Gunner's 2024 Mock Draft - FINAL v3.0 NOW LIVE (p.13)

GunnerBill

Great work @GunnerBill as always.  I've got one team connection, Steelers, and Mims is the guy from what im told.  

Re: Bills, im really hoping Worthy and Thomas are on the board at our pick.  At 28, or a small tradeup, to see who they truly value more.  

I am in the Worthy camp myself, and draft/sign another WR later.  Should be a fun night.  Thanks for all you've shared/work on draft prep

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

@GunnerBill man I hope you’re right and we end up with Thomas. Unfortunately at the cost of the Dolphins getting worthy and continuing to be a nightmare matchup for us at the WR position. Still, if we got a Thomas I’m ok with it. Let’s hope Dallas jumps ahead of Miami and is in love with Worthy as much as McDaniels is. 

And thanks for doing these. 

Considering who they have throwing the ball to them, I'm fine with the Dolphins staying on the WR hamster wheel.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Beast said:

Continuing nightmare matchup with the Dolphins? The Bills have absolutely dominated the Fish since Allen arrived. They have enough weapons. That isn’t Miami’s problem.

Hill has been a thorn in the Bills side like, forever 

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering who they have throwing the ball to them, I'm fine with the Dolphins staying on the WR hamster wheel.

This I don’t disagree with.  It that might always be the case. As far as we know Tua hasn’t signed yet. 

30 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

@GunnerBill Bo Nix falls entirely out of the first round?!? No Troy Franklin??? I feel personally attacked.

I think good chance the Broncos do find a way to trade back and then either they take Nix with that pick or the get a 2nd rounder (currently don't) and take him with that tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think good chance the Broncos do find a way to trade back and then either they take Nix with that pick or the get a 2nd rounder (currently don't) and take him with that tomorrow.

Yeah his age and early career makes him a tougher e v a l. I think he and Penix are a lot closer that top-15 and out of the first rd., but we'll see! 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Albright and DJ both have them trading back with the Eagles for basically the same compensation which includes a second. 

Albright thinks they’ll take Nix in rd 2. DJ had them taking Nix after the trade back

@GunnerBill great job as always - any idea why WR has gone from "We may see 7 receivers in the first round" to only 5?  Mitchell/Legette/Franklin/McConkey all not being selected in the first.  Does that say more about the concerns of the talent, or the addressing of other needs by teams?

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Albright and DJ both have them trading back with the Eagles for basically the same compensation which includes a second. 

Albright thinks they’ll take Nix in rd 2. DJ had them taking Nix after the trade back

Yea both possibilities make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

@GunnerBill great job as always - any idea why WR has gone from "We may see 7 receivers in the first round" to only 5?  Mitchell/Legette/Franklin/McConkey all not being selected in the first.  Does that say more about the concerns of the talent, or the addressing of other needs by teams?

I think it says something about needs - it also says a lot about the strength at the top of this OL group IMO. As I said in my analysis post today I have 8 tackles in my top 40 players plus two interior guys in Barton and JPJ.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

I can see this happening bc of the depth at the position and the debate after the top 3. 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.  

Btw….

Eric Wood was drafted 28th overall just sayin….

*ducks*

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I can see this happening bc of the depth at the position and the debate after the top 3. 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.  

Btw….

Eric Wood was drafted 28th overall just sayin….

*ducks*

I think the Bills go OL with that first pick and I'm all for it

• Like (+1) 1

People under appreciate what Torrence did for this Oline and running game.  Him next to Brown total maulers in the run game - Brown was solid all around playing next to a rookie.  

Still don’t understand why we want to tweak too much when we can draft C1 and add to that - we could realistically field 4 all pros on the Oline if Center 1 in the draft comes in and is elite.  

My ideal draft is WR RD 1 then trading up in RD 2 to get Frazier.

The league is swinging back to being able to run the ball.  Not as a feature but as a cheat code against small fast defenses. 

If Barton fell - there’s your LG.  That’s an intriguing option to.  

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Awesome job Gunner!  

Do you see the diabetes or concerns about effort/coachability as the reason AD Mitchell isn’t in round 1?

Yea. I considered him there at 32. He could sneak in. But he is a 50/50 shot to be a round 1 pick at this point IMO.