Matt Araiza signs with Chiefs

On 2/22/2024 at 2:12 PM, JMM said:

Seems a bit strange, first of all the timing,  but more importantly they already have a terrific punter in Townsend. So unless they are releasing him for salary issues this signing makes little sense 

We should bring their punter in for a look.  He was great in the playoffs and SB. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Agree with your take here, although I like “McClappy” better. LOL

As for the Pegulas, I’m pretty sure that Kim Pegula is no longer actively involved in any operations for the Bills, and Terry may not being doing much either in running the Bills anymore, as he may be preoccupied with his wife, and he may be fine with Beane (and other top execs) running the show.

Of course I’m just speculating here, as I’m not an insider.

He took over as President of first the Bills, then the Sabres after his wife had an MI/stroke...

I swear this only adds to the feel that the Chiefs are an A-1 org who are all about adding new trinkets and getting a leg up on the rest of the league, while the Bills feel like experts at foolishly relinquishing advantages that they had a hold of.

This is what happens when fans get bigheaded before winning a championship, acting as if they have luxury, and turning on their own before even being found guilty of an accusation.

Whether Araiza sticks or not, this just feels perfect with the Chiefs being at the other end.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I wish we would have signed him. I guess the cap made us keep sam martin?

More likely he was never going to return to the Bills if there was someone else interested.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/22/2024 at 3:12 PM, JMM said:

Seems a bit strange, first of all the timing,  but more importantly they already have a terrific punter in Townsend. So unless they are releasing him for salary issues this signing makes little sense 

They don't have a punter, Townsend is a UFA

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I'm probably wrong, but I thought Martin's contract ended after this last season? 

58 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm probably wrong, but I thought Martin's contract ended after this last season? 

Nope.  He's signed for 2 more seasons.

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Would have been nice to have him in the chiefs playoff game instead of that noodle leg kicker that the Bills had

Hey, in his defense he was playing injured (happened when PIT blocked the FG).  I have no idea why they thought playing him instead of signing someone off the PS (or streets) for that game was a good idea.  Wasn't the poor punter's fault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

yes, the Punter was really holding the Bills Defense back,,,,lol.  #4 last year, #2 the year before.

weird bump

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.