Mock draft simulators.

Bigvinny

51 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

this is one of my favorites I’ve seen. Fantastic job!!  A dynamic explosive elite speed 6’3 in Franklin.  A monster of a NT in Sweat. A very interesting 6’7 WR in Wilson who could be a total nightmare to deal with. Then another quality WR in Baker

Thanks. I really like this one also. 3 of my favourite WRs in this draft and I think at those spots it’s realistic. Would really improve our offense. And love getting 2 DT in Sweat and Randolph Jr. Hope Beane pulls off something like this. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Decided to concentrate on WR, DT, S, but they just handed me a fella at 28, so I took him.

Brock Bowers

TE Georgia

Ja'Lynn Polk

WR Washington

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Tykee Smith

S Georgia

Javon Solomon

EDGE Troy

Brenden Rice

WR USC

Malik Mustapha

S Wake Forest

Fabien Lovett

DT Florida State

Marshawn Kneeland

EDGE Western Michigan

Anim Dankwah

OT Howard

Kendall Milton

RB Georgia

I’d be on with it but we better be trading Knox 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Decided to concentrate on WR, DT, S, but they just handed me a fella at 28, so I took him.

Brock Bowers

TE Georgia

Ja'Lynn Polk

WR Washington

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Tykee Smith

S Georgia

Javon Solomon

EDGE Troy

Brenden Rice

WR USC

Malik Mustapha

S Wake Forest

Fabien Lovett

DT Florida State

Marshawn Kneeland

EDGE Western Michigan

Anim Dankwah

OT Howard

Kendall Milton

RB Georgia

Love Bowers, he’s just a huge WR. The question would become if he was drafted is does he take away from King Cade’s role…? 

They’d have to be used in a similar fashion, which wouldn’t be a bad thing. Might be a problem with the contract, love and track record for Dawson Knox. 

Polk is an intriguing prospect and very similar to Brenden Rice. Would be a decent combo to select. Would rather they do something different with that first pick though if it ended up unfolding that way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

how about FSU Johnny Wilson?  6’7 and good speed for that size. Would be a very interesting pick in Round 3: edit someone likely takes him Round 2 just based on physical size and power

considering Beane’s love for Kelvin Benjamin even though that didn’t work out…I could see us really liking him

I haven't looked at him yet. Just kind of starting and haven't really gone in depth beyond some of the bigger names. Really liked what I saw from Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette, and Keon Coleman. They kind of jumped off the screen to me.

I'd say at 6'7", it would really come down to how he tests at the Combine and Pro Day. Most guys THAT big are giving up some speed and athletic ability. If he were to test really well, he'll climb. If he tests average or below, quite possible that he falls to the end of Round 3 or later, given the depth of the class. 

Another thing we have to take into account with these guys is how they look on video is great. But if they don't interview well and don't show a love of the game, a desire to be great, an understanding of what they need to improve on, a high intellect for the game and position, and appear coachable - what they've done won't matter to this regime. Those things weigh just as heavy as what they see on the video, maybe even more. And we won't know who's impressed them there and who didn't.

Kelvin Benjamin could make Beane less into the idea though. He saw first hand how a really big WR can backfire. Especially if their fire is lacking. I'd also say that everyone who says he loved him is projecting. He was just the Assistant GM, not the guy who picked him. It would be like saying Brian Gaine had to have loved everyone Beane took last year.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Thanks. I really like this one also. 3 of my favourite WRs in this draft and I think at those spots it’s realistic. Would really improve our offense. And love getting 2 DT in Sweat and Randolph Jr. Hope Beane pulls off something like this. 

3 of the first 4 picks at WR alone is absolutely not happening.

As it is, the 2nd WR taken will be getting minimal targets with Diggs, Franklin, Shakir, and Kincaid ahead of them in the pecking order as is.

A 3rd one would mean one of the picks would barely see the field, if they even dress at all. You're not going to spend 3rd & 4th picks for those roles, with the amount of holes we have to fill and the depth of the class at WR.

We have to address holes we have at DT (of which we have to find a starter and 3 more rotational guys), DE (a guy who can start, as we can't rely on Miller without insurance, and a rotational rusher), and Safety (1, possibly 2 starters, if we let go of Poyer). We're not going to be able to do all of that in Free Agency and 1 pick at those spots before Round 5 is not enough.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Love Bowers, he’s just a huge WR. The question would become if he was drafted is does he take away from King Cade’s role…? 

They’d have to be used in a similar fashion, which wouldn’t be a bad thing. Might be a problem with the contract, love and track record for Dawson Knox. 

Polk is an intriguing prospect and very similar to Brenden Rice. Would be a decent combo to select. Would rather they do something different with that first pick though if it ended up unfolding that way.

I'd like to see Brady find creative ways to get them both on the field, if that were to play out. I'd be shocked if it did. I'm an UGA fan. Also like both Polk and Rice. So, I mostly just said, I like those fellas, I'm taking them. No consequences when it's make-believe.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd like to see Brady find creative ways to get them both on the field, if that were to play out. I'd be shocked if it did. I'm an UGA fan. Also like both Polk and Rice. So, I mostly just said, I like those fellas, I'm taking them. No consequences when it's make-believe.

That’s the fun part about these mocks. 

