Britt Reid Prison Term Already Commuted

7 minutes ago, Trev said:

Accidents happen. No need for him to sit in jail. Fine him and move on. 

Read this story and tell me if you feel the same:

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-cut-the-line-into-the-nfl-now-he-cut-the-line-out-of-prison-180036459.html

It seems like justice wasn’t served for the family and it came under suspect circumstances

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Trev said:

Accidents happen. No need for him to sit in jail. Fine him and move on. 

Driving 83mph with a .113 blood alcohol content is a choice, not an accident.  Unfortunately, personal responsibility seems a foreign concept to many.  But the kid just has a TBI, so I'm sure she wishes she could just move on.

• Agree 6

Money & Super Bowl wins have a lot of influence i guess . He will probably screw up again and he will make Andy look bad when in truth if something bad should happen the Judge needs to be the one to pay some kind of consequence for his action of not having him serve his time while being a repeat offender .

6 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Social classes are real

Not so much social class as economic class.    People who can afford the best lawyers almost always get a lesser sentence than people convicted of the same crime who have to depend upon a public defender.  Money talks.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Driving 83mph with a .113 blood alcohol content is a choice, not an accident.  Unfortunately, personal responsibility seems a foreign concept to many.  But the kid just has a TBI, so I'm sure she wishes she could just move on.

He needed the full sentence and to have the worst prison experience possible.  He is scum and daddy’s money will buy his freedom.  Meanwhile that poor girl and her family get to live in hell for decades.  

when karma comes a knockin I hope it’s a mother effer for him.  

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is so gross on so many levels. 

I'm not going to post how I really feel becuase this is not a forum for politics and I don't want any negative points.

I wouldn’t recommend the Politics forum either, it’s so toxic. Half the people there probably won’t comment on this because of which side the Governor is on (it would likely be the same if it was reversed) when it obviously shouldn’t matter. Wrong is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The part of the article where the mom wonders aloud what would have happened to her if she was drunk, ran into Reid’s car and injured Reid’s kid, is particularly thought provoking.  I think the answer is obvious.

And the DA can say all she wants about not accepting the plea agreement if she knew it would be commuted.  3 years, even if fully served, was never enough for this dirt bag.  

Same.  I agree with her - her life would be over.

Unless the DA is incredibly naive, she has to know that this guy got special treatment all along - in how long it took to bring charges, in what he was charged with (not as many or severe charges as could be), in what he was allowed to plea to, and Yes Virginia, if you agree to a plea deal you have to know he is eligible for parole after 1/3 of his sentence, and it can be commuted.

I felt what the mom had to say about Britt hurting other people was poignant: 

Reid previously pleaded guilty to flashing a gun at another motorist in a 2007 incident, and while serving his sentence for that charge, he pleaded guilty to another unrelated charge of driving while under the influence of a controlled substance. Miller said she worries that Reid could hurt another family.

"He keeps just getting a little slap on a wrist when you keep just letting somebody get away, get away, get away. They're going to continue to do it," Miller said.

She's right.

Meanwhile there are other cases in MO where the perpetrator is arguably less of a public menace and could be released to earn $$ for their families and Governor Hee Haw (right name) doesn't care.

21 hours ago, itaos said:

I’m sure he learned his lesson and is fully rehabilitated 

That's...sarcasm, right?

14 hours ago, SoTier said:

Not so much social class as economic class.    People who can afford the best lawyers almost always get a lesser sentence than people convicted of the same crime who have to depend upon a public defender.  Money talks.

Its why the IRS goes after people in rural areas more often.  They can't afford good attorney's to defend themselves.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

After raising a family I adopted the attitude that I almost exclusively judge people based on the behavior of their children. I found this works really well. I found respect for folks I didn't think I would like very much because their kids are great and vice versa. 

By that standard Andy Reid a piece of *****. 

Oh, gee, I got to disagree with this one to some extent.  It's a mixed bag.

I know too many parents where they are great people and most of their kids are great people - but then there's that one kid.  A colleague at work.  A good friend is going through it right now.  Has 3 kids, two of them are upstanding citizens - hard workers, good people, just a delight.  Then there's the third, who just left his umpteenth stint of alcohol rehab and associated "sober living".  She's a great person, his stepdad was a great person and dad, 2 of her 3 kids are great people.  Maybe sometimes great parents just have troubled kids.

Even the Reids - they have 5 kids, and 3 of them as far as is known have not had any trouble.

I do believe that addiction is a disease and that medical progress in learning how to treat and manage it has been painfully slow, partly because of the duality where addiction is seen as both a disease, and as a moral failing that can be treated by faith.

