PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m good with being closer to the end zone. Honestly,  don’t care where they are really. Just looking for a cheap option to hear and cover. I haven’t decided for sure yet. But I am close to sold on of the options are 9k per PSL,  I’m out. I’ll have to see though. There was a few end zone sections that had coverage and heat according to their survey. And with  much smaller price tag. I’m fine with that, assuming that’s even an option. Not everything is matching up with the survey so we’ll see. 

Mine are $15k each. Across the aisle is $20k. I don’t know how many sections until there’s a drop (if there is another one). My guess is that $10k is the floor on the clubs. I’m fairly certain that’s the only heated options. There are lots of covered options. Most of the 300 level is covered.

I’m starting to look at this from a different perspective. I think the upper deck seats - whatever they’re calling those (500’s?) - may be the equivalent of our current club seats.

- Fully under cover or close to it

- Less crowding due to the larger concourses the stadium will have 

- Larger bathrooms

- More food options

The only thing really missing is the heat (which many club seats aren’t going to have anyway).

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m starting to look at this from a different perspective. I think the upper deck seats - whatever they’re calling those (500’s?) - may be the equivalent of our current club seats.

- Larger bathrooms

- More food options

The only thing really missing is the heat (which many club seats aren’t going to have anyway).

Yeah except the fact that your going to be a mile away from the field. 

I don’t buy any of that crap about being closer to the action. It’s BS imo. The stadium is going to be significantly taller than the current stadium. Those rows up there are going to be steep. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t buy any of that crap about being closer to the action. It’s BS imo. The stadium is going to be significantly taller than the current stadium. Those rows up there are going to be steep. 

Ya can ride the stairs down on the snow and ice on a sled

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Einstein said:

- Larger bathrooms

- More food options

Yep

When we did the tour they were talking about how great those will be. They said it’ll be nicer there than in the lower level. I’m imaging that is going to cause some headaches for them. I think that they will be priced below the lower level but, in many ways, a superior seat. 

7 hours ago, mrags said:

When you do the tour they show you the distance from the field vs. an equivalent area now. The stadium is steeper.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Can anyone recall the price of pre season tickets? And when they typically go on sale?

Im taking my boys to their first NFL games and I’ve never really paid attention to the pre season tickets info before. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Can anyone recall the price of pre season tickets? And when they typically go on sale?

Im taking my boys to their first NFL games and I’ve never really paid attention to the pre season tickets info before. 

You should be able to start buying them on the secondary market as early as next week I think. Once the schedule comes out, STHs have the ability to list them. As far as from the Bills org, I don’t know the exact dates 

as far as price that will depend on the seat your looking for. 

Edited by mrags
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, mrags said:

Saw this as well. Just curious what the 300s include. Based on the stadium surveys there was definitely covered and heated sections in the 300s, at least it appeared there was. And the prices were not even 5k for those seats they listed. I get it that things have changed and increased, but some of the covered and heated seats I remember were listed as $3950 for PSL and $1900/ticket. Some were more than expensive and some were less. But I think this was the cheapest I saw for heated and covered along the sidelines. There was some mezzanine level end zone seats that had covered and heat and I think the PSL was half that. I can look if needed. 

I think features like heating are getting pruned back due to cost overruns.

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The 300s are primarily covered. The only heated sections are the clubs (not field club). There are 2 levels of the club that I’m in (can’t remember what it is called). Those are covered and heated. The Legends Club is also heated (and I’m pretty sure covered). I think that’s like 5k seats or so in total.

So they did eliminate any heated non-club seating. 🤬 I'm very disappointed. As upset as I was over the new stadium not having a dome, I figured a heated, covered seat would be the next best thing. Well that looks like it's out the window. I don't have the means to get club seats.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mrags said:

It's going to be much like Gillette Stadium. If you've ever been in the top deck, the view is nice but you are wayyy up there 

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Pro tip: buy them resale. Most season ticket holders dump preseason games at a deep discount. Even with fees you'll save a lot. You might save even more if you wait till closer to game time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So they did eliminate any heated non-club seating. 🤬 I'm very disappointed. As upset as I was over the new stadium not having a dome, I figured a heated, covered seat would be the next best thing. Well that looks like it's out the window. I don't have the means to get club seats.

Yeah, it isn’t a large percentage that are heated. It was like 5k seats. Something like 60% are covered though. Additionally, there is some crazy wind technology that, in theory, will cut that back significantly. 

