Election Interference | Donald Trump + Stormy Daniels hush money case

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's no such law about NDA's and political campaigns.  If there was it would fall under the jurisdiction of the Federal Election Commission which declined to get involved and not jerk-water NY state court.  Why have an NDA if you are required to disclose its existence? 

If an NDA was created to benefit a campaign, it would be a thing of value and thus be required to be reported to the FEC. 

If Trump had created the NDA through the campaign and paid through the campaign, but failed to disclose it, NYS could not charge this case. It would be up to the FEC, which would likely do nothing.

Because it was the Trump Org instead of the campaign that funded the NDA, it creates several problems for Trump. It was still a violation of election law, both for non-disclosure of the NDA and likely liability because corporations generally cannot contribute to a campaign. Additionally, to cover up these violations of election law, the Trump Org business records were falsified. This is what creates the legal exposure under NY law. They allegedly violated NYS law to cover up violating election laws. 

Your point about why do an NDA if you’re required to disclose it is a good one. It appears they thought they would get away with it. As I said, they should have just paid from the campaign funds because even if they lied on their disclosure by saying it was legal services, they wouldn’t have criminal exposure in NY and would get a slap on the wrist at worst from the FEC (this is what happened to the Clinton campaign).

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

So you might believe Cohen? Interesting

He hasn’t finished testifying and I haven’t had time to go through all of his testimony.

So I’m not going to rule it out but I can’t say I believe everything he said if I don’t know everything he said. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

ugh. I thought by now the OP would have the self-awareness to bury this thread.

It's textbook example of election interference.

Why is this so painful for you?

44 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ooh, what a burn! But Vivek, you need to suck a little harder than that to be VP material. 

So you dispute the things he said or just hoping people won't listen to him?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Not the biggest fan of Vivek, but holy hell he is an effective communicator on this..

Yep.  It’s why I hardly can bring myself to ever comment on this embarrassment.  It’s a disgrace.  Political show trial.  Been “impeaching” this man since 2016.  

They really don’t want him gone.  They just want to keep running against him.  And that might be the worst thing they could have done.  

Vivek in line to be Press Sec.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

So you dispute the things he said or just hoping people won't listen to him?

Yes I dispute the things he said because whatever the judge’s daughter does for a living is the definition of irrelevant. But Vivek is happy to be Trumps mouthpiece. 

44 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

poster is vile human trash

As opposed to the sweet smelling human trash? 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ahh, to read and hear only the news that’s tailored to confirm your priors. 

Again the irony of his statement goes right over his head.

Anytime he is faced with a contrary view here, by an author way more educated about a subject than him, he is reduced to ridicule.

( I should have wrote "every time", not anytime)

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They already did.

Though cross of Cohen is ongoing and will continue on Thursday. 

Yeah, I didn't say that well. I, of course meant Cohen this afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1