But in the case of the Reids, I do feel they have responsibilities they haven't filled as well as they could have as parents, because both their eldest kids struggled with addictions which started at about the same time Reid became a head coach.  It seems clear that Andy Reid prioritized his head coaching career with its crazy hours and limited family life ahead of his two eldest sons' well-being.  Britt Reid has reportedly been addicted to painkillers since age 14, about 2 years after Reid took over as head coach of the Eagles.  When the sentencing judge described their home as a "drug emporium" I was like "That's Some Enabling".  And frankly, if you're hiring your known-addicted kids as S&C coaches and positional coaches, that's quite likely not serving the best interests of your young players, either, many of whom are vulnerable in different ways.

I said to a friend "Andy Reid sold his soul as a parent for those Superbowl rings", and I do believe that.  I also don't believe it wasn't known in the Chiefs facility that Britt Reid was drinking and becoming drunk in the facility, then driving home.

Interesting article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/01/sports/football/britt-reid-sentence-andy.html

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, T master said:

Money & Super Bowl wins have a lot of influence i guess . He will probably screw up again and he will make Andy look bad when in truth if something bad should happen the Judge needs to be the one to pay some kind of consequence for his action of not having him serve his time while being a repeat offender .

Oh, isn't that a concept.

But you do realize in this instance, the judge had basically nothing to do with it.  The DA and the defendant's lawyers negotiated a plea deal which the defendant accepted.  After he served the minimum time for parole, the MO Governor commuted his sentence.

If you'd like the MO Governor to face some consequence, I'm all for it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Billl said:

It legit had nothing to do with it.  It’s caused a huge uproar in the city.  He could rot in jail as far as I’m concerned.  Britt actually served more time than average for his crime which is why he was on the list of commutations.  No politician is stupid enough to hurt his own aspirations like this intentionally.  He’s not a KC guy in any way, shape, or form.  No chance he’s doing favors for the Chiefs.

So then the victim's family is lying, he isn't a Chiefa fan, not a season ticket holder, didn't go to the Parade and doesn't have a Chiefs tattoo?  They made all that up?  Do I have that straight?

20 hours ago, Billl said:

It legit had nothing to do with it.  It’s caused a huge uproar in the city.  He could rot in jail as far as I’m concerned.  Britt actually served more time than average for his crime which is why he was on the list of commutations.  No politician is stupid enough to hurt his own aspirations like this intentionally.  He’s not a KC guy in any way, shape, or form.  No chance he’s doing favors for the Chiefs.

It's a bit of a naive, credulous take to believe that Britt Reid's status as the son of a celebrity Superbowl winning head coach had nothing to do with Parson's decision to commute his sentence - assuming you actually do believe that and are not just here as a Chiefs fan trolling us.

The statement "Britt served more time than average for his crime" was made by Parson's PR team to exculpate his actions in commuting Britt Reid's sentence, but has been disputed by the Kansas City Star.  The reporter authoring the Star article requested and did not receive data supporting the Gov. Office claim.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article286248105.html

I don't know how one can support a take "No chance that Parsons is doing favors for the Chiefs" when he's an unabashed Chiefs fan, literally got a tattoo on his body last February commemorating in part the Chief's 57th Superbowl victory which he showed off when visiting their training camp

https://www.facebook.com/GovMikeParson/posts/847652006731278?ref=embed_post

He's not a fan of Kansas City or St Louis, but he is a big KC Chiefs fan.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Fuc&$ng  scum should have been executed 

And how long until he has another?  And maybe kills a few people along the way.  I hope not but this stinks to high heaven 

Story time.  I will assert under oath this is a totally made up story if called upon.  

A friend's brother is a retired LEO.  30+ years on the force, saw it all.  Started on the beat, retired as a Major.

Sister has a son who is That Kid.  In his ?late 20s? 30?s?  Family has spent a small fortune on various rehab treatments and strategies over the last decade+.

After the most recent relapse, he was told he was not welcome in his mom's home while in active addiction, he had to go from rehab to sober living.   Found car in her driveway full of empty alcohol containers, son in a puddle of piss passed out in his former room in her basement.  (Locks had been changed but he found his way in).  After an altercation in which kid offered to fight his two uncles (retired LEO is like "really?  we're going to do this?"), current LEO were called and kid was taken away to city drunk tank.

Now legally, that's kid's car and his property, and driving it without his permission is theft.  But somehow, by some means, the car got moved to an "undisclosed location" and the keys are also in an "undisclosed location".

As a retired LEO, Uncle has Seen what he's Seen.  Relative driving drunk/injuring or killing someone, Just Not Happening on his watch.

Edited by Beck Water