Does Beane have anymore significant moves left in his bag of tricks?

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think Beane has something sexy coming in next few days.  He spent come cash resigning a few key guys, and so far has made some depth signings.  I think he’s gonna bring in at least one bigger name, either on the DL or FS position.

I hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see it happening.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's very concerning how some people don't understand the money crunch Beane has put this team in.

Money crunch?  You mean winning?  

If you have no cap room it means you better be a great team.  We keep getting to the final 4 in the AFC every year so we must be doing something right.   

Protect Josh and nothing else matters.  

*Pounds the table for a Center in the draft*

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think Beane has something sexy coming in next few days.  He spent come cash resigning a few key guys, and so far has made some depth signings.  I think he’s gonna bring in at least one bigger name, either on the DL or FS position.

Ok with what money?  We have to wait until whites money comes off the books 6/1 to sign draft picks.

There are no sexy moves coming.  Fans need to wake up and understand, we are broke.   We went all in, ran it back blah blah blah 1 year too many and now we have to pay for it.  

Beane understands this.  Von and Diggs contracts are still albatross' around this teams neck.

I highly doubt that we see any "big splash" deals.

Instead, I think he will be patient, wait a few days until all of the hype dies down -- and pick up some depth/low key guys for modest contracts on 1-2-year deals.

While I trust McD and the coaching staff to make do with these kinds of players in the secondary, I think (aside from another possible under-the-radar signing) we will have to wait until the draft to find a meaningful pickup at the position that we all covet the most, WR.

2 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Instead, I think he will be patient, wait a few days until all of the hype dies down -- and pick up some depth/low key guys for modest contracts on 1-2-year deals.

Isn’t that what he has been doing now?

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ok with what money?  We have to wait until whites money comes off the books 6/1 to sign draft picks.

There are no sexy moves coming.  Fans need to wake up and understand, we are broke.   We went all in, ran it back blah blah blah 1 year too many and now we have to pay for it.  

Beane understands this.  Von and Diggs contracts are still albatross' around this teams neck.

If they’ve got no money, why were they even thinking they had a shot w Armstead?

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If they’ve got no money, why were they even thinking they had a shot w Armstead?

Did we hear it from Beane or 3rd party sources?  Every year it's someone like Armstead,DHop etc.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And it's been said you can find those in the 5th and 6th rounds.  They just need a high football IQ.  No need to spend on a safety right now.

Yeah okay.

let’s look at 2023. 

There were 6 safeties drafted in the fifth round. 

They started

0 (IR)

0 games, respectively. 

Love that.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah okay.

let’s look at 2023. 

There were 6 safeties drafted in the fifth round. 

They started

0 (IR)

0 games, respectively. 

Love that.

Michah Hyde 5th round

Jordan Poyer 7th round.

Checkmate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Lmao. Keep trying. 

If your argument is that 5th and 7th round safeties can grow into quality and even high-end starters after a couple of years, Poyer and Hyde are great examples.

If your argument is that 5th and 7th round safeties can start right away and be serviceable, they are terrible examples.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1