Jake Paul vs 57 year old Mike Tyson on Netflix

38 minutes ago, Fr. Jerk said:

I'll watch the "highlights" the next day. 

The “highlights” may last longer than some of his old fights. The guy next door would get the PPV and we’d all settle in to watch the fight. Wander off to the kitchen or the can at the wrong time and you could miss the whole thing! 

• Agree 1

Logan Paul boxed Mayweather. And what about that Tyson/Jones Jr exhibition? 

icegif-7.gif

Salute to the Paul bros, though. They've made a lot of money for themselves. 

Edited by Fr. Jerk

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

would be nice to see the old man kick his ass but unlikely. I don't see the kid knocking mike out but could go to the final bell with the kid winning the bout with a unanimous decision?

Kid.jpg.697ce482d1349eaa65108355edce7ce6.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

It'll sell well, but it's a joke.

Tyson, even at his age, could hurt Jake if he really wanted to, but this is obviously a cash grab.

Yes, Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson is really happening -- here's what to expect

Netflix has upward of 260 million subscribers globally, and since this isn't a PPV, there's a chance this is the most-watched fight of this century.

Should this fight even be happening?

Everyone involved will surely make a lot of money and there's little doubt this will be one of the most watched boxing matches ever. But no one really wants to see a nearly 60-year-old Mike Tyson get beaten up by Jake Paul. That just wouldn't be a good look for anyone, Paul and Netflix included. Some will surely believe Tyson will whoop up on the younger YouTube kid. But Paul is big, strong, athletic and three decades Tyson's junior. He'll have the advantage in every physical way.

The best-case scenario is the fight gets classified as an exhibition and the two have a friendly, yet physical sparring match, kind of like Tyson vs. Jones Jr. As Coppinger noted, those two weren't throwing with bad intentions back in November 2020, but the crowd still went home satisfied with the event. Frankly, this is all about entertainment anyway, not real sports competition. And that's OK if taken at face value.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Same. Tyson is going to destroy him.

Now, if you will excuse me, I plan to yet again go down another 1-hour Mike Tyson YouTube rabbit hole.

I could watch Tyson highlights for DAYS!!

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I could watch Tyson highlights for DAYS!!

i have a theory that is backed up with no data and sheer speculation that Tyson-related highlights are like top-5 most viewed YouTube content in America. 

(I have a buddy who just watches interviews of him, and claims Tyson is a genius)! 

• Haha (+1) 1