are scared off by his medicals, which it was said he didn't share with everyone at the Combine for whatever reason. 

2. Washington Commanders - Drake Maye / QB / UNC - The reports going around at the Combine were the Commanders favor Maye over Daniels. Maye seems to process info quicker on the field and anticipate throws, where as Daniels relies on his athleticism a bit more and goes after the chunk plays more in earnest. I think he suits what Washington is looking for in a signal caller. 

3. New England Patriots - Jayden Daniels / QB / LSU - New regime, the failed Mac Jones experiment is over, and they go with a new signal caller. All of the talk of Brissett starting is just that, talk. They will draft the Heisman Trophy winner from LSU and cut him loose. Watching him play this past year for LSU made me think of a faster, more athletic version of Deshaun Watson when he played at Clemson. 

4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr. / WR / Ohio St. - Arizona takes one, and arguably the best, of the 3 upper echelon WR prospects in this draft. They have a huge hole in their WR corps and this is just the first of what I believe will be a couple of early picks to address that need for Kyler Murray. The group is currently littered with a bunch of JAG's. 

5. Los Angeles Chargers - Malik Nabers / WR / LSU - The Chargers cut Mike Williams and traded Keenan Allen to the Bears. All that remains for Justin Herbert is Joshua Palmer and last year's 1st Round pick Quentin Johnston. I know they just spent a 1st on Johnson, but I can't see them passing on Nabers or Odunze here. I think Nabers will be the choice here, but it could be either of the two. 

6. New York Giants - Rome Odunze / WR / Washington - The Giants OL was bad last year, and this pick very well could end up being Joe Alt, but their WR group is W-E-A-K, weak. They have the speedster in Jalin Hyatt, and a couple of Smurfs, but they need that alpha in the group. That will be Odunze. 

7. Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt / OT / Notre Dame - This couldn't have worked out any better for Tennessee. They went out and got a compliment to D-Hop in Ridley and then the best OT prospect in the draft falls into their laps. He'll be their blindside protector for the next decade. 

8. ***TRADE*** Minnesota Vikings (via Atlanta) - JJ McCarthy / QB / Michigan - Minnesota pulls the trigger to get whom they see as their QB of the future. They send the #11 & #23 picks to Atlanta to jump in front of whatever Denver would do with trying to leap frog them. McCarthy has been talked up all throughout this process and apparently the QB needy teams see him as someone who may even jump over Daniels in the draft process. Minnesota gets their guy here. 

9. Chicago Bears - Dallas Turner / DE / Alabama - The trade for Keenan Allen opens this avenue up for Chicago with their 2nd top 10 pick. Turner is about as elite of a prospect that you look for at the DE position. He's an explosive athlete, with excellent bend, and he has an extra gear when closing. He also has the frame to add another 10-15lbs without likely losing any athleticism. He'll make a great bookend to Montez Sweat. 

10. New York Jets - Brock Bowers / TE / Georgia - With the top 3 WR's off of the board, them having signed Tyron Smith and trading for Morgan Moses, as well as them having signed Mike Williams, I think they use this pick on the best available offensive weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers also loves his TE's. This will be one of the smartest picks Douglas has ever made. It will open up everything for this offense when you have a guy like this attacking the middle of the field. 

11. Atlanta Falcons (via Minnesota) - Jared Verse / DE / Florida St. - Atlanta parlays #8 into two 1st Round picks, giving them 3 picks in the first 43, the first of which they use on the 2nd best Edge prospect in the draft. He has excellent athleticism, adequate bend, but his power in bull-rushing is quite impressive for a guy @ 255lbs. Raheem Morris starts building his defense here. 

12. Denver Broncos - Laiatu Latu / DE / UCLA - With the top four QB's off of the board, the Broncos choose to get the last of the 1st Round worthy pass rushers (just my opinion), who is also arguably a top 15 prospect. Latu also has good athleticism and bend for an Edge rusher. He's not as powerful as Turner or Verse, but he still has the elite traits you look for in someone chasing after QB's. 

13. Las Vegas Raiders - Olumuyiwa Fashanu / OT / Penn St. - The Vegas OL needs work and I don't see them reaching for a QB here after signing Minshew. They have a lot of work to do in general, but this is a quality start. He's a mammoth human being and has elite athleticism for the position. 

14. New Orleans Saints - Taliese Fuaga / OT / Oregon St. - I could see the Saints going with Brian Thomas here, but the WR class is so deep I think they grab one of the top OL prospects instead. Fuaga is a RT, but his best position may be as a G in the NFL and that position was a glaring weakness for NO last year. The Saints also let long time OL'man Andrus Peat walk in FA. 

15. Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell / CB / Toledo - Mitchell has good film, had some good practices at the Senior Bowl, and capped it off with a fantastic Combine. This guy is a plug-and-play starter who could push for DROY. 

16. Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu / OT / Washington - Fautanu doesn't have to move far going from the Huskies to the Seahawks. This is another OT prospect who can be lined up at one of the OT spots or kicked inside to man one of their interior positions. Either way, you have to protect whomever will be taking the snaps or it won't matter who is taking the snaps. Fautanu is a good prospect no matter where they choose to play him. 

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrion Arnold / CB / Alabama - Satisfied enough with their group of meh WR's, the Jaguars look to their defense. Arnold isn't the fastest CB, but he understands coverage, makes plays when they are there to be made, and is another in the list of Alabama DB's who will succeed in the NFL. 

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Thomas / WR / LSU - This would suck, but it's how the board falls. They likely aren't bringing back Tyler Boyd and Higgins is on the Franchise Tag. This would give them, potentially, another stud WR for 5 years. 

19. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy II / DT / Texas - A blind man could peg this selection after Aaron Donald calling it quits. Murphy can play against the run and he can get after the QB. He can play all three downs and will not be a liability no matter the defensive play call. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jackson Powers-Johnson / C / Oregon - Mason Cole struggled at times last year and the Steelers need to find out what they have at QB quickly. Improve the OL and see if Russ or Fields are the answer. JPJ will have Steelers fans thinking of the days when Pouncey was manning the middle of that OL. 

21. Miami Dolphins - Graham Barton / OT / Duke - Barton was an OT at Duke, but the talk is he'll play C in the NFL. The Dolphins OL, especially Center, was a massive weak spot last year. The positional flexibility also means that they could use Barton wherever. He will start day 1 on that OL.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Cooper DeJean / CB / Iowa - DeJean allowed an insane 37.8 passer rating when targeted. The Eagles defense is lacking big time in the Secondary. He could play CB or S in the NFL, but I think the Eagles give him a run at CB first. He's also a gifted return man. He will most certainly make an impact year one. 

