NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Rising from the dead is overrated.

Takes more to get off the couch.  I'm not gonna knock the pick. He came back and played well, damar did come back but didn't do much.  

I get the sentimental value of it but flacco did come back and contributed.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I mean he did let's be honest.  I'm just saying, when it comes to stupid awards, they can't pick.him with all those INTS. It is what it is. Josh is my.guy.  Most talent in the league.  But this is based on stats and clips. He had to many with INTs this year 

Kurt Warner led the league in turnovers the year he won MVP. Besides, shouldn't turnovers-to-touchdowns ratio matter?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Guess I’ll be one of the few who strongly disagrees with this take. The Ravens were the model of consistency all year, they bludgeoned other top teams in the league. Lamar played phenomenal at times, he was captain of “the best team in the league.”

If Josh’s Bills beat up on contender after contender like the Ravens and Josh also had the low turnover output Lamar had (ie didn’t cost his team games), there’s no doubt Josh would’ve been in the MVP discussion all year long and the likely winner.

When the Dolphins were hot early, Hill and Tua were heavily discussed. Before the 49ers hit their lull, Brock Purdy and McCaffrey were heavily discussed. Nowadays they seem to award the MVP to a player on the perceived best team rather than the player who was most impactful league wide.

Race has nothing to do with it.

Agree with you.  If 49ers beat the Ravens, CMC would have been league MVP.  He was trending toward being the favorite by halftime of that game, but once Ravens won, Lamar became the favorite and clinched it when they spanked the Dolphins.  If MVP voting included playoffs, maybe someone overtakes Lamar, but the voting happens when the regular season wraps and Ravens were all the talk then.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

one vote.....   ONE.

Josh is really not liked.  Maybe it’s partly because he blows off Pro Bowls. Who knows.

But one vote is outrageous. It’s like each Allen turnover is treated as 5 turnovers compared to every other top QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh is really not liked.  Maybe it’s partly because he blows off Pro Bowls. Who knows.

But one vote is outrageous. It’s like each Allen turnover is treated as 5 turnovers compared to every other top QB.

I'm not mad about the MVP at all, honestly don't care but I agree.  He's not liked.  As someone said before it comes down to two reasons, they were wrong about him in their previous expectations of him and his race (and or his quoting racist things that were just him being a kid joking around with a friend).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.