State of the Union Address 2024.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Can you highlight exactly what is dangerous about this speech about abortion and the Supreme Court - other than the fact you don't like the attention this continues to receive?

Here is the transcript:

And history is watching another assault on freedom.  

Joining us tonight is Latorya Beasley, a social worker from Birmingham, Alabama. 14 months ago tonight, she and her husband welcomed a baby girl thanks to the miracle of IVF. 

She scheduled treatments to have a second child, but the Alabama Supreme Court shut down IVF treatments across the state, unleashed by the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade. 

She was told her dream would have to wait. 

What her family has gone through should never have happened. And unless Congress acts, it could happen again. 

So tonight, let’s stand up for families like hers! 

To my friends across the aisle, don’t keep families waiting any longer. Guarantee the right to IVF nationwide! 

Like most Americans, I believe Roe v. Wade got it right. And I thank Vice President Harris for being an incredible leader, defending reproductive freedom and so much more. 

But my predecessor came to office determined to see Roe v. Wade overturned. 

He’s the reason it was overturned. In fact, he brags about it. 

Look at the chaos that has resulted. 

Joining us tonight is Kate Cox, a wife and mother from Dallas. 

When she became pregnant again, the fetus had a fatal condition. 

Her doctors told Kate that her own life and her ability to have children in the future were at risk if she didn’t act. 

Because Texas law banned abortion, Kate and her husband had to leave the state to get the care she needed. 

What her family has gone through should never have happened as well. But it is happening to so many others. 

There are state laws banning the right to choose, criminalizing doctors, and forcing survivors of rape and ***** to leave their states as well to get the care they need. 

Many of you in this Chamber and my predecessor are promising to pass a national ban on reproductive freedom. 

My God, what freedoms will you take away next? 

In its decision to overturn Roe v. Wade the Supreme Court majority wrote, “Women are not without – electoral or political power.” 

No kidding. 

Clearly, those bragging about overturning Roe v. Wade have no clue about the power of women in America. 

They found out though when reproductive freedom was on the ballot and won in 2022, 2023, and they will find out again, in 2024. 

If Americans send me a Congress that supports the right to choose, I promise you, I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again! 

America cannot go back. I am here tonight to show the way forward. Because I know how far we’ve come. 

Edited by BillStime

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

hahaha nice euphemism,  Biden “pathway to citizenship for Dreamers”

and BSTime with his fixation on me as someone else again. Let it go, it’s a tired act.

Awe, DR is sad... he doesn't like to be called out for his lies.

After all - you freaks have a psyop to sell!

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 07, 2024 10:31 PM EST

The laundry list of reminders of how long he's been around DC might not be the W he thinks it is. 

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobilz said:

Painful

It will be for Joe later also.

a dose of Methadone will be required after that'

The takeaway from that performance is the yelling and scolding.

• Like (+1) 1

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 07, 2024 10:38 PM EST

I'll let someone more sober and less strung out than I am do the real wrap but I'll finish with something approximating a thought or two.

As speeches go, this wasn't one — just a grab bag of random stuff, arranged in no particular order, with no dramatic sweep, and delivered with all the grace of a spider monkey on Red Bull.

As a campaign event, it might have inspired the dedicated, but if you were worried about Biden's fitness... you're more worried now than you were two hours ago.

I know I am.

Not feeling the Republican rebuttal…even though I, for the most part, agree with the sentiment, the delivery is too overly dramatic for my taste…

I actually had to turn the channel because the woman started to look like a crazed lunatic, and it was started to scare me a bit…

Scared Asustad GIF

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2

Ughh the Republicans can't get out of their own way. That was probably the worst State of the Union in history. The old man was yelling about potato chips! This has to be a simulation. All the Republicans have to do is be normal and measured and they send out this lady who has never given a speech in her life apparently. What a mess tonight was. I should have watched 90 Day Fiancee

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Ughh the Republicans can't get out of their own way. That was probably the worst State of the Union in history. The old man was yelling about potato chips! This has to be a simulation. All the Republicans have to do is be normal and measured and they send out this lady who has never given a speech in her life apparently. What a mess tonight was. I should have watched 90 Day Fiancee

I prefer Long Island Medium…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

couldn’t even say her name correctly. Way to gaslight her parents with the “killed by legals” canard. 

and invoking the memory of the loss of a child (again) … it’s not about 

you Biden

Evil and callous.

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
add
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

couldn’t even say her name correctly. Way to gaslight her parents with the “killed by legals” canard. 

Evil and callous.

These people act like they’ve known Big Tech would be rigging election after election for them since 2008 when Barry met Google.  

2016 was a unexpected glitch they did not take seriously - she didn’t go to Wisconsin.  

Abortion.  Abortion.  We’ll take your guns.  And Republicans suck.  

Awesome work everyone.  Give yourself a big round of applause for this debacle of a country - except Florida.  

The Free State of Florida is where America as you knew it resides.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bama student body pres speaking like she's running for Bama student body pres

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

and invoking the memory of the loss of a child (again) … it’s not about 

you Biden

Evil and callous.

He went off script - big fkn deal 

Pro-Hamas protesters block the Presidential motorcade.  No biggie. 

Dad who’s son was indirectly killed by our POS President.  ARREST HIM. 

I f**king loathe everything about this projection administration.. crying about Trump when they are all they warn us of. 

Disgraceful. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

you call that fiasco going off script?

Yeah - you do realize the speech was released before it even began, right?

Now go take out the trash:

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Pro-Hamas protesters block the Presidential motorcade.  No biggie. 

Dad who’s son was indirectly killed by our POS President.  ARREST HIM. 

I f**king loathe everything about this projection administration.. crying about Trump when they are all they warn us of. 

Disgraceful. 

Sorry to hear about his son… but his anger is misplaced.

Biden wasn’t the one who handed over Afghanistan to the Taliban and released 5,000 Taliban prisoners.

Save your faux tears SC.

image.thumb.jpeg.60b1f93e9a2e2cafbd779c88c4cf82ed.jpeg

“Putin’s Price hike” we were told wasn’t happening now it is but it’s corporations and I fixed it.  Hmm mmm…. Ok

They throw insurrectionist and coup around tho no problem or thought involved 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1