23. Atlanta Falcons (via Minnesota) - Jer'Zhan Newton / DT / Illinois - The remaking of the defense in Raheem Morris' image continues. They get one of the best DE's with their first 1st Round selection, then one of the best DT's with their second 1st Round selection. Newton will be that penetrating 3-Tech in Morris' defense. 

24. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier Worthy / WR / Texas - I think Jerry sees a WR with wheels like this, who also played at Texas, and he just can't help himself. It will also be interesting to see the alignments they use with Lamb, Worthy, and Cooks. In the end, it's another weapon for Dak.

25. Green Bay Packers - Nate Wiggins / CB / Clemson - The Packers Secondary is a glaring weakness. For all of the talk, Alexander also seemed to take a step back last year as well. This more than likely is injury related, but the Packers still need to sure up the rest around him on the back end. Wiggins had an outstanding athletic performance at the Combine and he only allowed a 44.4 passer rating when targeted this year. The only knock is he's thin so don't expect much support from him in the run game. 

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kool-Aid McKinstry / CB / Alabama  - The Bucs CB's were meh last year. McKinstry has been starting for Nick Saban since he was a Freshman. That says a lot. He's smart and he plays with a swagger to him. He'll fit right in with Winfield on the back end of that defense. 

27. Arizona Cardinals (via Houston) - Chop Robinson / DE / Penn St. - The Cardinals upgraded their WR room in a big way at #4 and hope to do it to their Edge group here. Robinson, though not really putting up elite production, does have elite athleticism. Some people are comparing him to Micah Parsons. The Cardinals hope it pans out that way. 

28. Buffalo Bills - Troy Franklin / WR / Oregon - This isn't necessarily what I would do, but this is what I have a gut feeling the Bills are going to do. We met with pretty much every top name on the WR board at the Combine. I'm sure many of our private workouts will be with WR's. I do think it's telling however that Franklin was the first WR the private workout. I believe it shows they hold him in high regard. He's slender at around 180lbs, but you see the long speed and quickness on the game tape. 

29. Detroit Lions - Adonai Mitchell / WR / Texas - The rich in offensive weapons get richer. The Lions don't have too many holes and should be coming off of a SB appearance if not for some questionable calls by Dan Campbell and key drops by Josh Reynolds. Reynolds is now gone and Mitchell will be tabbed as his replacement. Now they'll have two guys who can beat any Secondary down the field, along with the best Slot WR in the game, a great stable of RB's, and a TE coming off of the most productive rookie season at the position. 

30. Baltimore Ravens - JC Latham / OT / Alabama - The Ravens traded Morgan Moses back to the Jets. Ronnie Stanley can't seem to stay healthy. The Ravens have always been good at spotting top notch quality OL'men and they hope that prowess continues with this selection here. 

31. San Francisco 49ers - Payton Wilson / LB / NC State - Dre Greenlaw tore his achillies in the SB and was operated on, on 2/15/24. Hedging all their bets on him being ready for week 1 and being the same player prior to the injury that quick are a risk this team will not take. Instead they draft the best ILB in this draft who was extremely productive at NC State and then had an excellent showing athletically at the Combine. He and Fred Warner will allow Greenlaw to come along at his own pace and give them some flexibility when contracts eventually come up. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs - T'Vondre Sweat / DT / Texas - With the run on WR's, the Chiefs go after the best NT/1-Tech in this draft. Sweat is truly a monster at 6'4-1/2" and weighing in at 366lbs. He's also a bit more nimble than you would expect for a guy his size. Truly one of my favorite players in this draft. Putting him beside Chris Jones, George Karlaftis, and Charles Omenihu should almost be criminal. It ill also relagate Derrick Nnadi to the bench as depth, where he belongs. 

I don't really feel like going into the full list of Bills draft picks just yet. I'll wait until I do the update down the line. Hope you enjoy the read. 

Incredibly well thought out mock! Really, really well done . 

Normally I get through some picks and scratch my head when I see a team picking a player they have no business choosing as it’s not a need whatsoever and I usually can’t get through the entire mock. 

You did your homework and it’s awesome man well done . Super impressed .

About a week ago I started to think that Dallas might go Worthy. It makes a ton of sense. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OP has a nice mock it makes sense for each team but each teams boards vary so wildly it’s going to always pan out differently. I don’t like Franklin for the Bills but that seems to be a player the front office is high on. If there’s a trade down I can live with it but otherwise at pick 28 I would rather go elsewhere for help along the lines.

Ideally I would like the Bills to trade down into the 30’s hopefully picking up a 3rd round pick swapped for the Bills 7th and depending on how far down they go a mid round pick for 2025.

The the Bills can take a WR around pick 35 and a top guard/center prospect at pick 60 then with the third round pick they acquired get the best defensive linemen.

Then in round 4 go defensive line and offensive line again (use a 6th to trade up a bit here). Round 5 take a corner, safety and a RB. Round 6 take a kicker and trade away a pick for a future selection. 

You address all your needs getting two offensive and defensive linemen, a WR, an option at kicker and depth at corner, safety and running back while getting future selections which is always prudent and will help with any trade deadline deals 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, H2o said:

I have to disagree with this one my friend. This would implode TSW. A trade up for a 3-Tech when we have Ed Oliver already? 

Rip Do Not Want GIF by nog

Who do we have in the 3t rotation behind Oliver, nobody. In 5 years when we have to resign our 3t, Oliver will be retiring.

16 minutes ago, gjv said:

Who do we have in the 3t rotation behind Oliver, nobody. In 5 years when we have to resign our 3t, Oliver will be retiring.

We can grab a rotational guy in the middle rounds if need be, or in the later waves of FA. But you don't trade up for a 3-Tech DT in the 1st Round when you have one of the better 3-Tech DT's in the NFL as your starter, and under contract through the 2027 season. It's just not good business considering where this team's needs truly lie. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

We can grab a rotational guy in the middle rounds if need be, or in the later waves of FA. But you don't trade up for a 3-Tech DT in the 1st Round when you have one of the better 3-Tech DT's in the NFL as your starter, and under contract through the 2027 season. It's just not good business considering where this team's needs truly lie. 

Certainly, you can grab an inexpensive DT3 to fill the rotation. But does that make your team better? Teams win at the line of scrimmage. Lack of pressure up the middle and stopping the run has hurt the Bills over the last 4 seasons. 

53 minutes ago, gjv said:

Certainly, you can grab an inexpensive DT3 to fill the rotation. But does that make your team better? Teams win at the line of scrimmage. Lack of pressure up the middle and stopping the run has hurt the Bills over the last 4 seasons. 