22 hours ago, mrags said:

Saw this as well. Just curious what the 300s include. Based on the stadium surveys there was definitely covered and heated sections in the 300s, at least it appeared there was. And the prices were not even 5k for those seats they listed. I get it that things have changed and increased, but some of the covered and heated seats I remember were listed as $3950 for PSL and $1900/ticket. Some were more than expensive and some were less. But I think this was the cheapest I saw for heated and covered along the sidelines. There was some mezzanine level end zone seats that had covered and heat and I think the PSL was half that. I can look if needed. 

There are 300 level clubs now. It’s 200 level and 300 level. That could be the heated part you were referring to. Both levels are the same price. 

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think features like heating are getting pruned back due to cost overruns.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I honestly don’t know if I believe overruns are the reason for it. Like @SoCal Deek says, it’s tough to go through this process this deep into it and all the sudden start cutting corners now. I believe what was introduced to everyone involved as the plan is being carried out. 

but…. Their survey and the FEW renderings they did provide speak differently. As I said, they did include what appeared to be multiple levels with cover and heat. Not just the sidelines but in the end zones as well. 

I think the bigger issue is the lack of any information going forward. But if as some believe they are going through this process like a time share presentation, acting like used car salesmen or like a snake oil salesman, then how do we know there won’t be more heated and covered areas that are not “club seats”? Because the same people doing the experience who are trying to sell as many of the highest priced tickets as possible are the ones telling you there is no other option for heat and cover. 

I hope there’s other options. Like the ones they included in the survey like this option:

A seat located End Zone on the Mezzanine Level

Seat Coverage: Significant - Level of Seating

Overhead

Heating: Above Seats

Annual Season Ticket Price per Seat: $900

Personal Seat License (One-Time Fee Per Seat): $1,400

what worries me is what I though then to be true. That this survey was only a gauge on how much they could get away with charging everyone before their tipping point. The way the survey was worded was like, would you rather have heat and cover for 9k a PSL, or this seat here I heated and uncovered for 2k a PSL. Based on all the surveys turned in, they figured out what was the most they could charge for each seat before losing interest. And they based these prices now for the new stadium right on the edge of what people would consider moving forward with. 

let’s hope there’s more options for heat and cover than just 10k or more for a PSL and 8k per year on tickets. Cuz if that’s the only option, I’m out. Maybe I’ll buy the cheapest seats in the whole place and sell all but the home opener every year, just to be able to have tickets available to me. But I have interest in being up in the 500s being a mile away with such a steep incline that if you stand up wrong you get vertigo. 

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's going to be much like Gillette Stadium. If you've ever been in the top deck, the view is nice but you are wayyy up there 

Yeah I have no desire for that. I’ll stay at home 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it isn’t a large percentage that are heated. It was like 5k seats. Something like 60% are covered though. Additionally, there is some crazy wind technology that, in theory, will cut that back significantly. 

Cold is cold. The sub-zero Pats playoff game was almost windless. Still a brutal experience for geezers like me. I thought heated sections were going to be the concession to those who wanted a dome.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cold is cold. The sub-zero Pats playoff game was almost windless. Still a brutal experience for geezers like me. I thought heated sections were going to be the concession to those who wanted a dome.

Unless there is something different than when we went through, I don’t think that’ll be the case. They would have never been able to move the clubs if it was covered and heated elsewhere. The concourses will be enclosed as well I believe.

The stadium will be a lot “warmer” than now, but to your point, cold is cold. It was really, really cold a couple of times over the last few years. I couldn’t feel my fingers at one game late in the year last year. The best answer, was, and still is, to have the whole thing enclosed. It was going to be incredibly expensive either way. Putting an open stadium is Orchard Park doesn’t make much sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mrags said:

Steep steps has probably been my biggest concern from the beginning. I’ve been to some places that were crazy steep up top, and it can be a real bother. I can’t freak out about until I know how much of a factor it is. No point in me making up worries that may not exist. 

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep

When we did the tour they were talking about how great those will be. They said it’ll be nicer there than in the lower level. I’m imaging that is going to cause some headaches for them. I think that they will be priced below the lower level but, in many ways, a superior seat. 

Yeah I think they're right about that. I think there may be some upset lower bowl season ticket holders who realize that the upper deck has a better deal. Maybe you wont be as close to the action, but you will dryer, warmer (because you're dry) and have a pretty steep (good viewing angle).

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ya can ride the stairs down on the snow and ice on a sled

And of course better for our fans to ride the railings after knocking down a few.  

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Steep steps has probably been my biggest concern from the beginning. I’ve been to some places that were crazy steep up top, and it can be a real bother. I can’t freak out about until I know how much of a factor it is. No point in me making up worries that may not exist. 

Yeah, it's interesting, the first time I went to one of those stadiums it was a little concerning, but as with you no doubt you get used to it.  The view more from the top than the side is also a plus.