Tee Higgins requests trade

59 minutes ago, 947 said:

Well Cincy isn't trading him to Buffalo. This just means the Bengals take another WR we covet off the board before we pick.

57 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Bingo!

Not Bingo though.  People get this wrong all the time…the team trading for him was probably a team that was going to draft a WR if they are making a big trade for Higgins, so no it does not change how many WRs could go before our pick unless it’s a team that drafts after us which are teams that either won’t be trading for him or Cincy would never trade him to.  So it’s a wash and doesn’t impact how many WRs go ahead of us.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not Bingo though.  People get this wrong all the time…the team trading for him was probably a team that was going to draft a WR if they are making a big trade for Higgins, so no it does not change how many WRs could go before our pick unless it’s a team that drafts after us which are teams that either won’t be trading for him or Cincy would never trade him to.  So it’s a wash and doesn’t impact how many WRs go ahead of us.  

Ummm wha???!?

The Bengals will take a WR in round 1 now for sure. That's the Bingo, bongo.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Ummm wha???!?

The Bengals will take a WR in round 1 now for sure. That's the Bingo, bongo.

And the team that traded for Higgins now won’t.  What part of it being a wash is confusing about that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And the team that traded for Higgins now won’t.  What part of it being a wash is confusing about that?

Because we are the team that will/was taking a WR at 28. It's simple math but you seem to not understand. The Bengals pick ahead of us. Correct?? yes.

The Bengals (if they keep Higgins) most likely won't pick a WR ahead of us, correct?? yes.

If Higgins gets traded the Bengals chances of picking a WR ahead of us goes up, correct??? yes.

So let me see... ummm X-1 WR ahead of us... that means there is one less WR available for us at 28 because the ummmm Bengals picked one.

There you go. Bingo, Bongo.

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Well Cincy isn't trading him to Buffalo. This just means the Bengals take another WR we covet off the board before we pick.

You can’t imagine how long I’ve been thinking about this and how much it pisses me off.

Watch them grab someone like Thomas just before us would make me want to fight somebody.

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Because we are the team that will/was taking a WR at 28. It's simple math but you seem to not understand. The Bengals pick ahead of us. Correct?? yes.

The Bengals (if they keep Higgins) most likely won't pick a WR ahead of us, correct?? yes.

If Higgins gets traded the Bengals chances of picking a WR ahead of us goes up, correct??? yes.

So let me see... ummm X-1 WR ahead of us... that means there is one less WR available for us at 28 because the ummmm Bengals picked one.

a) maybe they do, maybe not. 

b) wherever he lands no longer needs one

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You can’t imagine how long I’ve been thinking about this and how much it pisses me off.

Watch them grab someone like Thomas just before us would make me want to fight somebody.

Me too. I agree 100%. This isn't good.

het @Alphadawg... looksy. It's real yo.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

a) maybe they do, maybe not. 

b) wherever he lands no longer needs one

or wherever he lands stacks up and needs one. You don't sayyyyy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Watch out for KC here. 

Watch out for what?  There is 0% chance Cincy trades Higgins to KC, the team directly in their way for the SB annually for the next 5-10 years.  Same for Baltimore in their own division.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Lol...sorry, try again, that isn't Bingo Bongo.  You forgot to subtract the team that traded for Higgins from the teams that would have taken a WR before the trade.  So +1 teams by adding Cincy, but -1 team that traded for Higgins.  1 - 1 = 0.  

No change in number of teams ahead of us looking for a WR potentially in the first round.  So like I said, its a wash.  Only 4 teams draft after us, and 0% chance Cincy trades Higgins to rivals KC or Balt, and 0% chance Niners trade for him, and Detroit highly unlikely to make a big trade on offense when their defense needs so much help and are a favorite to trade for Sneed.  

If you still don't understand that, then I am not sure what else to tell you.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2