So you think it's smart to parlay multiple draft picks to move up for a 3-Tech DT when we already have a one of the better STARTING 3-Tech DT's in the NFL? One that we are paying $17M a year for at the present moment. You're talking about a guy that plays a position we already have filled for 60% or more of the defensive snaps per game. But you want to trade up for a guy in the 1st Round who will likely play 40% of the time? It just isn't smart roster management. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, H2o said:

So you think it's smart to parlay multiple draft picks to move up for a 3-Tech DT when we already have a one of the better STARTING 3-Tech DT's in the NFL? One that we are paying $17M a year for at the present moment. You're talking about a guy that plays a position we already have filled for 60% or more of the defensive snaps per game. But you want to trade up for a guy in the 1st Round who will likely play 40% of the time? It just isn't smart roster management. 

40% of snaps on defense is significant. Having high quality DT3 play on every D-snap is smart. Especially if you can get those snaps on a rookie contract.

10 minutes ago, gjv said:

40% of snaps on defense is significant. Having high quality DT3 play on every D-snap is smart. Especially if you can get those snaps on a rookie contract.

Davis played something like 90% of offensive snaps.  It's a greater need. 

18 minutes ago, gjv said:

Maybe at 28,  depending on relative player grades.  But trading up for someone you project to play 40% of the time is a no-go for me,  especially considering the opportunities for a WR or DB to play a much higher percentage of plays and that there's a general 30-50% bust rate for anyone they select.   

4 minutes ago, gjv said:

No, not at the expense of extra, high end draft capital to move up. It's bad roster management. We could potentially still get a 3-Tech in the 2nd like Braden Fiske, Kris Jenkins, Michael Hall, or Khristian Boyd with an early 4th. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Thanks for your work … always appreciate seeing reasons behind why Player X goes to Team Y

Give me Mitchell over Franklin..

I’ll predict Franklin doesn’t go in the first 

Yeah, I'm taking Mitchell over Franklin.  I'd even take Legette over him too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:44 PM, H2o said:

I take a crack at one of these every year. Based on the 2nd wave of FA prior to the draft, Pro Days, any other trades, and I update once more. It's something to do and I watch quite a bit of College football every year. It's fun to project who will land where. Here's my first crack at it: 

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams / QB / USC - This is fairly obvious. The Bears traded Justin Fields and Caleb is all but a forgone conclusion to go #1 at this point. The only thing that could change this pick is if the Bears are scared off by his medicals, which it was said he didn't share with everyone at the Combine for whatever reason. 

2. Washington Commanders - Drake Maye / QB / UNC - The reports going around at the Combine were the Commanders favor Maye over Daniels. Maye seems to process info quicker on the field and anticipate throws, where as Daniels relies on his athleticism a bit more and goes after the chunk plays more in earnest. I think he suits what Washington is looking for in a signal caller. 

3. New England Patriots - Jayden Daniels / QB / LSU - New regime, the failed Mac Jones experiment is over, and they go with a new signal caller. All of the talk of Brissett starting is just that, talk. They will draft the Heisman Trophy winner from LSU and cut him loose. Watching him play this past year for LSU made me think of a faster, more athletic version of Deshaun Watson when he played at Clemson. 

4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr. / WR / Ohio St. - Arizona takes one, and arguably the best, of the 3 upper echelon WR prospects in this draft. They have a huge hole in their WR corps and this is just the first of what I believe will be a couple of early picks to address that need for Kyler Murray. The group is currently littered with a bunch of JAG's. 

5. Los Angeles Chargers - Malik Nabers / WR / LSU - The Chargers cut Mike Williams and traded Keenan Allen to the Bears. All that remains for Justin Herbert is Joshua Palmer and last year's 1st Round pick Quentin Johnston. I know they just spent a 1st on Johnson, but I can't see them passing on Nabers or Odunze here. I think Nabers will be the choice here, but it could be either of the two. 

6. New York Giants - Rome Odunze / WR / Washington - The Giants OL was bad last year, and this pick very well could end up being Joe Alt, but their WR group is W-E-A-K, weak. They have the speedster in Jalin Hyatt, and a couple of Smurfs, but they need that alpha in the group. That will be Odunze. 

7. Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt / OT / Notre Dame - This couldn't have worked out any better for Tennessee. They went out and got a compliment to D-Hop in Ridley and then the best OT prospect in the draft falls into their laps. He'll be their blindside protector for the next decade. 

8. ***TRADE*** Minnesota Vikings (via Atlanta) - JJ McCarthy / QB / Michigan - Minnesota pulls the trigger to get whom they see as their QB of the future. They send the #11 & #23 picks to Atlanta to jump in front of whatever Denver would do with trying to leap frog them. McCarthy has been talked up all throughout this process and apparently the QB needy teams see him as someone who may even jump over Daniels in the draft process. Minnesota gets their guy here. 

9. Chicago Bears - Dallas Turner / DE / Alabama - The trade for Keenan Allen opens this avenue up for Chicago with their 2nd top 10 pick. Turner is about as elite of a prospect that you look for at the DE position. He's an explosive athlete, with excellent bend, and he has an extra gear when closing. He also has the frame to add another 10-15lbs without likely losing any athleticism. He'll make a great bookend to Montez Sweat. 

10. New York Jets - Brock Bowers / TE / Georgia - With the top 3 WR's off of the board, them having signed Tyron Smith and trading for Morgan Moses, as well as them having signed Mike Williams, I think they use this pick on the best available offensive weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers also loves his TE's. This will be one of the smartest picks Douglas has ever made. It will open up everything for this offense when you have a guy like this attacking the middle of the field. 

11. Atlanta Falcons (via Minnesota) - Jared Verse / DE / Florida St. - Atlanta parlays #8 into two 1st Round picks, giving them 3 picks in the first 43, the first of which they use on the 2nd best Edge prospect in the draft. He has excellent athleticism, adequate bend, but his power in bull-rushing is quite impressive for a guy @ 255lbs. Raheem Morris starts building his defense here. 

12. Denver Broncos - Laiatu Latu / DE / UCLA - With the top four QB's off of the board, the Broncos choose to get the last of the 1st Round worthy pass rushers (just my opinion), who is also arguably a top 15 prospect. Latu also has good athleticism and bend for an Edge rusher. He's not as powerful as Turner or Verse, but he still has the elite traits you look for in someone chasing after QB's. 

13. Las Vegas Raiders - Olumuyiwa Fashanu / OT / Penn St. - The Vegas OL needs work and I don't see them reaching for a QB here after signing Minshew. They have a lot of work to do in general, but this is a quality start. He's a mammoth human being and has elite athleticism for the position. 