Speaking of UGA TEs… I know they’re not exactly the same mold but I’d hate to see the team that drafts him utilize him the way Pittsburgh do Washington… Not at all. Talent is absolutely there and needs to be given a chance. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Brock Bowers

TE Georgia

Ja'Lynn Polk

WR Washington

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Tykee Smith

S Georgia

Javon Solomon

EDGE Troy

Brenden Rice

WR USC

Malik Mustapha

S Wake Forest

Fabien Lovett

DT Florida State

Marshawn Kneeland

EDGE Western Michigan

Anim Dankwah

OT Howard

Kendall Milton

RB Georgia

That'd be something else with him as a TE. Surely Knox would be traded the next day for a song and a dance. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

PFN_Draft_result_1707875633993.thumb.png.adeb7f7b4a09e5ebc195da75f040c0cb.png

The Oregon draft :)

That would be a wickedly awesome draft. Love Jaylon Collins, think he’s a solid player that can play as well as Rapp; decent backup safety at worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Brock Bowers

TE Georgia

Bowers fell to me in only one mock so far and I absolutely jumped at the chance to add him. 

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I’d be on with it but we better be trading Knox 

Or the Bills could continue to develop their heavier packages including at least two TEs on the field at a time. Fielding at least two of Knox, Kincaid, and Bowers on the majority of snaps shouldn't coincide with less passing explosiveness. It SHOULD coincide with less predictability and less vulnerability to defenses with excellent secondaries, like KC, for example. 2 or 3 TE sets are fascinating responses to defenses who like to go nickel and dime all the time. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

This was allegedly Dorsey's plan for the offense in 2023, being physical and multiple and unpredictable due in part to multiple-TE sets.

4 hours ago, boyst said:

That'd be something else with him as a TE. Surely Knox would be traded the next day for a song and a dance. 

If trading Knox carries cap relief, then sure, that makes sense. But with him having two years left on his extension, I'd imagine it's better to keep him one more season and benefit from his presence we'd be paying for anyways. Why not try to adapt and operate from a position of strength? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Bowers fell to me in only one mock so far and I absolutely jumped at the chance to add him. 

Or the Bills could continue to develop their heavier packages including at least two TEs on the field at a time. Fielding at least two of Knox, Kincaid, and Bowers on the majority of snaps shouldn't coincide with less passing explosiveness. It SHOULD coincide with less predictability and less vulnerability to defenses with excellent secondaries, like KC, for example. 2 or 3 TE sets are fascinating responses to defenses who like to go nickel and dime all the time. 

This was allegedly Dorsey's plan for the offense in 2023, being physical and multiple and unpredictable due in part to multiple-TE sets.

If trading Knox carries cap relief, then sure, that makes sense. But with him having two years left on his extension, I'd imagine it's better to keep him one more season and benefit from his presence we'd be paying for anyways. Why not try to adapt and operate from a position of strength? 

In a madden universe it works. In real world it doesn’t really work. Not like you’re dreaming it up. At least I don’t think they take advantage of it the way you want them to. I’d be all for a 3TE offense a good portion of the time. But we couldn’t even run Knox and Kincaid on the field successfully despite what everyone here saw as far as potential. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not in 1,000,000,000,000 years would this ever happen. But you do enough mocks and I guess Nabers will end up falling eventually. I started attempting to trade up when he made it to the teens. And he just wasn’t taken. Coleman, Odunze, and Thomas all taken before him. Because he fell I had to give up a bunch. 28, next years 2nd and 5th. I felt really good. Heading into the 2nd rd I planned on moving up to the 40s to pick up Sweat and the Pats took him at 34. Then McConkey and Worthy fell and I saw Franklin still there and thought, what the hell. Let’s get this WR room right once and for all. Gave 60, 161, and next years 3rd. I fully expected I would trade back a few times the rest of the way to recoup some of next years picks and only got offered 1 trade and that was my 3rd round pick. I couldn’t move back 20+ spots at that point just to swap next years 4th for my 6th. So I took the S. Overall I’d kill for this draft as I think everyone else would too. Could even move on from Diggs post June for extra picks next year. Or at the trade deadline. Options are endless. 

Malik Nabers

WR LSU

Troy Franklin

WR Oregon

Jaden Hicks

S Washington State

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Fabien Lovett

DT Florida State

Joe Milton

QB Tennessee

Nelson Ceaser

EDGE Houston

Kitan Oladapo

S Oregon State

Anim Dankwah

OT Howard

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not in 1,000,000,000,000 years would this ever happen. But you do enough mocks and I guess Nabers will end up falling eventually. I started attempting to trade up when he made it to the teens. And he just wasn’t taken. Coleman, Odunze, and Thomas all taken before him. Because he fell I had to give up a bunch. 28, next years 2nd and 5th. I felt really good. Heading into the 2nd rd I planned on moving up to the 40s to pick up Sweat and the Pats took him at 34. Then McConkey and Worthy fell and I saw Franklin still there and thought, what the hell. Let’s get this WR room right once and for all. Gave 60, 161, and next years 3rd. I fully expected I would trade back a few times the rest of the way to recoup some of next years picks and only got offered 1 trade and that was my 3rd round pick. I couldn’t move back 20+ spots at that point just to swap next years 4th for my 6th. So I took the S. Overall I’d kill for this draft as I think everyone else would too. Could even move on from Diggs post June for extra picks next year. Or at the trade deadline. Options are endless. 

Malik Nabers

WR LSU

Troy Franklin

WR Oregon

Jaden Hicks

S Washington State

Jordan Jefferson

DT LSU

Fabien Lovett

DT Florida State

Joe Milton

QB Tennessee

Nelson Ceaser

EDGE Houston

Kitan Oladapo

S Oregon State

Anim Dankwah

OT Howard

If you find that universe, go out and buy a lottery ticket.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If you find that universe, go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Well, it happened. In the Profootballnetwork universe. I guess I’ll have to pray to the football gods come draft time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1