Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

Question I have is Beane trying to sign anyone right now? Were we talking to any of these RB's or other guys that signed? Are we talking to guys right now or are we just playing the waiting game. The way they handled the Allen restrux makes me think they are ok just resigning a few of their own, adding late free agents and the draft. Hoping that I am wrong and we can at least add a legit WR, S or DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

could we be the dark horse team?

I really hope not for Ridley and I've feared this move since he torched us.  I don't think he is a culture fit though.  He was suspended for gambling while he was on a personal leave for the some mental health issues.  He will be 29 and disappears for long stretches and has issues with drops.  We could have just kept Gabe if we wanted that.

He had 9 games of 40 or less yards receiving.  He had 4 100 yard games and they were 101, 103, 106, and 122 (the game against the Bills where we had to play Elam on a bum wheel).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Question I have is Beane trying to sign anyone right now? Were we talking to any of these RB's or other guys that signed? Are we talking to guys right now or are we just playing the waiting game. The way they handled the Allen restrux makes me think they are ok just resigning a few of their own, adding late free agents and the draft. Hoping that I am wrong and we can at least add a legit WR, S or DL. 

Idk I’ll call beane and let you know!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Not going full Allen restructure kind of lowered my excitement for UFA additions. That told me there’s a limit on cash spending this offseason.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

My thinking is they are happy with Ty Johnson and are giving him an opportunity to get more money and have themselves as the fall-back option. 

There’s still a lot left on the market, RB isn’t that much of a concern imo. Safety should be their priority. 

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ridley to NE or JAX

Samuel, Hollywood or Trade are the best options now

Depends on the contract of course, but I’m guessing Ridley, Samuel, and Hollywood all get paid to a certain degree. I’d be ok just adding a low tier receiver (like Scherfield) as long as we get our future #1 in the first round. 

Provided we’re healthy there aren’t a ton of targets available for our 2nd receiver this year anyway. Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir, Cook, and Knox are all going to get targets (hopefully in that order). 

I’d rather spend on whoever they see as the top safety available (Simmons?) and a RB that can thump like Dillon. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ngbills said:

That is exactly what I think is going to happen.  I think, and again I say THINK, we have done all we are going to do until the draft.  Post June 1st he will look at the roster then see about adding on.

Guys this is an almost rebuild year. We went all in and failed and as Beane said "the Bill comes due" and it did this year. This is why all offseason last year some of us said make the cuts then, don't "run it back". No Hyde, or poyer, and make some needed cuts and rely on the draft so that THIS offseason we would have taken the hit and could invest.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

That is exactly what I think is going to happen.  I think, and again I say THINK, we have done all we are going to do until the draft.  Post June 1st he will look at the roster then see about adding on.

Guys this is an almost rebuild year. We went all in and failed and as Beane said "the Bill comes due" and it did this year. This is why all offseason last year some of us said make the cuts then, don't "run it back". No Hyde, or poyer, and make some needed cuts and rely on the draft so that THIS offseason we would have taken the hit and could invest.  

Sorry, can u tell me who we have lost that matters? Hyde was retiring no matter what. Poyer was bad. We all knew Davis was gone. I wish Epenesa was gone too.

Can u explain how this is a rebuild when the vast majority of the core players are still here??

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Glad this is not the Bills doing this. 

Four years ago Bills signed Matakevich to a 2 year $7.5M contract. That was just as bad as this 49ers contract. 

In his entire Bills career did he ever make one play? I swear the only time I saw him on the field was him falling down at the goal line as the Jets scored a punt return TD for OT win. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

But does Jacksonville want to pay that contract AND give up that 2nd Round pick? This may just be his way of saying "thanks, but no thanks" to NE.