14. New Orleans Saints - Taliese Fuaga / OT / Oregon St. - I could see the Saints going with Brian Thomas here, but the WR class is so deep I think they grab one of the top OL prospects instead. Fuaga is a RT, but his best position may be as a G in the NFL and that position was a glaring weakness for NO last year. The Saints also let long time OL'man Andrus Peat walk in FA. 

15. Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell / CB / Toledo - Mitchell has good film, had some good practices at the Senior Bowl, and capped it off with a fantastic Combine. This guy is a plug-and-play starter who could push for DROY. 

16. Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu / OT / Washington - Fautanu doesn't have to move far going from the Huskies to the Seahawks. This is another OT prospect who can be lined up at one of the OT spots or kicked inside to man one of their interior positions. Either way, you have to protect whomever will be taking the snaps or it won't matter who is taking the snaps. Fautanu is a good prospect no matter where they choose to play him. 

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrion Arnold / CB / Alabama - Satisfied enough with their group of meh WR's, the Jaguars look to their defense. Arnold isn't the fastest CB, but he understands coverage, makes plays when they are there to be made, and is another in the list of Alabama DB's who will succeed in the NFL. 

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Thomas / WR / LSU - This would suck, but it's how the board falls. They likely aren't bringing back Tyler Boyd and Higgins is on the Franchise Tag. This would give them, potentially, another stud WR for 5 years. 

19. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy II / DT / Texas - A blind man could peg this selection after Aaron Donald calling it quits. Murphy can play against the run and he can get after the QB. He can play all three downs and will not be a liability no matter the defensive play call. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jackson Powers-Johnson / C / Oregon - Mason Cole struggled at times last year and the Steelers need to find out what they have at QB quickly. Improve the OL and see if Russ or Fields are the answer. JPJ will have Steelers fans thinking of the days when Pouncey was manning the middle of that OL. 

21. Miami Dolphins - Graham Barton / OT / Duke - Barton was an OT at Duke, but the talk is he'll play C in the NFL. The Dolphins OL, especially Center, was a massive weak spot last year. The positional flexibility also means that they could use Barton wherever. He will start day 1 on that OL.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Cooper DeJean / CB / Iowa - DeJean allowed an insane 37.8 passer rating when targeted. The Eagles defense is lacking big time in the Secondary. He could play CB or S in the NFL, but I think the Eagles give him a run at CB first. He's also a gifted return man. He will most certainly make an impact year one. 

23. Atlanta Falcons (via Minnesota) - Jer'Zhan Newton / DT / Illinois - The remaking of the defense in Raheem Morris' image continues. They get one of the best DE's with their first 1st Round selection, then one of the best DT's with their second 1st Round selection. Newton will be that penetrating 3-Tech in Morris' defense. 

24. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier Worthy / WR / Texas - I think Jerry sees a WR with wheels like this, who also played at Texas, and he just can't help himself. It will also be interesting to see the alignments they use with Lamb, Worthy, and Cooks. In the end, it's another weapon for Dak.

25. Green Bay Packers - Nate Wiggins / CB / Clemson - The Packers Secondary is a glaring weakness. For all of the talk, Alexander also seemed to take a step back last year as well. This more than likely is injury related, but the Packers still need to sure up the rest around him on the back end. Wiggins had an outstanding athletic performance at the Combine and he only allowed a 44.4 passer rating when targeted this year. The only knock is he's thin so don't expect much support from him in the run game. 

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kool-Aid McKinstry / CB / Alabama  - The Bucs CB's were meh last year. McKinstry has been starting for Nick Saban since he was a Freshman. That says a lot. He's smart and he plays with a swagger to him. He'll fit right in with Winfield on the back end of that defense. 

27. Arizona Cardinals (via Houston) - Chop Robinson / DE / Penn St. - The Cardinals upgraded their WR room in a big way at #4 and hope to do it to their Edge group here. Robinson, though not really putting up elite production, does have elite athleticism. Some people are comparing him to Micah Parsons. The Cardinals hope it pans out that way. 

28. Buffalo Bills - Troy Franklin / WR / Oregon - This isn't necessarily what I would do, but this is what I have a gut feeling the Bills are going to do. We met with pretty much every top name on the WR board at the Combine. I'm sure many of our private workouts will be with WR's. I do think it's telling however that Franklin was the first WR the private workout. I believe it shows they hold him in high regard. He's slender at around 180lbs, but you see the long speed and quickness on the game tape. 

29. Detroit Lions - Adonai Mitchell / WR / Texas - The rich in offensive weapons get richer. The Lions don't have too many holes and should be coming off of a SB appearance if not for some questionable calls by Dan Campbell and key drops by Josh Reynolds. Reynolds is now gone and Mitchell will be tabbed as his replacement. Now they'll have two guys who can beat any Secondary down the field, along with the best Slot WR in the game, a great stable of RB's, and a TE coming off of the most productive rookie season at the position. 

30. Baltimore Ravens - JC Latham / OT / Alabama - The Ravens traded Morgan Moses back to the Jets. Ronnie Stanley can't seem to stay healthy. The Ravens have always been good at spotting top notch quality OL'men and they hope that prowess continues with this selection here. 

31. San Francisco 49ers - Payton Wilson / LB / NC State - Dre Greenlaw tore his achillies in the SB and was operated on, on 2/15/24. Hedging all their bets on him being ready for week 1 and being the same player prior to the injury that quick are a risk this team will not take. Instead they draft the best ILB in this draft who was extremely productive at NC State and then had an excellent showing athletically at the Combine. He and Fred Warner will allow Greenlaw to come along at his own pace and give them some flexibility when contracts eventually come up. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs - T'Vondre Sweat / DT / Texas - With the run on WR's, the Chiefs go after the best NT/1-Tech in this draft. Sweat is truly a monster at 6'4-1/2" and weighing in at 366lbs. He's also a bit more nimble than you would expect for a guy his size. Truly one of my favorite players in this draft. Putting him beside Chris Jones, George Karlaftis, and Charles Omenihu should almost be criminal. It ill also relagate Derrick Nnadi to the bench as depth, where he belongs. 

I don't really feel like going into the full list of Bills draft picks just yet. I'll wait until I do the update down the line. Hope you enjoy the read. 

Idk why people would hate this. Kid is an absolute weapon in our offense

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the 2nd crack at it. With some recent developments off of the field, some semi-leaked medical info, and reports floating around I figured I would do an update now. Then, if I feel the need, I will do a final right before the draft.

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams / QB / USC - This is fairly obvious. The Bears traded Justin Fields and Caleb is all but a forgone conclusion to go #1 at this point. The only thing that could change this pick is if the Bears are scared off by his medicals, which it was said he didn't share with everyone at the Combine for whatever reason. edit ~ And now word is out the Bears are locked in on Williams. This is a done deal. ***No Change***

2. Washington Commanders - Jayden Daniels / QB / LSU - The reports going around at the Combine were the Commanders favor Maye over Daniels. Now it seems like they are cooling a bit on Maye and leaning towards Daniels. Daniels, to me, is the superior prospect. The athleticism is similar to Lamar Jackson, but I think he already throws the ball better outside of the hashes. Either way, Washington is taking a swing on their franchise QB. ***Previously Drake Maye***

3. New England Patriots - JJ McCarthy / QB / Michigan - New regime, the failed Mac Jones experiment is over, and they go with a new signal caller. All of the talk of Brissett starting is just that, talk. I also think the talk of McCarthy jumping Maye in this draft is real. The Patriots take McCarthy here because they trust his potential more than Maye's, plus they trust the guy who had a hand in his development at the college level. ***Previously Jayden Daniels***

4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr. / WR / Ohio St. - Arizona takes one, and arguably the best, of the 3 upper echelon WR prospects in this draft. They have a huge hole in their WR corps and this is just the first of what I believe will be a couple of early picks to address that need for Kyler Murray. The group is currently littered with a bunch of JAG's. ***No Change***

5. Los Angeles Chargers - Joe Alt / OT / Notre Dame - Recent reports coming out of Chargers land is that they are going with a more run-heavy based offense. I would imagine this will be the same thing we saw from Harbaugh previously in SF, as well as where he just came from at Michigan. Greg Roman is also his OC in LA. We know what that offensive scheme looks like. With this draft being deep as far as the WR crop goes, I think Jim goes after the best OT in the draft to help him play that mauling style of football he desires. ***Previously Malik Nabers***

6. ***TRADE*** Minnesota Vikings (via NY Giants) - Drake Maye / QB / UNC - In the first version I had them moving up to #8. With Maye being the last of the perceived upper tier QB on the board, I think they pull the trigger earlier. NY also needs multiple high end players so a move back to #11 is good in their mind, while picking up an extra 1st. Minnesota has made moves this offseason to have the ammo to do this. They let Cousins walk and see Maye as their future. Enough with the bargain basement types, let's go get our Franchise QB they say. ***Previously Rome Odunze to the NY Giants***

7. Tennessee Titans - Olumuyiwa Fashanu / OT / Penn St. - The Titans were really hoping the board panned out to land Joe Alt here, but Fashanu isn't a bad consolation prize either. He gave up 0 sacks and only 10 pressure on 382 pass blocking snaps last year. That is exactly what Tennessee needs. I think the signing of Ridley and the fact they still have D-Hop keeps them out of the WR market, at least this early. ***Previous Joe Alt***

8. Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Turner / DE / Alabama - Atlanta was the beneficiary of a trade with Minnesota in the first version. This time, Minny jumps higher. Atlanta lands the player who is widely regarded as the best pass rusher in the draft. He is about as elite of a prospect that you look for at the DE position. He's an explosive athlete, with excellent bend, and he has an extra gear when closing. He also has the frame to add another 10-15lbs without likely losing any athleticism. Serious consideration for Malik Nabers here, but Raheem Morris gets a move on building his defense. ***Previously JJ McCarthy to the Minnesota Vikings***

9. ***TRADE*** Buffalo Bills (via Chicago) - Malik Nabers / WR / LSU - I think Beane has the cajones to make this move, and it truly is a swing for the fences. Some people will be freaking out because of the cost and others will be ecstatic because of what takes place. I will be one of the latter. Malik Nabers could very well be THE best WR in this entire class. He is dynamic in every phase of the position. He's smart, runs clean routes, can take any catch to the house, understands coverage, can shake free from anyone, and is truly that alpha we need for our Franchise QB. The cost is steep, but imo worth it. (#28, #60, and next year's 1st) ***Previously Dallas Turner to the Chicago Bears***

10. New York Jets - Brock Bowers / TE / Georgia - With them having signed Tyron Smith and trading for Morgan Moses, as well as them having signed Mike Williams, I think they use this pick on the best available offensive weapon for Aaron Rodgers that is not a WR. Rodgers loves his TE's. This will be one of the smartest picks Douglas has ever made. It will open up everything for this offense when you have a guy like this attacking the middle of the field. Even if Odunze is somehow still on the board, I think the Jets make this pick. ***No Change***

11. NY Giants (via Minnesota) - Rome Odunze / WR / Washington - How in the perfect NY Giants world did this happen?!?!? They trade back to #11, pick up #23, and still get their guy from the first mock. Just the way the board falls this time. The Giants OL was bad last year, and this pick very well could end up being an OT, but their WR group is W-E-A-K, weak. They have the speedster in Jalin Hyatt, and a couple of Smurfs, but they need that alpha in the group. That will be Odunze. ***Previously Jared Verse to the Atlanta Falcons***

12. Denver Broncos - Michael Penix / QB / Washington - The Broncos met with Penix at the Senior Bowl, at the Combine, were in attendance at his Pro Day, and he was one of their 30. The medicals came back clear, he ran a sub 4.5 40 time at his Pro day, and you see the type of QB he is on film. Basically, all of the boxes have been checked. He's a smart QB who knows how to manipulate the field, and he can make every throw. Payton sees a young man he believes can run his offense, the way he wants his offense run. ***Previously Laiatu Latu*** 

13. Las Vegas Raiders -  Jared Verse / DE / Florida St. - The Raiders have Maxx Crosby on one side, but have had a list of JAG's on the other. I think that the opportunity to get a true bookend to pair with Crosby has Antonio Pierce salivating. Verse is an elite prospect in his own right at the DE position. He had 11 sacks and 36 pressures. You put a guy like that opposite Crosby, and they just signed Christian Wilkins on the interior? This defense is looking a lot better. ***Previously Olumuyiwa Fashanu***

14. New Orleans Saints - Taliese Fuaga / OT / Oregon St. - I could see the Saints going with Brian Thomas here, but the WR class is so deep I think they grab one of the top OL prospects instead. Fuaga is a RT, but his best position may be as a G in the NFL and that position was a glaring weakness for NO last year. The Saints also let long time OL'man Andrus Peat walk in FA. ***No Change***

15. Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell / CB / Toledo - Mitchell has good film, had some good practices at the Senior Bowl, and capped it off with a fantastic Combine. This guy is a plug-and-play starter who could push for DROY. ***No Change***

16. Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu / OT / Washington - Fautanu doesn't have to move far going from the Huskies to the Seahawks. This is another OT prospect who can be lined up at one of the OT spots or kicked inside to man one of their interior positions. Either way, you have to protect whomever will be taking the snaps or it won't matter who is taking the snaps. Fautanu is a good prospect no matter where they choose to play him. ***No Change***

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrion Arnold / CB / Alabama - Satisfied enough with their group of meh WR's, the Jaguars look to their defense. Arnold isn't the fastest CB, but he understands coverage, makes plays when they are there to be made, and is another in the list of Alabama DB's who will succeed in the NFL. ***No Change***

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Thomas / WR / LSU - This would suck, but it's how the board falls. They likely aren't bringing back Tyler Boyd and Higgins is on the Franchise Tag. This would give them, potentially, another stud WR for 5 years. ***No Change and it would still suck because I hate the Bengals***

19. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy II / DT / Texas - A blind man could peg this selection after Aaron Donald calling it quits. Murphy can play against the run and he can get after the QB. He can play all three downs and will not be a liability no matter the defensive play call. ***No Change***

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jackson Powers-Johnson / C / Oregon - Mason Cole struggled at times last year and the Steelers need to find out what they have at QB quickly. Improve the OL and see if Russ or Fields are the answer. JPJ will have Steelers fans thinking of the days when Pouncey was manning the middle of that OL. ***No Change*** 

21. Miami Dolphins - Laiatu Latu / DE / UCLA - This defense has taken a hit this offseason and no one knows when Jaelen Phillips or Bradley Chubb will see the field. They need guys who can get after it. I know there is talk going around about Latu's neck injury from 2020, but the Dolphins are good with the medical clearance he's already received. Latu is an excellent prospect who could make a huge impact in his first year.  ***Previously Graham Barton***

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Kool-Aid McKinstry / CB / Alabama - McKinstry has started for Nick Saban since he was a Freshmen. That is RARE air with the former Alabama HC. McKinstry is an excellent prospect who can line up all over the field. He will fill an immediate need in the Eagles and be starting from day 1.   ***Previously Cooper DeJean***

23. NY Giants (via Minnesota) - Cooper DeJean / CB / Iowa - Does this conjure memories for Giants fans or what? Jason Sehorn anyone? Yeah, Cooper will slot in as a starting boundary CB for these guys day 1. When targeted, he allowed a 37.8 passer rating to opposing QB's. He is also a plus return man who can make something happen on ST's as well. Not a bad start for the New York football Giants thus far. ***Previously Jer'Zhan Newton to the Falcons***

24. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier Worthy / WR / Texas - I think Jerry sees a WR with wheels like this, who also played at Texas, and he just can't help himself. It will also be interesting to see the alignments they use with Lamb, Worthy, and Cooks. In the end, it's another weapon for Dak. (I still think Jerry won't be able to resist) ***No Change***

25. Green Bay Packers - JC Latham / OT / Alabama - Latham is a plus prospect at the OT position for sure. The Pack have found their latest Franchise QB, now keeping him upright and healthy are the biggest priorities.  ***Previously Nate Wiggins***

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Graham Barton / OT / Duke  - The Bucs have work to do on their OL. Barton was a starter at OT for Duke, but all of the talk surrounding him is that he will slot in at Center in the NFL. He is viewed as the 2nd best C prospect behind JPJ by many. Where he excels is as a mauler in the run game, though he holds his own as a pass blocker also. He will conjure memories of Ryan Jensen for Bucs fans. ***Previously Kool-Aid McKinstry***

27. Arizona Cardinals (via Houston) - Chop Robinson / DE / Penn St. - The Cardinals upgraded their WR room in a big way at #4 and hope to do it to their Edge group here. Robinson, though not really putting up elite production, does have elite athleticism. Some people are comparing him to Micah Parsons. Gannon hopes he can serve the same role Haason Reddick did in that Eagles defense for him. ***No Change*** 

28. Chicago Bears (via Buffalo) - Jer'Zhan Newton / DT / Illinois - The Bears keep Newton in the state of Illinois for the foreseeable future. Newton was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 2023. When you think about the talent across the board in that conference, it says a lot. To add a guy like him on the interior, who can get after the QB the way he does, will make everyone around him on the Bears defense that much better. ***Previously Troy Franklin to the Buffalo Bills***

29. Detroit Lions - Adonai Mitchell / WR / Texas - The rich in offensive weapons get richer. The Lions don't have too many holes and should be coming off of a SB appearance if not for some questionable calls by Dan Campbell and key drops by Josh Reynolds. Reynolds is now gone and Mitchell will be tabbed as his replacement. Now they'll have two guys who can beat any Secondary down the field, along with the best Slot WR in the game, a great stable of RB's, and a TE coming off of the most productive rookie season at the position. ***No Change***

30. Baltimore Ravens - Amarius Mims / OT / Georgia - The Ravens traded Morgan Moses back to the Jets. Ronnie Stanley can't seem to stay healthy. The Ravens have always been good at spotting top notch quality OL'men and they hope that prowess continues with this selection here. ***Previously JC Latham***

31. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Frazier / C / West Virginia - The 49ers aren't lacking much. They are coming off of their 2nd SB appearance in less than 5 years. One thing that could stand to improve is the OL. They were ranked in the lower 3rd of the league by most outlets. We also see the drop in Purdy's efficiency when he's under constant duress. Jake Brendel at C was one of their worst OL'men. Replacing him here, or going after an OT for the right side to replace McKivitz, make the most sense. I think they go the Center route.  ***Previously Payton Wilson***

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Nate Wiggins / CB / Clemson - The Chiefs just traded away L'Jarius Sneed so this move makes perfect sense. Wiggins had an outstanding athletic performance at the Combine and he only allowed a 44.4 passer rating when targeted this year. The only knock is he's thin so don't expect much support from him in the run game. The rest of the defense for KC will survive just fine without a CB adding much to their run support. ***Previously T'Vondre Sweat***

Might do one more update before the draft if I feel like it, or I may just let this one ride. We'll see. Either way, I hope it's a fun read. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• H2o changed the title to Mock Draft - Post Combine & First Wave Of FA - Updated On Page 2
54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't just say it because I want Thomas to fall but if the Benglas go WR over OT again then they are even dumber than I thought. 

The ole Penei Sewell versus Jamaar Chase debate again, eh, my friend? :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

The ole Penei Sewell versus Jamaar Chase debate again, eh, my friend? :thumbsup:

Yea. Chase was great the one year they kept Burrow healthy. But unless they stop him getting hit it genuinely might be "the one year they kept Burrow healthy."

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Here is the 2nd crack at it. With some recent developments off of the field, some semi-leaked medical info, and reports floating around I figured I would do an update now. Then, if I feel the need, I will do a final right before the draft.

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams / QB / USC - This is fairly obvious. The Bears traded Justin Fields and Caleb is all but a forgone conclusion to go #1 at this point. The only thing that could change this pick is if the Bears are scared off by his medicals, which it was said he didn't share with everyone at the Combine for whatever reason. edit ~ And now word is out the Bears are locked in on Williams. This is a done deal. ***No Change***

2. Washington Commanders - Jayden Daniels / QB / LSU - The reports going around at the Combine were the Commanders favor Maye over Daniels. Now it seems like they are cooling a bit on Maye and leaning towards Daniels. Daniels, to me, is the superior prospect. The athleticism is similar to Lamar Jackson, but I think he already throws the ball better outside of the hashes. Either way, Washington is taking a swing on their franchise QB. ***Previously Drake Maye***

3. New England Patriots - JJ McCarthy / QB / Michigan - New regime, the failed Mac Jones experiment is over, and they go with a new signal caller. All of the talk of Brissett starting is just that, talk. I also think the talk of McCarthy jumping Maye in this draft is real. The Patriots take McCarthy here because they trust his potential more than Maye's, plus they trust the guy who had a hand in his development at the college level. ***Previously Jayden Daniels***

4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr. / WR / Ohio St. - Arizona takes one, and arguably the best, of the 3 upper echelon WR prospects in this draft. They have a huge hole in their WR corps and this is just the first of what I believe will be a couple of early picks to address that need for Kyler Murray. The group is currently littered with a bunch of JAG's. ***No Change***

5. Los Angeles Chargers - Joe Alt / OT / Notre Dame - Recent reports coming out of Chargers land is that they are going with a more run-heavy based offense. I would imagine this will be the same thing we saw from Harbaugh previously in SF, as well as where he just came from at Michigan. Greg Roman is also his OC in LA. We know what that offensive scheme looks like. With this draft being deep as far as the WR crop goes, I think Jim goes after the best OT in the draft to help him play that mauling style of football he desires. ***Previously Malik Nabers***

6. ***TRADE*** Minnesota Vikings (via NY Giants) - Drake Maye / QB / UNC - In the first version I had them moving up to #8. With Maye being the last of the perceived upper tier QB on the board, I think they pull the trigger earlier. NY also needs multiple high end players so a move back to #11 is good in their mind, while picking up an extra 1st. Minnesota has made moves this offseason to have the ammo to do this. They let Cousins walk and see Maye as their future. Enough with the bargain basement types, let's go get our Franchise QB they say. ***Previously Rome Odunze to the NY Giants***

7. Tennessee Titans - Olumuyiwa Fashanu / OT / Penn St. - The Titans were really hoping the board panned out to land Joe Alt here, but Fashanu isn't a bad consolation prize either. He gave up 0 sacks and only 10 pressure on 382 pass blocking snaps last year. That is exactly what Tennessee needs. I think the signing of Ridley and the fact they still have D-Hop keeps them out of the WR market, at least this early. ***Previous Joe Alt***

8. Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Turner / DE / Alabama - Atlanta was the beneficiary of a trade with Minnesota in the first version. This time, Minny jumps higher. Atlanta lands the player who is widely regarded as the best pass rusher in the draft. He is about as elite of a prospect that you look for at the DE position. He's an explosive athlete, with excellent bend, and he has an extra gear when closing. He also has the frame to add another 10-15lbs without likely losing any athleticism. Serious consideration for Malik Nabers here, but Raheem Morris gets a move on building his defense. ***Previously JJ McCarthy to the Minnesota Vikings***

9. ***TRADE*** Buffalo Bills (via Chicago) - Malik Nabers / WR / LSU - I think Beane has the cajones to make this move, and it truly is a swing for the fences. Some people will be freaking out because of the cost and others will be ecstatic because of what takes place. I will be one of the latter. Malik Nabers could very well be THE best WR in this entire class. He is dynamic in every phase of the position. He's smart, runs clean routes, can take any catch to the house, understands coverage, can shake free from anyone, and is truly that alpha we need for our Franchise QB. The cost is steep, but imo worth it. (#28, #60, and next year's 1st) ***Previously Dallas Turner to the Chicago Bears***

10. New York Jets - Brock Bowers / TE / Georgia - With them having signed Tyron Smith and trading for Morgan Moses, as well as them having signed Mike Williams, I think they use this pick on the best available offensive weapon for Aaron Rodgers that is not a WR. Rodgers loves his TE's. This will be one of the smartest picks Douglas has ever made. It will open up everything for this offense when you have a guy like this attacking the middle of the field. Even if Odunze is somehow still on the board, I think the Jets make this pick. ***No Change***

11. NY Giants (via Minnesota) - Rome Odunze / WR / Washington - How in the perfect NY Giants world did this happen?!?!? They trade back to #11, pick up #23, and still get their guy from the first mock. Just the way the board falls this time. The Giants OL was bad last year, and this pick very well could end up being an OT, but their WR group is W-E-A-K, weak. They have the speedster in Jalin Hyatt, and a couple of Smurfs, but they need that alpha in the group. That will be Odunze. ***Previously Jared Verse to the Atlanta Falcons***

12. Denver Broncos - Michael Penix / QB / Washington - The Broncos met with Penix at the Senior Bowl, at the Combine, were in attendance at his Pro Day, and he was one of their 30. The medicals came back clear, he ran a sub 4.5 40 time at his Pro day, and you see the type of QB he is on film. Basically, all of the boxes have been checked. He's a smart QB who knows how to manipulate the field, and he can make every throw. Payton sees a young man he believes can run his offense, the way he wants his offense run. ***Previously Laiatu Latu*** 

13. Las Vegas Raiders -  Jared Verse / DE / Florida St. - The Raiders have Maxx Crosby on one side, but have had a list of JAG's on the other. I think that the opportunity to get a true bookend to pair with Crosby has Antonio Pierce salivating. Verse is an elite prospect in his own right at the DE position. He had 11 sacks and 36 pressures. You put a guy like that opposite Crosby, and they just signed Christian Wilkins on the interior? This defense is looking a lot better. ***Previously Olumuyiwa Fashanu***

14. New Orleans Saints - Taliese Fuaga / OT / Oregon St. - I could see the Saints going with Brian Thomas here, but the WR class is so deep I think they grab one of the top OL prospects instead. Fuaga is a RT, but his best position may be as a G in the NFL and that position was a glaring weakness for NO last year. The Saints also let long time OL'man Andrus Peat walk in FA. ***No Change***

15. Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell / CB / Toledo - Mitchell has good film, had some good practices at the Senior Bowl, and capped it off with a fantastic Combine. This guy is a plug-and-play starter who could push for DROY. ***No Change***

16. Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu / OT / Washington - Fautanu doesn't have to move far going from the Huskies to the Seahawks. This is another OT prospect who can be lined up at one of the OT spots or kicked inside to man one of their interior positions. Either way, you have to protect whomever will be taking the snaps or it won't matter who is taking the snaps. Fautanu is a good prospect no matter where they choose to play him. ***No Change***

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrion Arnold / CB / Alabama - Satisfied enough with their group of meh WR's, the Jaguars look to their defense. Arnold isn't the fastest CB, but he understands coverage, makes plays when they are there to be made, and is another in the list of Alabama DB's who will succeed in the NFL. ***No Change***

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Thomas / WR / LSU - This would suck, but it's how the board falls. They likely aren't bringing back Tyler Boyd and Higgins is on the Franchise Tag. This would give them, potentially, another stud WR for 5 years. ***No Change and it would still suck because I hate the Bengals***

19. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy II / DT / Texas - A blind man could peg this selection after Aaron Donald calling it quits. Murphy can play against the run and he can get after the QB. He can play all three downs and will not be a liability no matter the defensive play call. ***No Change***

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jackson Powers-Johnson / C / Oregon - Mason Cole struggled at times last year and the Steelers need to find out what they have at QB quickly. Improve the OL and see if Russ or Fields are the answer. JPJ will have Steelers fans thinking of the days when Pouncey was manning the middle of that OL. ***No Change*** 

21. Miami Dolphins - Laiatu Latu / DE / UCLA - This defense has taken a hit this offseason and no one knows when Jaelen Phillips or Bradley Chubb will see the field. They need guys who can get after it. I know there is talk going around about Latu's neck injury from 2020, but the Dolphins are good with the medical clearance he's already received. Latu is an excellent prospect who could make a huge impact in his first year.  ***Previously Graham Barton***

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Kool-Aid McKinstry / CB / Alabama - McKinstry has started for Nick Saban since he was a Freshmen. That is RARE air with the former Alabama HC. McKinstry is an excellent prospect who can line up all over the field. He will fill an immediate need in the Eagles and be starting from day 1.   ***Previously Cooper DeJean***

23. NY Giants (via Minnesota) - Cooper DeJean / CB / Iowa - Does this conjure memories for Giants fans or what? Jason Sehorn anyone? Yeah, Cooper will slot in as a starting boundary CB for these guys day 1. When targeted, he allowed a 37.8 passer rating to opposing QB's. He is also a plus return man who can make something happen on ST's as well. Not a bad start for the New York football Giants thus far. ***Previously Jer'Zhan Newton to the Falcons***

24. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier Worthy / WR / Texas - I think Jerry sees a WR with wheels like this, who also played at Texas, and he just can't help himself. It will also be interesting to see the alignments they use with Lamb, Worthy, and Cooks. In the end, it's another weapon for Dak. (I still think Jerry won't be able to resist) ***No Change***

25. Green Bay Packers - JC Latham / OT / Alabama - Latham is a plus prospect at the OT position for sure. The Pack have found their latest Franchise QB, now keeping him upright and healthy are the biggest priorities.  ***Previously Nate Wiggins***

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Graham Barton / OT / Duke  - The Bucs have work to do on their OL. Barton was a starter at OT for Duke, but all of the talk surrounding him is that he will slot in at Center in the NFL. He is viewed as the 2nd best C prospect behind JPJ by many. Where he excels is as a mauler in the run game, though he holds his own as a pass blocker also. He will conjure memories of Ryan Jensen for Bucs fans. ***Previously Kool-Aid McKinstry***

27. Arizona Cardinals (via Houston) - Chop Robinson / DE / Penn St. - The Cardinals upgraded their WR room in a big way at #4 and hope to do it to their Edge group here. Robinson, though not really putting up elite production, does have elite athleticism. Some people are comparing him to Micah Parsons. Gannon hopes he can serve the same role Haason Reddick did in that Eagles defense for him. ***No Change*** 

28. Chicago Bears (via Buffalo) - Jer'Zhan Newton / DT / Illinois - The Bears keep Newton in the state of Illinois for the foreseeable future. Newton was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 2023. When you think about the talent across the board in that conference, it says a lot. To add a guy like him on the interior, who can get after the QB the way he does, will make everyone around him on the Bears defense that much better. ***Previously Troy Franklin to the Buffalo Bills***

29. Detroit Lions - Adonai Mitchell / WR / Texas - The rich in offensive weapons get richer. The Lions don't have too many holes and should be coming off of a SB appearance if not for some questionable calls by Dan Campbell and key drops by Josh Reynolds. Reynolds is now gone and Mitchell will be tabbed as his replacement. Now they'll have two guys who can beat any Secondary down the field, along with the best Slot WR in the game, a great stable of RB's, and a TE coming off of the most productive rookie season at the position. ***No Change***

30. Baltimore Ravens - Amarius Mims / OT / Georgia - The Ravens traded Morgan Moses back to the Jets. Ronnie Stanley can't seem to stay healthy. The Ravens have always been good at spotting top notch quality OL'men and they hope that prowess continues with this selection here. ***Previously JC Latham***

31. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Frazier / C / West Virginia - The 49ers aren't lacking much. They are coming off of their 2nd SB appearance in less than 5 years. One thing that could stand to improve is the OL. They were ranked in the lower 3rd of the league by most outlets. We also see the drop in Purdy's efficiency when he's under constant duress. Jake Brendel at C was one of their worst OL'men. Replacing him here, or going after an OT for the right side to replace McKivitz, make the most sense. I think they go the Center route.  ***Previously Payton Wilson***

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Nate Wiggins / CB / Clemson - The Chiefs just traded away L'Jarius Sneed so this move makes perfect sense. Wiggins had an outstanding athletic performance at the Combine and he only allowed a 44.4 passer rating when targeted this year. The only knock is he's thin so don't expect much support from him in the run game. The rest of the defense for KC will survive just fine without a CB adding much to their run support. ***Previously T'Vondre Sweat***

Might do one more update before the draft if I feel like it, or I may just let this one ride. We'll see. Either way, I hope it's a fun read. :thumbsup:

You think Beane spends any more 2025 picks and day 3 selections to move up for a day 2 pick? Nabers is stellar, so I wouldn't really be unhappy about it, but it's a long wait till Saturday. Personally, I've been hoping that if there is a move up that is expensive, it includes a 2025 second and not #60, but I doubt Chicago would go for that.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:47 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would be happy with either and about 50/50 but I’m almost leaning McConkey for his route running

I think Ladd would be the choice as they can see him coming right in and taking 70+ targets with no problem. Hopefully they then have a plan to get Legette.

• Like (+1) 1